Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

[Speculation] Discussion the New MVP Gold 100K Tier (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Speculation] Discussion the New MVP Gold 100K Tier (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anteater
AS has no 3MM pax as of yet so they haven’t had to think about it. 😙
That's only 3000 round trips between SEA and PDX. You'd think half of the PDX and SEA based FTers would have done it already
be_rettSEA, anteater and Repooc17 like this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I had thought about gunning for 100K, but given the (still) handicapped schedule from the east coast, I am ok leaving it at 75K. It might be the only year (through next year) as 75K unless transcon schedules (mainly to SFO and LAX) improve.

I made it to 75K only because I had 35K of rollover. I flew six (6) paid flights total all year on AS, and the rest on AA.
anteater likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 4:11 pm

Just booked flights to make it 101K EQM. I hope they announce a 100K level or that's a lot of flying on an AAirline that's "Going for Great".
Old Aug 19, 2021, 5:24 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
Just booked flights to make it 101K EQM. I hope they announce a 100K level or that's a lot of flying on an AAirline that's "Going for Great".
I just did the same with the 30% off sale and will land on 101,225 with no EQM bonus extension. But, I'm thinking there will be an extension so I'll probably be over by more. So, what's next? Can we start lobbying for a 125K tier to include limo service to/from home from the airport?
ual744777sta likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by mtofell
I just did the same with the 30% off sale and will land on 101,225 with no EQM bonus extension. But, I'm thinking there will be an extension so I'll probably be over by more. So, what's next? Can we start lobbying for a 125K tier to include limo service to/from home from the airport?
How about a chauffeured Subaru transfer from SEA N-gates to D?
Old Aug 19, 2021, 10:05 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by pmblinn
Or complimentary champagne or top shelf alcohol in the AS Lounges!

AMEX does something similar for Centurion card holders, but that’s a different financial ballpark.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 10:19 pm

Programs: AS 75K
chauffeured Subaru
LOL.... Sooooo Pacific NW.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 6:55 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by MaximusDamon
... qualified for MVP Gold 75K after only having 79K in YTD Alaska/partner qualifying miles, the lady said something along the lines of "I don't know why they haven't updated that app. ...
The app now shows "MVP Gold 75K at 75,000 mi." for YTD Alaska/partner qualifying miles. That's just some text though; there's no direct indication of how many miles yet to go from where you are, unlike on the web where it still adds up to 90K.
be_rettSEA and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 11:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
I’d love if 100k elites could nominate someone as an MVPG or nominate a second person as an MVP. Free monthly WiFi subscription and the ability to cancel a saver fare with a full refund would also be useful sometimes.

Maybe two chocolates per flight too?
jona970318, ItsAnAdam and mtofell like this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 6:31 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
I 'second' the free wifi, and request the Safety Dance on boarding
hyedmd likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 8:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by MaximusDamon

Alaska does have minimum requirements for flying on AS metal at each level. They're listed as:
MVP - 2
MVP Gold - 4
MVP Gold 75 - 6
MVP 100K? - 24 (this is what I was told...which is a big jump from the required 6 for 75K - this is surely done to keep top elites on AS metal as much as possible)
Stated slightly differently, I think it is intended to keep people with no intention of flying AS out of the elite ranks. And I'm OK with that.
Sorry to burst your AS centric exclusionary bubble

"Alaska/partner" segments.

My multitude of QR flight segments credited to my MileagePlan number accrued to AK MP segment requirements and have qualified me for Gold 75k status (and 50k miles bonus) some months ago.

"Partner"
Old Sep 3, 2021, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Sorry to burst your AS centric exclusionary bubble

"Alaska/partner" segments.

My multitude of QR flight segments credited to my MileagePlan number accrued to AK MP segment requirements and have qualified me for Gold 75k status (and 50k miles bonus) some months ago.

"Partner"
The new segment qualification is for AS flights only, per the AS website: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rship-benefits

Qualification via eligible miles or segments must include a minimum number of flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines*

This is not the same as earning status via EQM or flight segments. You must also have a minimum number of segments on AS metal.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 9:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
And I am telling you I just earned Gold and then 75k flying QR. Believe whatever you want.

Last edited by LoungeLizardHugo; Sep 11, 2021 at 1:07 am
Old Sep 3, 2021, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
And I am telling you I just earned Gold and then 75k flying QR. Believe whatever you want.
You must have 6 segments on AS metal already then. Beginning in 2021, AS instituted a minimum AS metal qualification to elite status earning. The link my previous post details it.

If AS IT made a mistake and you were assigned 75K status with zero AS metal segments, I wouldn’t expect it to remain on your account.

🤙🏻🥃
RAD_PDX and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 10:17 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Considering the current average speed of Subaru's on Alaska highways, you had better have a VERY, VERY long layover to make that journey. I was very glad when the average speed went up to 2 MPH in 2019, but then realized there was a wind storm pushing that particular vehicle. Will they ever put a motor in one of those things with anything resembling actual acceleration?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.