Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Long for Partner Miles to Post?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2024, 5:31 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Both BA J segments posted on the Tuesday following flights on the previous Thursday and Friday (so five and four days, respectively).
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Split Posting Plagues AS

Just flew LAX-LHR-FCO on BA departing Friday night (3/22), and the LAX-LHR segment posted Tuesday (3/26), while the LHR-FCO still has not. I seriously don't know of any other carrier that so consistently splits posting of separate segments on the same itinerary. They pretty much always get split, and this has happened across operating carriers - had it consistently happen with flights operated by BA, AY, and SQ. A minor issue I suppose, but it also seems to correspond with posting errors, particularly for the short-hauls.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 8:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by eap
This is possibly the most important step! I've had several agents waive the 8 week waiting period when I both (1) needed the flight for status in January and (2) had already submitted original receipts clearly showing fare classes.
Likewise, in January 2023 an agent escalated to a supervisor when I was waiting on a December Aer Lingus credit and I had flights to book. This year, no such luck when I was waiting on a December Air Tahiti Nui flight to credit. I have had these end of the year trips that get me to Gold but require lots of handholding to actually get the EQMs; minor silver lining is that my useless Gold Upgrade certs are good for 24 months since I don’t get Gold til my flights credit in January.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 2:16 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Kacee
Just flew LAX-LHR-FCO on BA departing Friday night (3/22), and the LAX-LHR segment posted Tuesday (3/26), while the LHR-FCO still has not. I seriously don't know of any other carrier that so consistently splits posting of separate segments on the same itinerary. They pretty much always get split, and this has happened across operating carriers - had it consistently happen with flights operated by BA, AY, and SQ. A minor issue I suppose, but it also seems to correspond with posting errors, particularly for the short-hauls.
Well, the flights are on different days, so maybe the Friday flight made the Tuesday posting cutoff, but the Saturday flight did not and will post this Tuesday.
Robert and dayone like this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
Well, the flights are on different days, so maybe the Friday flight made the Tuesday posting cutoff, but the Saturday flight did not and will post this Tuesday.
This is precisely what happened in my case. Flew IAD > LHR on Friday, March 22 which posted to my account on Tuesday, March 26. I flew LHR > FCO on Saturday, March 23 and that segment posted this evening, Tuesday, April 2. For the return, I flew MAD > JFK on Saturday, March 30 which did not post today, so I suspect you are right about a Friday cutoff. I assume I’ll see the flight post by next Tuesday.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 5:30 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Has anyone ever experienced trying to get credit for an airport that's new / not recognized by AS yet? Flew into and out of the new Tulum airport at the end of March on AA, and every segment but the flights involving TQO have posted. When I previously tried searching for AA award space on AS, the Alaska site wouldn't even accept the TQO airport code as a valid entry...

Wondering if this is going to be a major headache to try and get credit for these 2 flights or if an agent will have to manually add them?
Old Apr 6, 2024, 11:19 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I have had 2 BA business class tickets not properly post, even with my AS FF number and status prominently displayed on all BPs. The outbound segments were in early January, and only one posted, the return in February (nothing posted) and then a new outbound in February where again only segment posted. Interestingly, 4 family members were on the same flights with AS FF #s and all of them got proper and prompt crediting to the AS MP accounts. What is going on? I emailed AS the ticket nos and copies of BPs, and still nothing. Is there an escalation path for this? I have never had an airline make so make so many crediting errors as this, not sure if it is BA or AS but at this point I missed the chance to burn the miles under the old AS award charts.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by stephem
I have had 2 BA business class tickets not properly post, even with my AS FF number and status prominently displayed on all BPs. The outbound segments were in early January, and only one posted, the return in February (nothing posted) and then a new outbound in February where again only segment posted. Interestingly, 4 family members were on the same flights with AS FF #s and all of them got proper and prompt crediting to the AS MP accounts. What is going on? I emailed AS the ticket nos and copies of BPs, and still nothing. Is there an escalation path for this? I have never had an airline make so make so many crediting errors as this, not sure if it is BA or AS but at this point I missed the chance to burn the miles under the old AS award charts.
Call. I had an issue with getting ORC posted correctly and the agent handled it in 1 phone call and 1 email. Total of 5 minutes of my time. Also, she noticed my BA legs hadn't credited yet and said if they didn't within 14 days just to reply to the original email and she'd post them herself since she now had my entire itinerary.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 12:21 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by skunker
Call. I had an issue with getting ORC posted correctly and the agent handled it in 1 phone call and 1 email. Total of 5 minutes of my time. Also, she noticed my BA legs hadn't credited yet and said if they didn't within 14 days just to reply to the original email and she'd post them herself since she now had my entire itinerary.
thanks!
Old Apr 6, 2024, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by stephem
thanks!
Just make sure you call the number for "Account" listed on the website, not the reservations line: 1-800-654-5669
Old Apr 7, 2024, 8:51 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, BA Gold, TK Elite
Surprisingly had no issue with SQ J class. Posted properly within 5 days
Old Apr 13, 2024, 4:23 pm

With roundtrip reservation, could one leg's miles get posted before flying the next leg?

I have a Biz class RT booked via AA with few QR segments; all have AA flights number (as QR ones are all codeshared). The outbound and inbound are 8 months apart. I'm hoping i don't need to wait all 8 months before the miles are posted. Any data point here for that? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.