How Long for Partner Miles to Post?

Old Jul 20, 2023, 4:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL Platinum,WN A-list, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Email. I don’t think the website can handle FI or DE tickets (wonder why).
I should have gone to email option instead of waiting for 6 weeks for nothing after submitting that online form.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by oneworld_wanderer
I should have gone to email option instead of waiting for 6 weeks for nothing after submitting that online form.
For what airline? And did you not even get an auto reply with a reference number?
Old Jul 20, 2023, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
I called, the agent only sent me an email for boarding passes.

And the next day an email came back claiming it's another 6-8 weeks wait upon partner verification.

I think they should just go ahead and award EQM manually based on calculation at this point instead of endless wait.
Sounds like they restarted the clock again and that is unfortunate. When I requested missing miles at the beginning of the year, I went on AS's website and went to the section of missing miles on a partner airline.This is the email address I sent AS ([email protected]). I uploaded my DE boarding pass and a receipt from DE. The following day, I received an email from AS stating it would take 6-8 weeks and they assigned me a tracking number. You can forget DE crediting you at this point and it is all on AS now. But yes, AS should cut you a break and manually credit you for the missing miles.

Last edited by minhaoxue; Jul 20, 2023 at 11:19 pm
Old Jul 20, 2023, 11:21 pm

Did you put the request to AS or DE?
Old Jul 21, 2023, 12:12 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL Platinum,WN A-list, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
For what airline? And did you not even get an auto reply with a reference number?
AA 001 ticket with some segments operated on IB.

Submitted multiple request for multiple segments and none of it generate an email with reference number.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
Did you put the request to AS or DE?
AA 001 ticket with some segments operated on IB.
minhaoxue likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
Sounds like they restarted the clock again and that is unfortunate. When I requested missing miles at the beginning of the year, I went on AS's website and went to the section of missing miles on a partner airline.This is the email address I sent AS ([email protected]). I uploaded my DE boarding pass and a receipt from DE. The following day, I received an email from AS stating it would take 6-8 weeks and they assigned me a tracking number. You can forget DE crediting you at this point and it is all on AS now. But yes, AS should cut you a break and manually credit you for the missing miles.
seems so manual credit is proper, agent refused citing it could only be from flight.

I quoted some examples in the past EQM could be award through customer service.

Agent marked 8 weeks from and if still nothing from then will try to resolve manually.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 4:38 pm

Programs: Yes
With regard to this 8 weeks mandatory wait prior to help by AS to assist with partner missing mileage credit which pax are experiencing..

Q: Does anyone see that information present on any of the partner airline pages?

AS Request Missing Credit Page
Originally Posted by Alaska Airlines
Please allow at least 14 days after your airline partner flight before requesting credit.
and then moving into the request form..
Originally Posted by Alaska Airlines
  • Flight is submitted at least 7 days after Alaska flight date (or 14 days after partner flight date).
Note: credit for some airline partner flights may take up to 8 weeks to reflect on your account. See Airline partners page for more info.
and the final page directs the user back to the partner airlines directory page. I have browsed all of the partner airlines, but I cannot see any statements on the partner directory page nor the individual partner pages that indicate any partner is subject to the "up to 8 weeks" policy.

edit:

Chatted with Customer Care, and here’s the SOP:
  • Wait 14 days for the partner mileage to post. If not after 14 days then:
  • File the mileage credit request
    • If an agent states you must wait “up to 8 weeks” before filing the request or to request assistance, then escalate to a lead or HUCA
  • If mileage doesn’t post after 8 weeks from the date the request is submitted, then contact Customer Care and it should be manually posted in a timely manner.

TLDR: AS shouldn’t be requiring a pax to wait 8 weeks prior to processing a partner mileage credit request, and if you encounter this then escalate it.

🤙🏻🥃
Kacee likes this.

Last edited by anteater; Jul 22, 2023 at 12:51 pm
Old Jul 24, 2023, 9:55 am

I’m having a similar issue. I did not input a frequent flyer number at booking for a flight to China, so I had to email Alaska. The email was sent in late May and I have yet to receive my miles.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Extraordinary1
I’m having a similar issue. I did not input a frequent flyer number at booking for a flight to China, so I had to email Alaska. The email was sent in late May and I have yet to receive my miles.
5/31 + 8*7 days = 7/26. So call in two days and ask where your miles are. Have the reference number ready that they emailed you a day or after submitting the request.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 2:31 pm

Eight weeks is completely unacceptable. AAG's IT is in shambles. It seems completely random how legs of a partner trip post.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by Extraordinary1
Out of curiosity, what airline did you fly with ?
Old Jul 25, 2023, 6:39 am
eap

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
I flew two flights on FI (Icelandair) in June, on two different reservations. Both posted roughly two weeks after flying.

This is the first time I've had them credit properly without manual intervention.

Minor progress?
Old Jul 25, 2023, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eap
I flew two flights on FI (Icelandair) in June, on two different reservations. Both posted roughly two weeks after flying.

This is the first time I've had them credit properly without manual intervention.

Minor progress?

Or luck? I am waiting for retro requests for two FI flights in June and one DE flight in July :/
Old Jul 25, 2023, 9:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
My SQ return flights (BKK-SIN, SIN-SFO) on 7/16 posted about five days apart, one on 7/19, one on 7/24. It does seem a bit random, but no complaints as they both posted quickly enough without any need for intervention.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.