Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BOB W

I have seen F bounce between 180K & 225K for EK awards. No idea why.
Depends on what continent you are flying to. F ranges from 150K NA-ME/India/south Asia to 225K NA-Australia. NA-Africa is 200K and Europe/Asia is 180K.

James
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Geeesh...75k and Still 7th on the upgrade list.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by rune87
Geeesh...75k and Still 7th on the upgrade list.
no sympathy until you share route, day/time, and equipment ... SJC-SEA on a Fri afternoon with an 8F Airbus is one thing; LAS-SEA on Sat morning with a 16F 739 is quite another
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
no sympathy until you share route, day/time, and equipment ... SJC-SEA on a Fri afternoon with an 8F Airbus is one thing; LAS-SEA on Sat morning with a 16F 739 is quite another
Chuckle : SEA:RDU tomorrow morning on an -800. 6 Seats currently open.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: Alaska
Trying to find flights that are eligible for GGU is such a pain haha.. is there really no easier way than searching on alaska air and checking each individual segment?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by greatrift
Trying to find flights that are eligible for GGU is such a pain haha.. is there really no easier way than searching on alaska air and checking each individual segment?
ExpertFlyer comes in hand here - search for U on the itinerary and I find I can more quickly explore dates and options.
beckoa and DrAlex like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Replying here, rather than the PDB thread as it's off topic to that one
Originally Posted by pcoll
Interesting item happened during the AS Visa announcement. FA announces over system the usual AS Visa card details, but at the end of the list of perks was WAIVED CHANGE FEES. My eyes went big and went to rear galley to ask if she read from a script. Her answer was yes. I said, "THIS IS A BIG DEAL". Both FA's assured me this was what they were told.
Now.....I do not believe it...cannot find anything in T and C to confirm this. Not sure where the confusion comes from.....would be nice if they decide to include this.
Unless it's actually changing, I wonder if they got RDM and EQM mixed up and thought 40k miles for signup gives Gold status (and change fee waivers). Had an FA do that on a VX flight when they started hawking the AS credit card.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
Got a "Ready for your trip on February #?" e-mail this morning in advance of an upcoming flight to Hawaii. It might as well have been "Ready to have a panic attack?" because the seat listed was in economy, after having assiduously scheduled this itinerary and kept on top of it via ExpertFlyer specifically to use GGUs. App and site both still show us in first class, so I'm guessing it is somehow looking back at our seats from when we very first booked, but I could have gone without those couple minutes of anxiety, AS!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RaginPlainsman
Got a "Ready for your trip on February #?" e-mail this morning in advance of an upcoming flight to Hawaii. It might as well have been "Ready to have a panic attack?" because the seat listed was in economy, after having assiduously scheduled this itinerary and kept on top of it via ExpertFlyer specifically to use GGUs. App and site both still show us in first class, so I'm guessing it is somehow looking back at our seats from when we very first booked, but I could have gone without those couple minutes of anxiety, AS!
AS IT strikes again....
jjmadison and RaginPlainsman like this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Boeing Everett factory tour / SEA Mini-DO (23-24 Mar 2019)

PSA to the greater AS FT community ... hopefully the snow will be gone by mid March

Zorak is the lead instigator ... CommunityBuzz thread with wiki
Zorak and jinglish like this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
I found a unicorn
“A” (Low First Award) space opened up on DFW-SEA just a few days prior to departure. I had already resigned myself to sitting in Y after a connecting J flight.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by sturges
I found a unicorn
“A” (Low First Award) space opened up on DFW-SEA just a few days prior to departure. I had already resigned myself to sitting in Y after a connecting J flight.
Those unicorns are becoming more common close in...
PABE likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Red face more AS IT nonsense

Mrs767 and I are flying STS-SEA this evening ... around 0845 I received an "Alaska Air Alert" email saying that, due to "operational issues," AS was seeking volunteers to take a different flight, with a voucher for future travel as compensation ... I took a quick look at options, found a pair of F seats STS-LAX-SEA (leaving an hour earlier and getting in ~90 min later), and called to inquire if we could be rebooked onto those flights rather than making the trip home tomorrow ... the agent seemed rather perplexed as she couldn't find any indication that the flight was overbooked or under any ops constraints, and after a few minutes she realized that AS had in fact sent the wrong email (!) ... the actual issue was a power outage at STS, which means TSA is manually screening all pax, so we'll basically need to pretend that STS is a large airport and arrive ~T-120 ... ok, not a big deal, but nice to know

at 0920 I got the "right" email explaining the situation ... except the last line said "See you in Juneau."
jinglish, be_rettSEA and DrAlex like this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
"See you in Juneau."
Maybe that's part of the new marketing campaign!?
pbelmore likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:13 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold

:giggles:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.