Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS' Membership in the oneworld Alliance - Benefits, Policies and Problems

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS' Membership in the oneworld Alliance - Benefits, Policies and Problems

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2024, 5:29 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
I know I have seen the answer somewhere but just spent 30 minutes on FT & searching got me nowhere.

I am booked LAX-LHR-NCE & return in late September on the AA website in paid I. My AS FF # is attached to the res.I was able to pick my seat on AA. On the BA website they are asking for $$$ for seats. How do I get BA to recognize my OW Emerald status to pick my seats?
Old Jan 29, 2024, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by BOB W
I know I have seen the answer somewhere but just spent 30 minutes on FT & searching got me nowhere.

I am booked LAX-LHR-NCE & return in late September on the AA website in paid I. My AS FF # is attached to the res.I was able to pick my seat on AA. On the BA website they are asking for $$$ for seats. How do I get BA to recognize my OW Emerald status to pick my seats?
Mrs. Fredd has had success by logging out and then logging back in the next day, sometimes within a few hours on the same day. We've coincidentally experienced a lot of annoyance today trying to deal with BA online and over the phone, so I hope this helps you, Bob!
Old Jan 29, 2024, 5:40 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal

Did you include your AA number during the booking process? On the BA website what FFN does it show?
An easy fix is usually to use the BA PNR on finnair.com, remove any associated FFN, and then add it back. I have not had problems with BA recognizing my status with AS, but I have with others like AY.
If that does not work, try rj.com, use the BA PNR, and try to select seats there.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
Did you include your AA number during the booking process? On the BA website what FFN does it show?
An easy fix is usually to use the BA PNR on finnair.com, remove any associated FFN, and then add it back. I have not had problems with BA recognizing my status with AS, but I have with others like AY.
If that does not work, try rj.com, use the BA PNR, and try to select seats there.
I used my AS FF number and that is what shows on the res at AA and BA. finnair.com will not allow me to change or delete my ff #. I do not see anywhere on the RJ site to request seats. I will try again tomorrow.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:06 pm

Programs: A few...

I would call BA directly in this case. Was in the same situation where I had a BA flight booked via AA with my AS number associated in the past and no steps I took online resolved the issue but the BA agent very quickly resolved the situation.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm now having this issue on an MH ticket. None of the fixes work.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm now having this issue on an MH ticket. None of the fixes work.
I called BA and the agent said my FF # was not on the reservation. On AA, BA, RJ and Finnair it showed my FF #. She deleted my number added it back in. Still no go. I waited an hour or so and checked MS Edge. Still nothing. Using Chrome I was able to select seats.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 6:23 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
I called BA and the agent said my FF # was not on the reservation. On AA, BA, RJ and Finnair it showed my FF #. She deleted my number added it back in. Still no go. I waited an hour or so and checked MS Edge. Still nothing. Using Chrome I was able to select seats.
Yesterday and the day before seemed especially problematic with the BA website. We bought cash tickets upgraded with Avios for friends, and subsequently wanted to cancel the purchase within the 24-hour timeframe, having decided to buy the flights with AS miles through the AS website instead. When we bought the tickets, the price on the phone was higher than the website, and the agent simply said that the website wasn't working properly.

We had to spend significant time on the phone with BA agents twice yesterday to get our refund. One of them confirmed they were having problems with the website, and told us to call back 20 minutes later. Changing browsers had helped a little the previous day, but we still had to make phone contact to buy them and then to get them refunded.

Glad you finally got your seats!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.