Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Long for Partner Miles to Post?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2023, 4:16 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, DL DM, UA Gold, & Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by TEDisgone
This is a new one for me. The BA flight I took from LHR to SEA last week has posted to my account, but the AS flight from SEA to PDX - same ticket - hasn't posted!
I’m dealing with a similar situation for a flight on May 28th — the BA flight from SEA-LHR posted on the “normal” timeline, but the BOI-SEA flight has not. I submitted a missing miles request last night, hopefully it’ll be an easy post once my e-mail gets to the top of the queue. I wonder if it’s safe to assume the same thing will happen on my flight home in a few weeks.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 8:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by mthoodfan
I’m dealing with a similar situation for a flight on May 28th — the BA flight from SEA-LHR posted on the “normal” timeline, but the BOI-SEA flight has not. I submitted a missing miles request last night, hopefully it’ll be an easy post once my e-mail gets to the top of the queue. I wonder if it’s safe to assume the same thing will happen on my flight home in a few weeks.
The wording of the email I received from Mileage Plan after I submitted the claim (almost 4 weeks ago now) was "We will be forwarding the flight information to the partner airline for confirmation." Clearly just a cut and paste response. It's so bizarre!
Old Jun 19, 2023, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
What’s people’s experience with FI (Icelandair) postings? Recently flew a round trip. The outbound posted about six or seven days after the flight, the return is still MIA (11 days).
Well, our flights haven’t posted and it’s > 14 days, so I submitted a retro-request. Weird that three out of four flights on the tickets would post. Even weirder is that the same happened to a travel companion who returned from Iceland on the same day, but on a different FI flight. I am holding off filing a retro claim for their missing FI flight, as a science experience to see if it will eventually post.

(also, said travel companion didn’t keep a copy of the digital FI boarding pass… I do have a copy of the AS BP for the flight they connected to. Anyone know if AS will insist on the FI boarding pass for the missing flight credit?)
Old Jun 19, 2023, 12:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
AS segments not posting on BA Tickets...

Originally Posted by mthoodfan
Originally Posted by TEDisgone
The wording of the email I received from Mileage Plan after I submitted the claim (almost 4 weeks ago now) was "We will be forwarding the flight information to the partner airline for confirmation." Clearly just a cut and paste response. It's so bizarre!
Check out my post #37 and isaacchambers replies #40 and 42. I finally got my mileage on the two AS segments, took nearly 3 months and two calls to Customer Care. AS posted my miles after no response from BA. Keep persisting.
I disagree with isaacchambers as to buying the AS tickets separately. Would have cost more, and risked the connections on an emergency trip. But it would have been better if BA had played nice by issuing the miles. Obviously there's a glitch between the BA and AS systems on code share flights.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 5:30 am

does anyone have suggestions on how to solve this problem?
i flew SQ business class (D) which qualifies for 200% earned miles and 100% elite qualifying miles under AS Mileage Plan

1. had the SQ KF number on boarding pass before flying -> no miles credited
2. submitted request for missing mileage to AS 8 weeks ago -> still no miles credited

what is the barrier preventing AS from crediting miles properly? this is a straightforward request, and i keep getting canned answers of AS waiting for SQ to respond on the validitiy of flown ticket
Old Jun 23, 2023, 8:44 am

Programs: 75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gnomey
does anyone have suggestions on how to solve this problem?
i flew SQ business class (D) which qualifies for 200% earned miles and 100% elite qualifying miles under AS Mileage Plan

2. submitted request for missing mileage to AS 8 weeks ago -> still no miles credited

what is the barrier preventing AS from crediting miles properly? this is a straightforward request, and i keep getting canned answers of AS waiting for SQ to respond on the validitiy of flown ticket
I'm assuming this is a paid J fare, did the flight miles post to your SQ account? If you had your SQ FF # on the ticket that's most likely why.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 10:11 am

Flew two segments within the last week — American marketed, Qatar operated. Both flights posted to my Alaska MP account within 1-2 days after flight completion.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by HangryDad
I'm assuming this is a paid J fare, did the flight miles post to your SQ account? If you had your SQ FF # on the ticket that's most likely why.
yes. paid business.

boarding pass has AS FF#.

no miles have been posted to SQ KF nor AS MP so far.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 11:41 am

Programs: 75K, HH Diamond
yes. paid business.

When did you fly? Can take multiple weeks to post, depending on the carrier.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by HangryDad
When did you fly? Can take multiple weeks to post, depending on the carrier.
flight was about 10 weeks ago
Old Jun 23, 2023, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
yes. paid business.

your OP said

bit confusing … I was wondering why you expected AS miles with a SQ number on the BP.

Did you trying calling AS MileagePlan? In my experience, once a certain period of time of “requesting confirmation from partners” has passed, that is the best way to get them to post the miles.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
your OP said

bit confusing … I was wondering why you expected AS miles with a SQ number on the BP.

Did you trying calling AS MileagePlan? In my experience, once a certain period of time of “requesting confirmation from partners” has passed, that is the best way to get them to post the miles.
duh, sorry, typo. i was typing OP half asleep

the only FF# on the boarding pass is AS MP.
phone call immediately solves the problem thank you!
notquiteaff likes this.

Last edited by gnomey; Jun 23, 2023 at 4:34 pm
Old Jul 1, 2023, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Took 14 weeks to receive miles for C Class tickets on El Al - including 3 email exchanges with [email protected] , and one to Wayne Newton Senior Vice President, Airport Operations and Customer Service - [email protected] - issue was (mostly) resolved the day after sending the latter email. Coincidence?
Old Jul 3, 2023, 11:23 am

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Two AA flights in V class (75% EQM) posted within 4 days (possibly sooner, but I didn't check until about the 4 day mark). Glad to see it was fast with no shenanigans on EQMs.
My return later this week is only going to be 25% EQM though - ouch.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ssk244
Two AA flights in V class (75% EQM) posted within 4 days (possibly sooner, but I didn't check until about the 4 day mark). Glad to see it was fast with no shenanigans on EQMs.
My return later this week is only going to be 25% EQM though - ouch.
AA usually posts the next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.