How Long for Partner Miles to Post?

Old Jul 26, 2023, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
Out of curiosity, what airline did you fly with ?
Japan Airlines
Old Jul 27, 2023, 7:40 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K
Here's a positive data point, which I was not anticipating given this thread!

Flew I-Class on AY metal BUD-HEL-JFK on 7/18. Ticket was purchased through AA but sold as BA flight. AL posted mileage as BA flights on 7/26. Quick and correct!
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 9:05 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UALCASTRO
Here's a positive data point, which I was not anticipating given this thread!

Flew I-Class on AY metal BUD-HEL-JFK on 7/18. Ticket was purchased through AA but sold as BA flight. AL posted mileage as BA flights on 7/26. Quick and correct!
That is my experience as well. All BA marketed flights usually post within a week or so. I love it when AA sells BA codeshares on AY equipment. The additional 100% RDM bonus for business class is a nice bonus as well. Usually, the Inter-EU flights book into full J & accrue 250% EQM & 500% RDM for a 100K.

I was even happier when AA sold me a BA codeshare on their own JFK-LAX flight. Unfortunately, though, it didn't stick on a small schedule timing change; it reverted to the AA Prime.

James
Old Jul 27, 2023, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Flew on AA 10 days ago with my AS FF # attached to the ticket. However, still nothing posted to my AS account. Wholly domestic flight/ticket.

I flew the outbound flight, but no showed on the return flight due to rolling delays (weather issues in the northeast). Caught the train instead in order to make it to another flight with another carrier.

I should still get credit for the outbound flight, right?

Will inquiry with AS at the 2 week mark, but wondering if anyone may have some insights? Thanks!
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
I have been waiting since late April for condor miles to post to Alaska...not holding out much hope at this point, and my boarding pass did have my Alaska miles number in it. Have spoken to Alaska twice, no help. Apparently Alaska IT talks to American, Quantas and Qatar but all others have to be manually inputted. Is there an advantage to Condor to dragging their feet on posting miles?
Old Aug 2, 2023, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Tenniscan
Is there an advantage to Condor to dragging their feet on posting miles?
Sure, they have to buy them from AS.

When did you file your retro request? I am now filing retro requests two weeks after the flight, on the dot. And call eight weeks after that date. Three calls coming up soon, one of them for Condor.
minhaoxue and anteater like this.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 6:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Or luck? I am waiting for retro requests for two FI flights in June and one DE flight in July :/
I flew Icelandair on July 18, 2023, and I think the miles posted to my Alaska account within about four days. It was certainly less than two weeks after the flight as I visited Greenland where I would potentially not have any internet or cellular phone reception, and I recall being glad the miles posted prior to being out of touch.

My return flight was July 31, so just a few days ago, and no sign of the return miles yet, though I wouldn't actually expect them this soon...
Old Aug 2, 2023, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by willoL
I flew Icelandair on July 18, 2023, and I think the miles posted to my Alaska account within about four days. It was certainly less than two weeks after the flight as I visited Greenland where I would potentially not have any internet or cellular phone reception, and I recall being glad the miles posted prior to being out of touch.

My return flight was July 31, so just a few days ago, and no sign of the return miles yet, though I wouldn't actually expect them this soon...
Our outbounds to KEF posted within a week. The return flights (two different FI flights as our group went back to two different airports in the US) did not post at all. Waiting since early June. Hope your experience is better.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
Our outbounds to KEF posted within a week. The return flights (two different FI flights as our group went back to two different airports in the US) did not post at all. Waiting since early June. Hope your experience is better.
My experience was better. (Sorry about your long wait, though; I'm in that same position on some JetBlue miles, but fortunately care less about those.). Sending gratitude to the universe because partner miles may push me up a status tier this year.

Flew 31-July on Icelandair; miles posted to my Alaska account 09-August.
notquiteaff and anteater like this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
AA from yesterday posted by this morning.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
On the subject, I will just add a data point also about AA flights, but basic economy (BE) travel (B fare). Long story short, it took around 3 weeks for the AA BE ticket to credit. It seems the programmed system auto-rejects AA B fares, and requires human intervention.

Have another AA BE ticket coming up. Will see if the same timeline holds, or if the one from three weeks ago is an one-off.

Before anyone asks, no, I am not paying a regular fare for a 40 minute flight. It's 500 min. miles one way or the other, so I am not exactly invested in it.

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Flew on AA 10 days ago with my AS FF # attached to the ticket. However, still nothing posted to my AS account. Wholly domestic flight/ticket.

I flew the outbound flight, but no showed on the return flight due to rolling delays (weather issues in the northeast). Caught the train instead in order to make it to another flight with another carrier.

I should still get credit for the outbound flight, right?

Will inquiry with AS at the 2 week mark, but wondering if anyone may have some insights? Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2023, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Repooc17
On the subject, I will just add a data point also about AA flights, but basic economy (BE) travel (B fare). Long story short, it took around 3 weeks for the AA BE ticket to credit. It seems the programmed system auto-rejects AA B fares, and requires human intervention.
So you had to ask for retro-credit? And it was processed within about a week? For me retro-credit requests actually result in nothing until I call after eight weeks are up. Obviously (fortunately) I have limited data points and can't prove it. But I have three requests outstanding, and one is due for a phone call today.

Before anyone asks, no, I am not paying a regular fare for a 40 minute flight. It's 500 min. miles one way or the other, so I am not exactly invested in it.
Makes sense.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So you had to ask for retro-credit? And it was processed within about a week? For me retro-credit requests actually result in nothing until I call after eight weeks are up. Obviously (fortunately) I have limited data points and can't prove it. But I have three requests outstanding, and one is due for a phone call today.
After not seeing the flight posting in ​​​​​my account activity, I retro claimed on AS website. Went to check a few days later and said fare class not eligible. Emailed AS and got a note back in about a week and told me the flight was posted.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
On recent FRA SFO on DE i checked in on the app then did all my baggage at FRA check in
miles posted in 3 days

seems to be the easiest way
Old Aug 17, 2023, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boycruz
On recent FRA SFO on DE i checked in on the app then did all my baggage at FRA check in
miles posted in 3 days

seems to be the easiest way
That is no guarantee. I did the same. Still waiting (nearly 6 weeks now). I havent really found a pattern for what works and what doesnt.
minhaoxue likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.