How Long for Partner Miles to Post?

Old Jul 3, 2023, 2:38 pm
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
A question regarding delayed posting of DE flights (and pardon me if this has been covered somewhere else before).

I recently flew Condor TATL. The booking/boarding pass had my AS number on it. The miles did not post automatically, so after two weeks I filed a request via email. Still waiting for the credit. The return leg of this ticket will be in mid December and is supposed to push me over the 75k re-qualification threshold. Based on the forum's and my own experience, I do not expect those miles to post automatically before 12/31.
Any idea how to approach this? I have OW flights in early January and Emerald status on file would be appreciated.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by DTS
A question regarding delayed posting of DE flights (and pardon me if this has been covered somewhere else before).

I recently flew Condor TATL. The booking/boarding pass had my AS number on it. The miles did not post automatically, so after two weeks I filed a request via email. Still waiting for the credit. The return leg of this ticket will be in mid December and is supposed to push me over the 75k re-qualification threshold. Based on the forum's and my own experience, I do not expect those miles to post automatically before 12/31.
Any idea how to approach this? I have OW flights in early January and Emerald status on file would be appreciated.
The good news: not every partner flight is delayed or requires manual retro requests. My most recent DE flight a couple of weeks ago posted automatically and correctly a week after the flight. Ill soon find out if thats true for the return.

The bad news: AS can take a while to process retro requests. When the promised time to get an answer is up, CALL. Do not email for an update; that often goes into a black hole or results in some copy/paste reply. If you call, you may get instant gratification.

The really bad news: AS may not give you appropriate elite credit for flights that happen while you wait for them to process the retro request. See this thread from earlier today. And of course you are presumably going to be out of luck as far as other elite status benefits are concerned if your status is depending on a retro request.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 2:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Flew SQ SFO-DPS, departing June 28; flights posted (correctly) July 3.

Asked SQ to add my AS number at check-in at SFO. There was no FFN printed on the boarding passes.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 3:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I flew DE a couple weeks ago YVR-FRA and FRA-SEA, all on one reservation. The FRA-SEA leg posted within a few days, the other one not at all. Now waiting the mandatory 10 weeks (2 weeks to wait for it to post and eight week to wait for them to fix it), before I call in.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 4:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DTS

Based on the forum's and my own experience, I do not expect those miles to post automatically before 12/31.

It has been my experience that the oneworld status of the Elite member at booking has held even if their status isn't maintained before their flight.

James
Old Jul 3, 2023, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by DTS

for my experience to get retroactive credit, it took 7-8 weeks total. I waited 2 weeks before submitting a boarding pass and air receipt. Waited another 6 weeks to follow up by calling and got credit the following day.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 5:57 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
DP, 2 AA flights in O class. 25% EQM posted at the 48 hr mark. But thanks to the 500 min rule I ended up with 1000 EQM, thanks AS!
Old Jul 18, 2023, 5:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL Platinum,WN A-list, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by minhaoxue
for my experience to get retroactive credit, it took 7-8 weeks total. I waited 2 weeks before submitting a boarding pass and air receipt. Waited another 6 weeks to follow up by calling and got credit the following day.
Have you received any confirmation after the 2 weeks mark by submitting?

I waited 7-8 weeks already and submitted miles request after 2 weeks, still nothing.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Smile

Originally Posted by oneworld_wanderer

I waited 7-8 weeks already and submitted miles request after 2 weeks, still nothing.
I would give them a call. When you submitted your docs , did they send you a confirmation email with a case number? When you call, they will have all your correspondence and the AS agent will forward it to their milage desk for manual credit. Like I mentioned, I was credited the following day after I called. They are pretty reasonable, and are friendly toward 100K
Old Jul 18, 2023, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

I have two requests (one for two travelers, one for one) outstanding. I have todo list items scheduled for the day 8 weeks are up to call and ask for an update (which likely results in getting the credit). I have a third request I need to submit (let it run for about six weeks after the flight as a science experiment and it hasnt automatically posted).
Old Jul 19, 2023, 3:00 am

Hi -

This thread had devolved into a Condor rant. One reason why I used mile to pay for a Condor flight.

Any posting issues with QR ?
Old Jul 19, 2023, 8:24 am

Programs: Alaska 75k
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

This thread had devolved into a Condor rant. One reason why I used mile to pay for a Condor flight.

Any posting issues with QR ?
When I flew QR DOH-LAX on a Tuesday in May, the miles were already there when I checked the my account the next morning.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 10:34 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL Platinum,WN A-list, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by minhaoxue
I would give them a call. When you submitted your docs , did they send you a confirmation email with a case number? When you call, they will have all your correspondence and the AS agent will forward it to their milage desk for manual credit. Like I mentioned, I was credited the following day after I called. They are pretty reasonable, and are friendly toward 100K
I called, the agent only sent me an email for boarding passes.

And the next day an email came back claiming it's another 6-8 weeks wait upon partner verification.

I think they should just go ahead and award EQM manually based on calculation at this point instead of endless wait.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I have two requests (one for two travelers, one for one) outstanding. I have todo list items scheduled for the day 8 weeks are up to call and ask for an update (which likely results in getting the credit). I have a third request I need to submit (let it run for about six weeks after the flight as a science experiment and it hasnt automatically posted).
Are you submitting through website or replied with email?
Old Jul 20, 2023, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you submitting through website or replied with email?
Email. I dont think the website can handle FI or DE tickets (wonder why).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.