Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS' Membership in the oneworld Alliance - Benefits, Policies and Problems

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS' Membership in the oneworld Alliance - Benefits, Policies and Problems

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2021, 8:15 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Looking to book a trip using points from Seattle with a connection in ORD on AA. Any way for me to be able to select a seat on the AA connection flight I’m advance???
Old Apr 24, 2021, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Xrayman
Looking to book a trip using points from Seattle with a connection in ORD on AA. Any way for me to be able to select a seat on the AA connection flight I’m advance???
Yes you can. Call AS and get your record locator number on AA. Then go to aa.com , click on "manage trips/check-in" and enter your information. You will then be able to select seats.
Xrayman likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 9:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Yes you can. Call AS and get your record locator number on AA. Then go to aa.com , click on "manage trips/check-in" and enter your information. You will then be able to select seats.
No need to call AS, the AA record locator is displayed in the itinerary details online or in the APP.

James
Klrduks and RAD_PDX like this.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
An AA confirmation number was provided in the immediate AS confirmation response after confirmed.

Used the AA confirmation code and my name directly on the AA app and directed to the AA website right on my phone and selected immediately a premium seat.

very very easy.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 9:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Ran into an issue today selecting seats on an itinerary with four different BA flights in January. My AS membership number was correctly entered and retained, but for some reason was not recognized on the seat selection page. I was offered seats as low as $47 one way on a flight from SFO to LHR, and $20 on a connecting flight within Europe. Would have added up to a minimum $134 total on all segments, and not the very best Y seats at that price (those cost more).

I went ahead and bypassed seat selection and ticketed anyway, figuring I could call in for seats, but didn't need to do that. Once I was ticketed, used the "manage booking" feature on the BA site and went back to the seat selection page. The entire economy cabin opened up to me and I was able to select seats without a problem. Hope this comes in useful for anyone else with BA seating issues and Alaska elite status.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by tom911
I went ahead and bypassed seat selection and ticketed anyway, figuring I could call in for seats, but didn't need to do that. Once I was ticketed, used the "manage booking" feature on the BA site and went back to the seat selection page. The entire economy cabin opened up to me and I was able to select seats without a problem. Hope this comes in useful for anyone else with BA seating issues and Alaska elite status.
Similar experience for me. I put my AA itinerary on hold & called to apply the "SWUs" and some Trip Credits. It was never ticketed, remained "on request." Three days later I called again and went through the entire process again. It still didn't ticket and remained "on request." Today, I chatted through the APP and it is finally ticketed, but still waiting for an email confirmation. The joys of AA! I will give them credit though for now showing record locators for partner/alliance flights.

Outbound SFO-SEA(AS)-LHR(AA)-LIS(BA)
Inbound LIS-LHR(BA)-LAX(AA)-SFO(AA)

Before ticketing, I was able to choose seats on AA including MCE on LAX-SFO. I was also able to choose Premium on AS (AA codeshare) SFO-SEA. I wasn't able to choose seats on BA in either diection until it was ticketed.

James
Old Apr 27, 2021, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
As an AA Exec Plat, I can select MCE seats for all my party on the same iten. Is this the case booking via AS as well (if so, what is the procedure)? Looking at a mixed AS/AA journey and would love to be able to get MCE for my family.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by sam_goh
As an AA Exec Plat, I can select MCE seats for all my party on the same iten. Is this the case booking via AS as well (if so, what is the procedure)? Looking at a mixed AS/AA journey and would love to be able to get MCE for my family.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...a-airlines.jsp

Initially this benefit only applies to the elite status member. Later, Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members will be able to extend this benefit to 1 companion traveling on the same flight and in the same reservation.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 5:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Thanks - I looked at that link for more info and clarification. Is that the same for AA flights on an AS booked ticket? For the flight I'm looking at, it's AS for the first leg and AA for the 2nd and 3rd legs. Doesn't show on AA otherwise :/
Old Apr 27, 2021, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Thanks - I looked at that link for more info and clarification. Is that the same for AA flights on an AS booked ticket? For the flight I'm looking at, it's AS for the first leg and AA for the 2nd and 3rd legs. Doesn't show on AA otherwise :/
I don't know. Properly this is a question for the AA forum since AA benefits on AA flights for an AA elite are 100% up to AA. I don't see why AS upgrade policies would have anything to do with what happens to you on an AA flight.
ACBLtd likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 12:13 pm

Decided to change plans for this week. Originally used miles to set up a flight that required a connection on AA in ORD. When booked the taxes and charges totaled 19 and some change. Cancelled today and got miles back innAS account and 5.60 into wallet/ or original payment form.

Apparently we can cancel and get miles and AS fees back but not get taxes and fees for AA segment as 75K?
Old Apr 30, 2021, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Xrayman
Decided to change plans for this week. Originally used miles to set up a flight that required a connection on AA in ORD. When booked the taxes and charges totaled 19 and some change. Cancelled today and got miles back innAS account and 5.60 into wallet/ or original payment form.

Apparently we can cancel and get miles and AS fees back but not get taxes and fees for AA segment as 75K?
The $12.50 ($25 return) Partner booking fee, by policy, is non-refundable. If you contact AS they may refund the fee under the Peace of Mind commitment.

James
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Now that AS is officially part of OW, I wonder if and when we will be able to book Premium Economy awards on AA using AS miles. Seems odd that we can't when BA, QF, and CX offer Premium Economy awards.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Now that AS is officially part of OW, I wonder if and when we will be able to book Premium Economy awards on AA using AS miles. Seems odd that we can't when BA, QF, and CX offer Premium Economy awards.
No guarantee AS will offer PE awards
The other thread---> Alaska Joined oneworld (3/31/2021)
From the wiki "
Note: you cannot make award bookings on OW partners that were not already partners before 3/31 (so can't book QR, UL, S7, MH, RJ, IB, AT). ETA is "later in 2021" (as of April 2021).
Old May 3, 2021, 2:23 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
My +1 appreciated availability of upgraded seats on AA with her MVPG.
ACBLtd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.