Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA winter 2022 schedule is announced

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Morkai
Interesting too, since there is an NRT-JFK flight.
NH9/10 have not operated in a very long time.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:22 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
So... any chance you think they can rebook my NRT - JFK to HND-JFK if I have outbound JFK-HND that was not cancelled?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:49 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Globalist; AS Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by angetenar

This is from the email that was sent out earlier today.
Saw the email too. However on the ANA website NH105/106 & NH125/126 still show the 787-9 as equipment scheduled for those flights in the winter schedule.
Hope that ANA updates equipment loaded in their reservation system for affected flights soon.

Last edited by arfaczar; Aug 30, 2022 at 8:00 pm
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
ORD is one of my most frequent routes, so I'm happy about the restoration of HND-ORD. I'm not happy about ORD getting the "Room" in J, though. I think the Staggered seats are more comfortable. Maybe I'll switch back to JL...
Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: ANA: SFC / Marriott: Platinum Elite / Hilton: Diamond
I had an November award booking for HND-IAH (NH114) in J and noticed from the press release that it wasn't going to be running on the weekday I had. And just this afternoon I got the email saying the flight was canceled but they'd put me on NH174 arriving 5 hours later instead. Problem was that killed the connecting flight I had, so I asked them to switch it to NH114 one day earlier. Of course there was no award space on the flight, but after asking the agent to check with higher ups, they called me back and made an exception. I was honestly surprised.
pjs and quikj like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Torode
I had an November award booking for HND-IAH (NH114) in J and noticed from the press release that it wasn't going to be running on the weekday I had. And just this afternoon I got the email saying the flight was canceled but they'd put me on NH174 arriving 5 hours later instead. Problem was that killed the connecting flight I had, so I asked them to switch it to NH114 one day earlier. Of course there was no award space on the flight, but after asking the agent to check with higher ups, they called me back and made an exception. I was honestly surprised.
Were you booked through ANA directly? I am in a similar boat, booked on NH113 on a Friday in February (not flying that day per the new schedule), but with UA miles. I haven't gotten any cancellation yet, and wondering whether I should waste my time on the phone with ANA or UA first.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
I may need to do something similar. While waiting for them to call back did they put you on NH174 in the meantime so you don’t lose the spot? And it seemed like they checked with higher ups pretty quickly.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:19 am
pjs

I have a similar issue with 2 J award seats on IAH-HND in June 2023 so I can't do anything yet, but I expect it will end up in a similar situation. Good to know it's possible. I just hate that I have to plan the other parts of my trip around the dates I have booked and then may have to tweak it a bit if I have to fly a different day. Such is the new reality.
Torode likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl
NH9/10 have not operated in a very long time.
My NH109 and NH10 are still showing as operating for my November flights. My confirmation number I received last year still allows me to go in and select the flight, pick seats, etc.

Am I missing something?

EDIT: Nevermind - I see it is canceled as of today.

Last edited by Morkai; Aug 31, 2022 at 9:45 am
Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Morkai
My NH109 and NH10 are still showing as operating for my November flights. My confirmation number I received last year still allows me to go in and select the flight, pick seats, etc.

Am I missing something?
Check ANA's operations page, or even just try to track NH9 or NH10 and you'll see they haven't been flying.
Just because you were able to book the ticket (probably a long time ago) doesn't mean the flight is actually flying.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by famouspotatoes
Were you booked through ANA directly? I am in a similar boat, booked on NH113 on a Friday in February (not flying that day per the new schedule), but with UA miles. I haven't gotten any cancellation yet, and wondering whether I should waste my time on the phone with ANA or UA first.
Yes, I booked with ANA miles directly. I received an email this afternoon saying that NH114 had been canceled for that date, and asking me to confirm NH174 as the alternative. I confirmed the flight on the website before calling in, because I wanted to make sure I had something ticketed before asking for any changes.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Cometstar
I may need to do something similar. While waiting for them to call back did they put you on NH174 in the meantime so you don’t lose the spot? And it seemed like they checked with higher ups pretty quickly.
Yes, in the change of flight email I got, they had already put me on NH174, and I just needed to confirm via the website. When I asked for a booking on Nov. 22 instead of Nov. 23 (since NH114 still operates on Nov. 22), I was adamant that I wanted them to retain the NH174 booking until it was guaranteed that the NH114 on Nov. 22 was doable. I did not want to relinquish NH174 and just to be in waitlist limbo, and they were receptive. It took around 40 minutes to get a call back saying that they could "adjust" the quota of award space available and give me NH114. Mind you, this was Japanese business hours and done over the phone in Japanese, maybe that helped. I also told them I'd be out 120,000 yen on a non-refundable connecting flight if they refused.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by pjs
I have a similar issue with 2 J award seats on IAH-HND in June 2023 so I can't do anything yet, but I expect it will end up in a similar situation. Good to know it's possible. I just hate that I have to plan the other parts of my trip around the dates I have booked and then may have to tweak it a bit if I have to fly a different day. Such is the new reality.
I really hope the schedule is back to near full strength by June 2023. But you might get a similar deal where you are automatically assigned to flight arriving at NRT instead of HND. It's a hassle but doable if you don't have same-day connections.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy something
Originally Posted by famouspotatoes
I have an award booking through UA that included NH114 on a Sunday which got nixed in the schedule change. Checked my booking this morning and they updated it to NH174 same day. Even kept my seat assignment. Yet to receive an email about the change, but the option to accept the change was present in the booking so it was a pretty seamless process.
Torode likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Grapenut
I have an award booking through UA that included NH114 on a Sunday which got nixed in the schedule change. Checked my booking this morning and they updated it to NH174 same day. Even kept my seat assignment. Yet to receive an email about the change, but the option to accept the change was present in the booking so it was a pretty seamless process.
Just got the notification that United had changed my itinerary. They had automatically rebooked me to NH173, but I was only waitlisted, not confirmed. In addition, I have a connecting flight out of HND, so a flight into NRT didn't work. I tried calling ANA, but no dice since I was ticketed through United. I'll probably end up rerouted on a UA flight instead. The silver lining is my return through ORD might end up being on a 777 with The Room I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.