Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
AS permits a SDC on any non-Saver fare. There need not be inventory in the original fare bucked booked on the new flight. A seat only needs to be available to confirm the change so it is up to last available seat regardless of what fare class that seat is booking into.

After the change, your new flight will show as booked into Y. However, Y is just a placeholder and earnings on the flight will be based on the underlying fare class of the original ticket. In your case N. The new flight in Y will not earn the 50% Class of Service bonus.

James
thanks James!

So assuming there are still J seats to upgrade. Would I then transfer into the waitlist as an MVP-G on a Y fare (above basically all other MVP-G’s and MVP’s)? Or would I transfer in as the MVP-G on an N Fare (Only being ahead of some Golds and all MVPs)?
Old Sep 26, 2022, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Bballfan28
thanks James!

So assuming there are still J seats to upgrade. Would I then transfer into the waitlist as an MVP-G on a Y fare (above basically all other MVP-G’s and MVP’s)? Or would I transfer in as the MVP-G on an N Fare (Only being ahead of some Golds and all MVPs)?
You would be slotted into the waitlist on the new flight based on your originally purchased fare basis. After Elite Tier, upgrades are by fare class, Million Miler Status and then time on the waitlist. A SDC re-stamps your time on the waitlist to the same time the SDC processes you change so you would be after all N Million Milers Golds, and N fare Golds who were already on the waitlist but still ahead ahead of any Golds on lower fare classes including awards and all MVPs.

James
Old Sep 27, 2022, 12:07 am

Thanks! Do awards book into T fare class?
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Bballfan28
Thanks! Do awards book into T fare class?
Saver Main awards book into T class. Dynamically priced Main awards book into the same fare classes as the underlying revenue classes. As each bucket fills, the next bucket will be at at a higher redemption. I have an outstanding flight on an award that booked into S class.

The key here, though, is that revenue tickets will always be upgraded before award tickets within each Tier.

Refundable Main cabin awards (moot as any award can be canceled without a fee now) book into Y class and are eligible for immediate upgrade with U availability at time of booking. Without U space you are immediately placed on the waitlist at the next position and can clear if U opens prior to the 120 hour window. Once that window opens, the 100Ks and 75Ks will move to the waitlist and displace you downwards. At T-72 the Golds follow suit.

Otherwise, at T-72, Golds will join the waitlist below the 100Ks & 75Ks, revenue passengers first then award passengers.

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Sep 27, 2022 at 1:05 am
Old Sep 27, 2022, 10:54 am

Thanks! I didn’t know awards were upgraded after revenue.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 11:07 pm

I'm 251 miles from the next MVP level, but it doesn't look like I'll be flying again on Alaska (or partners) before the end of the year. Any ideas on how I get earn those last miles?
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by c3l3x
I'm 251 miles from the next MVP level, but it doesn't look like I'll be flying again on Alaska (or partners) before the end of the year. Any ideas on how I get earn those last miles?
fly again.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by samosa
fly again.
Ahh, why didn't I think of that?
samosa likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 12:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
To be fair, it’s literally the only way
samosa and anteater like this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
sorry was not trying to be snarky. It is the only way.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: Marriott, Starwood, American, United, Amtrak, Enterprise
Hello - does anyone have experience crediting Royal Air Maroc flights to Alaska Airlines? I'm having some issues with a flight I took over two months ago.

More specifically, I'm trying to input the ETKT number from my RAM boarding pass into Alaska's 'retro credit' form (https://www.alaskaair.com/MileagePlan/retrocredit/v1/), however, Alaska's site keeps telling me that my RAM ticket # is 'Not an Alaska or partner number.' Specifically, the first 3 digits of the ETKT # (014 or 147, depending on the ticket) both return that same error on Alaska's site.

I attached my Alaska loyalty account number to the ticket before I flew using the RAM website, but unfortunately it's been over 8 weeks and it didn't automatically credit. I've been on hold with Alaska's customer service team for ages and no resolution yet, so hoping the great minds here can help! Thank you!
Old Oct 1, 2022, 5:15 pm

Programs: Marriott, Starwood, American, United, Amtrak, Enterprise
Sorry - finally got through. There is a separate email request form one has to use for partner flights that isn't available publicly. Here's hoping that works!
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:04 pm

Programs: AS, HHonors
I’m interested in changing to an earlier flight for travel tomorrow. All earlier flights only have the option to “waitlist for standby”.

If I choose to waitlist, am I still guaranteed my confirmed seats on the later flight I paid for? Or do I lose my confirmed seats by choosing to waitlist for an earlier flight? I don’t want to risk not getting home tomorrow
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:50 pm

I have an Amex offer for Alaska but probably won't be booking my Alaska flight until after it expires.

Can I book a flight, cancel it, and have that amount deposited into my wallet for later? Any specific fare types etc I have to buy to do this?
Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:49 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan - MVP Gold
Originally Posted by nall
I have an Amex offer for Alaska but probably won't be booking my Alaska flight until after it expires.

Can I book a flight, cancel it, and have that amount deposited into my wallet for later? Any specific fare types etc I have to buy to do this?
To do this, do not book a Saver (X) fare as those cannot be cancelled. Do not book a refundable fare as cancelling that would go back to your original form of payment. And wait 24 hours to cancel, as within 24 hours they are required by law to refund to your original form of payment (even for saver fares) but after that you can cancel a nonrefundable (non-Saver) fare and it'll go into your wallet as credit.
kalderlake likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.