Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

75K/100K AA (SWU-Like) International Upgrades on a Very Limited Number of AA Routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

75K/100K AA (SWU-Like) International Upgrades on a Very Limited Number of AA Routes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2021, 5:34 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Anyone have additional thoughts on SEA-BLR for December? With SEA-PVG being cancelled and India travel restrictions, seems like this might get the axe until next year. Wasn’t this route originally supposed to start in 2020? In the UA forum, seems their SFO-BLR was cancelled through June/July, but Dec is still pretty far away. That being said, booking still says “subject to gov approval” on aa.com. Anyone with experience with new routes on AA know how close to route starts that message disappears? I’d love to take advantage of the $651 RT in J, but not at the expense of a likely cancelled route when I could use it on SEA/LAX-LHR in Sep or Dec.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 6:04 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
Hi there! I would appreciate help. I am trying to see if I can find C space for LAX to LHR on AA134 to use those upgrade certificates. When I look into expert flyer space availability, it shows C0 on direct flight. But if I search on PDX to LAX to LHR on AA metal it shows C space on both flights.
Would these certificates work if I buy ticket PDX-LAX-LHR as I live in Oregon anyways?
Thank you for any input
Old Jul 6, 2021, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by felicidad76
Would these certificates work if I buy ticket PDX-LAX-LHR as I live in Oregon anyways?
They’ll work on the routes listed in the email. Other segments on the same itinerary don’t matter.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 6:31 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
Originally Posted by imaflyertalkuserwow
They’ll work on the routes listed in the email. Other segments on the same itinerary don’t matter.
I know, but is the space actually available for an upgrade as it is only showing it when you search connecting flights?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 7:50 pm

I know
You asked two questions. I answered one of them and your response is, “I know”? Alrighty then.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:19 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Hi there! I would appreciate help. I am trying to see if I can find C space for LAX to LHR on AA134 to use those upgrade certificates. When I look into expert flyer space availability, it shows C0 on direct flight. But if I search on PDX to LAX to LHR on AA metal it shows C space on both flights.
Thank you for any input
They won't, because it has to be ticketed in Y class, then the cert applied, which the AA agent does by segment. Married inventory (which is how you see it w/PDX) is irrelevant in this case.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 1:32 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k
Try it

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
They won't, because it has to be ticketed in Y class, then the cert applied, which the AA agent does by segment. Married inventory (which is how you see it w/PDX) is irrelevant in this case.
Felicidad76, NoLaGent is doubtless correct - but I would still try if I were you. Put the ticket on hold and call in. I was able to change my return from FRA-LHR-SEA-SFO to FRA-DFW-SFO when BA canceled my first leg, which is not within the rules of the instrument of course. AA even applied it through to SFO.

You can't win if you don't play 😁
Old Jul 7, 2021, 7:24 pm

Has anyone received the AA upgrade code recently? Reached 75k in late June and hasn't received it yet.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by nealaws
Has anyone received the AA upgrade code recently? Reached 75k in late June and hasn't received it yet.
There won't be another. This was one time only.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 7:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by nealaws
Unless there's a new offer that hasn't been publicized, the original terms and conditions in the e-mail would seem to preclude you:

This limited time opportunity is valid only for Alaska Airlines MVP® Gold 75K members who qualified in 2019 or 2020 for status in 2021.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 7:50 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
There won't be another. This was one time only.
It's rumored that there will be another grant for 2022.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 8:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by dayone
Which is an empty gesture if AA sets availability to C0 for the valid flights.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Sure. Just like the rumor that alcohol will be pre-poured and mask wearing will be optional starting in July or August. Wouldnt get my hopes up if it's the same source you have as last time.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 9:38 pm

Programs: Yes
Sure. Just like the rumor that alcohol will be pre-poured and mask wearing will be optional starting in July or August. Wouldnt get my hopes up if it's the same source you have as last time.
Are your alcoholic drinks on AS not prepoured recently? I’ve only been ordering beer and bourbon but 4/5 times it comes prepoured.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 11:06 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

What you cite was clearly labeled as a rumor. My source on the codes is reliable, but believe what you wish.

The initial grant of codes was a one-time batch process on both the AA and AS sides. It initially was thought that the IT required to build a dynamic process could be completed to add code issuance later in the year. Like many IT projects, the schedule slipped, so the current plan is to add this benefit for 2022.
jona970318 and anteater like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.