Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

[Speculation] Discussion the New MVP Gold 100K Tier (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Speculation] Discussion the New MVP Gold 100K Tier (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2021, 3:29 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Guate87
So, does your supposed "bridge" have a date when this will be officially announced? Or will this continue in the same vein as other "insider " wishful thinking?

And please list one or more of the supposed new benefits we 100K elites will receive...🦗🦗🦗
There is an answer to that question, but I’m not inclined to provide it given the incredulous atmosphere of your comments.

Mahalo 🍹
Old Sep 10, 2021, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA1K, AS Gold 75K, HH Diamond, MR Titanium LT Gold, IHG Platinum, HZ PC, CLEAR
Originally Posted by anteater
I’m not inclined to provide it given the incredulous atmosphere of your comments.
I am more of a "Show me" type, not a wide-eyed believer in everything written on the Internet, so, I called AS and...

Gold 75K Mileageplan and Reservations supervisors just told me any possible plan in development to create a new tier would require OW and partner vetting, especially AA. This takes time.
Even after AS chose to join OW, it took months for OW to officially acknowledge Emerald status for Gold 75K, then more months for us to receive complimentary upgrades to F on AA without having to beg a GA.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 5:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I am more of a "Show me" type, not a wide-eyed believer in everything written on the Internet, so, I called AS and...

Gold 75K Mileageplan and Reservations supervisors just told me any possible plan in development to create a new tier would require OW and partner vetting, especially AA. This takes time.
Even after AS chose to join OW, it took months for OW to officially acknowledge Emerald status for Gold 75K, then more months for us to receive complimentary upgrades to F on AA without having to beg a GA.
I have this strange feeling that anteater and their AS contact might know more about the timing and details of the 100K tier than the friendly person in (Seattle/Boise/Phoenix...) that you reached on the phone.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA1K, AS Gold 75K, HH Diamond, MR Titanium LT Gold, IHG Platinum, HZ PC, CLEAR
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I have this strange feeling that anteater and their AS contact might know more about the timing and details of the 100K tier than the friendly person in (Seattle/Boise/Phoenix...) that you reached on the phone.
Is this a thread to post verifiable facts, like status qualification, or should we all post unverifiable "insider" information here?

What are the consequences to @anteater if there is no new 100K status during the rest of 2021 and all of 2022? Does@anteater get blocked? That would be my vote.

I can provide verification of my AS status, EQM flown, etc.

Maybe @anteater can post unverifiable speculations on another thread?
Old Sep 10, 2021, 5:18 pm

Is this a thread to post verifiable facts, like status qualification, or should we all post unverifiable "insider" information here?

What are the consequences to @anteater if there is no new 100K status during the rest of 2021 and all of 2022? Does@anteater get blocked? That would be my vote.

Technically, your original post and the subsequent posts about 100K should have been posted in the MVP 100K thread.

I will ping an admin to move them.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 5:20 pm

Programs: AS 100K
@anteater
And your official source is...?

I have asked several AS agents with the Gold 75K reservations and Mileageplan desks and they say a 100K tier is just an old, recurring rumor.

If we are truly adding benefits, I hope there is a 250K tier so I can get even more benefits than those of you who fly very little (under 250K annually).😁
I guess in the midst of all your flying you forgot to check your email. AS sent one in Jan 2021 that announced a 100K tier starting in 2022. Beyond that, everything is unofficial.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 5:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K

Oh goodness. I have a feeling you are unaware of all of the credible information and direct help that anteater has provided to countless members of this forum. I suppose it isn't fair to assume that everyone would know that though. For those that don't, here is some light reading to get you started: Change to Fare Classes and Class of Service Bonuses (3/31/21)
Old Sep 10, 2021, 5:57 pm

Oh goodness. I have a feeling you are unaware of all of the credible information and direct help that anteater has provided to countless members of this forum.
Now that you mention it, I do remember @anteater's supposed definitive insider information regarding the SFO lounge opening.

I said it would open in August, in agreement with what AS had publicly posted.

Here are @anteater's insider assertions:

"As for the SFO lounge opening by 9/6, it's possible but a good 2+ weeks earlier than the end of announced time period, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯."

"
I believe the summer season ends 9/22 for SF (northern hemisphere), so I wouldn’t count on your plan. 🙌🏻"

As we now know, SFO opened August 31. I was last there on September 5.

You can find the above posts on https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...021-later.html
Old Sep 10, 2021, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by imaflyertalkuserwow
I guess in the midst of all your flying you forgot to check your email. AS sent one in Jan 2021 that announced a 100K tier starting in 2022. Beyond that, everything is unofficial.
Yes, but...AS joining OW changed everything. AS can no longer make unilateral, quick decisions that affect other OW partners and the OW program itself.

I hope @anteater is right. I would love to be 100K.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 6:03 pm

Now that you mention it, I do remember @anteater's supposed definitive insider information regarding the SFO lounge opening.

I said it would open in August, in agreement with what AS had publicly posted.

Here are @anteater's insider assertions:

"As for the SFO lounge opening by 9/6, it's possible but a good 2+ weeks earlier than the end of announced time period, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯."

"
I believe the summer season ends 9/22 for SF (northern hemisphere), so I wouldn’t count on your plan. 🙌🏻"

As we now know, SFO opened August 31. I was last there on September 5.

You can find the above posts on https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...021-later.html
And you'll notice the SFO lounge opened without a lot of things.. such as beer on tap working, the center fireplace fixture, the final furniture arrangement (some of what is there now is temporary). I don't go posting every bread crumb I collect.

What do I know though.. ✌🏻
Old Sep 10, 2021, 6:16 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note

Some of the latest (and moved) posts are bumping up against personal attacks and discussion of moderator actions. They'll stay but any future such posts will be deleted. Challenge the post, not the poster.

dayone, AS Moderator
rdlmitedu, pcoll, anteater and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 6:26 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I can't comment on anteater's alleged insider contact(s). I have occasional contact with an AS senior manager "in the know." My discussions with that person support almost all of what anteater has shared. I expect that the 100K program will be announced sooner rather later.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by anteater
And you'll notice the SFO lounge opened without a lot of things.. such as beer on tap working, the center fireplace fixture, the final furniture arrangement (some of what is there now is temporary). I don't go posting every bread crumb I collect.

What do I know though.. ✌🏻
Given the obvious insider contacts the anteater has and the fact the info has always been on point in the past, pretty inclined to believe. On the other hand you come across very much as the DYKWIA type that likes to brag a lot. Seriously just chill.

Last edited by rune87; Sep 11, 2021 at 11:36 pm
Old Sep 11, 2021, 8:27 am

Title of this thread is speculation. You can always wait for the official announcement if you're a show me type of person. Peace out.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 10:13 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Oh goodness. I have a feeling you are unaware of all of the credible information and direct help that anteater has provided to countless members of this forum. I suppose it isn't fair to assume that everyone would know that though. For those that don't, here is some light reading to get you started: Change to Fare Classes and Class of Service Bonuses (3/31/21)
The recent posts in this thread have provided me with hearty chuckles as I sip my coffee, but as one of those countless members that has been on the receiving end of his assistance, I am very appreciative of his help and contributions to this forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.