Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jinglish
other plans will be added to the wiki as they firm up

Saturday March 23
Boeing Factory Tour at 10:30am:
(buy your own ticket and meet us there, or coordinate carpooling in the thread)
Zorak (Sheraton Grand)
Zorak +1 (BLI)
CMK10 (airport Hilton)
BenA (local)
jrl767 (local)
DELee +1 (likely HGI Everett)

Afternoon option A:

lunch at Anthony’s Beach Cafe, Edmonds Marina ~1pm
jrl767
Mrs767
DELee +1
CMK10

Scratch Distillery tour and tasting ~230pm
jrl767
Mrs767
DELee +1 (daughter is 21 y/o)
CMK10

Afternoon option B:

lunch at Diamond Knot Alehouse, 621 Front Street, Mukilteo, WA 98275
Zorak +1
BenA

Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Musem
Zorak +1
BenA

Saturday dinner:

7pm Toulouse Petit (Lower Queen Anne) - (unfortunately the linked menu is from Nov 2017, but the current version is probably reasonably similar)
Confirmed/Extremely likely:
Zorak +1
jinglish
nomadic.relief
CMK10
steveman518
jrl767 +1
BenA
DELee +1
[signups are now [b]CLOSED -- the restaurant needed an accurate advance headcount for a group this size -- if you are interested in joining please send a PM to Zorak and we'll see if they can add more people]

Sunday March 24
breakfast/brunch at 1115am
13 Coins, 255 S King St (Pioneer Square, adjacent to King Street Station)
jrl767+1
Zorak
DELee +1
nomadic.relief maybe
jinglish

Museum of Flight group tour info ... suggested time perhaps 1200-1400

Resource thread: Northwest forum: GUIDE to touring Boeing plant, Flight museums in the Seattle area. Post #2 covers the Boeing factory tour and vicinity.
Print Wikipost

Boeing Factory Tour/PAE/SEA mini-DO March 22-24, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:48 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Boeing Factory Tour/PAE/SEA mini-DO March 22-24, 2019

A non-FT friend and I have been talking about doing the Boeing Factory Tour for a while now, and recently determined that Saturday, March 23 works for both of us, so we have booked the 10:30am tour.

https://www.futureofflight.org/boeing-tour-seattle

I've also pinged a couple of the SEA-area FTers, so let's try to make a mini-DO out of it

Tentative schedule:

Friday March 22:
- some arrival thing if people get in early enough (probably not me though, getting in at 10pm)

Saturday March 23:
- could try to meet up for breakfast beforehand if there is enough motivation
- Boeing tour at 10:30am <-- this is the only firm plan
- lunch somewhere near PAE (either of the options mentioned at https://www.futureofflight.org/dining seem relevant to my interests)
- afternoon: maybe the Flying Heritage Museum? FHCAM - Home
- dinner probably back in Seattle somewhere

Sunday March 24:
- brunch
- whatever
- departure

If interested in joining, please go ahead and buy your own tour ticket (if we actually threaten to come close to 15 participants we can try asking them for the group rate retroactively maybe) and we can coordinate carpooling etc. via the thread or something but otherwise have some backup plan for your own transportation.

Suggestions for other activities welcomed; also if anyone has any "ins" at Boeing/PAE and wants to hook us up that'd be great too
Pocatello likes this.

Last edited by Zorak; Jan 25, 2019 at 1:15 pm Reason: Inconsequential typo
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Historic Flight Foundation on the other side of the airfield is also worth a visit

Collection « Historic Flight
holmedown and Zorak like this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
placeholder for Sat lunch recommendations —

moved to wiki

Last edited by jrl767; Feb 17, 2019 at 10:44 pm
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
placeholder for Sat dinner recommendations

moved to wiki

Last edited by jrl767; Feb 6, 2019 at 8:55 pm
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

placeholder for Sun brunch recommendations
moved to wiki

Last edited by jrl767; Feb 13, 2019 at 8:40 pm
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

placeholder for beer and/or spirits and/or wine recommendations (Sat and/or Sun afternoon) —
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

placeholder for non-alcohol-related activity recommendations (Sat and/or Sun afternoon) —

Museum of Flight group tour info

moved to wiki

Last edited by jrl767; Feb 13, 2019 at 8:41 pm
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Sounds like fun.

I'm currently scheduled out of the country, but if something changes, I'll try to make it ^
Zorak likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:59 am

If people are going to be around for dinner Saturday/brunch Sunday, I can definitely confirm for those ... Saturday-day events are a bit iffier, technically I am scheduled to work until 2pm, but that employer is a touch unreliable regarding Saturday shifts. So count me in for anything after, say 430pm on Saturday, barring traffic snafus/getting lost in rural WA again, and if I can make it down for the Boeing tour, I will - still have never been.
Zorak likes this.

Last edited by nomadic.relief; Jan 26, 2019 at 1:30 am
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Something to do (pun intended) near Seattle is to drive to Woodenville for wine tasting. We did this at some SEA DO, IIRC the one to thank the PMNW Seattle based call center when they were eliminated in the merger.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Something to do (pun intended) near Seattle is to drive to Woodenville for wine tasting. ...
it’s Woodinville ... that’s with an i

seriously: my caveat would be that the wineries out that way get ridiculously crowded on both Sat and Sun afternoons and you’re apt to spend more time in transit between two venues less than a mile apart than you spend doing the tasting at either

that said, there’s a business complex that hosts both a very good distillery (JP Trodden) and several small wineries; there may even be a microbrewery in the vicinity
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
that said, there’s a business complex that hosts both a very good distillery (JP Trodden) and several small wineries; there may even be a microbrewery in the vicinity
There are at least a couple. Redhook has their big brewpub out there, in addition to some smaller ones I haven't been to, and Woodinville Whisky is also out there. They tasting flights/tours for $10 IIRC.

I'd like to make it but airfares will need to come down a bit. I'm seeing lots of lower fares out into the first week of March, maybe the prices for these days will come down in the next 3 weeks or so.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:47 am

just a heads-up that the redhook brewery out in Woodinville closed around late 2017/early 2018, but they opened up a newer brewpub in cap hill in 2017

If I'm around I'll definitely be interested
Zorak likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I didn't get a chance to do it on my trip 3 years ago, but just pointing out that there's also The Museum of Flight (including the Boeing red barn) not too far from SEA-TAC airport. We missed a turn on the way to the Avis dropoff and ended up coming across RA001 (the first Boeing 747), and took a few photos. One day I will visit the actual museum.

Have fun though, the scale of those factory floors are mindboggling. You look down like "Oh yeah, three planes. Wait. Three 747-8i?!"

Oh and food wise, I discovered Din Tai Fung when in Beijing and the xiao long bao (soup dumplings) are lifechanging. So maybe hit up one of their locations (there's one 10min from SEATAC in a mall). Not sure how well it works for a 'mini-Do'.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Museum of Flight group tour info

link added to wiki

Last edited by jrl767; Feb 6, 2019 at 9:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.