Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

[Speculation] Discussion the New MVP Gold 100K Tier (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Speculation] Discussion the New MVP Gold 100K Tier (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2021, 11:07 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by BOB W
Considering the current average speed of Subaru's on Alaska highways, you had better have a VERY, VERY long layover to make that journey. I was very glad when the average speed went up to 2 MPH in 2019, but then realized there was a wind storm pushing that particular vehicle. Will they ever put a motor in one of those things with anything resembling actual acceleration?
In the Pac NW weed is legal so everyone "identifies" as going 60MPH
maradori and Mahogany like this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by mtofell
In the Pac NW weed is legal so everyone "identifies" as going 60MPH

meanwhile in New England, an Outback @ 75mph is being passed by a Forester at 85mph on the right.
mtofell likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 9:48 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
And I am telling you I just earned Gold and then 75k flying QR. Believe whatever you want.
If you have 9,505 Alaska miles, then that means you have at least a couple AS-metal segments. 6 isn't many segments to fly, especially if they rolled over the first few months from 2020. Were you flying AS to get from BOI to your QR gateway city?
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 9:11 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by CalanMan
If you have 9,505 Alaska miles, then that means you have at least a couple AS-metal segments. 6 isn't many segments to fly, especially if they rolled over the first few months from 2020. Were you flying AS to get from BOI to your QR gateway city?
Did AS state that segments would roll over?
Old Sep 5, 2021, 9:39 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I have 26 segments on my progress bar, but have only flown 18 this year. Segments were definitely included.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Originally Posted by Calculon
I have 26 segments on my progress bar, but have only flown 18 this year. Segments were definitely included.
I don't know if they ever stated it anywhere, but they certainly did it. My segment count has 2020 rollover as well.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by Calculon
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
I don't know if they ever stated it anywhere, but they certainly did it. My segment count has 2020 rollover as well.
I guess I'll add 8 more AS segments to my count.
I hope AS will soon give full official info on what will be needed for this new level.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:07 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Topped 100k after my SEA>TUS flight. Here's to hoping that that Alaska implements the new tier for next year.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 11:56 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by brentyb
Topped 100k after my SEA>TUS flight. Here's to hoping that that Alaska implements the new tier for next year.
I should hit it in November and am in the same boat wishing for this year to count to qualify. If not, at least maybe a healthy amount rollover EQMs from 2021>2022.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA1K, AS Gold 75K, HH Diamond, MR Titanium LT Gold, IHG Platinum, HZ PC, CLEAR
Originally Posted by brentyb
Here's to hoping that that Alaska implements the new tier for next year.
Why do Gold 75Ks hope there is a new Gold 100K? Do you also want status to be based on spend, like it is at AA, UA, DL?
I have flown 73,762 miles on AS since May 18, 2021, so I could easily hit 250K this and every year. Should I push AS for an MVP Gold 250K status to leave the infrequent travelers (anyone flying under 250K annually) in a lower status than mine?
Now that AA IT has done its job, I almost always get upgraded to F on AA metal because of my AS Gold 75K status.
What benefit would a 100K or 250K tier add? Would we preboard like Concierge Key? I would like that.
My UA 1K status allows me to preboard. That is a benefit I enjoy on every flight, and AS should add that.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 1:40 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Guate87
Why do Gold 75Ks hope there is a new Gold 100K? Do you also want status to be based on spend, like it is at AA, UA, DL?
I have flown 73,762 miles on AS since May 18, 2021, so I could easily hit 250K this and every year. Should I push AS for an MVP Gold 250K status to leave the infrequent travelers (anyone flying under 250K annually) in a lower status than mine?
Now that AA IT has done its job, I almost always get upgraded to F on AA metal because of my AS Gold 75K status.
What benefit would a 100K or 250K tier add? Would we preboard like Concierge Key? I would like that.
My UA 1K status allows me to preboard. That is a benefit I enjoy on every flight, and AS should add that.
MP will continue to be mileage based with the addition of a 100K tier, which will provide additional benefits for those who travel even more than others, and importantly beyond 75K EQM.
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA1K, AS Gold 75K, HH Diamond, MR Titanium LT Gold, IHG Platinum, HZ PC, CLEAR
Originally Posted by anteater
MP will continue to be mileage based with the addition of a 100K tier, which will provide additional benefits for those who travel even more than others, and importantly beyond 75K EQM.
@anteater
And your official source is...?

What specific "additional benefits" can you guarantee? Free annual CLEAR membership? Top tier reciprocity on all OW flights? Free unlimited AS lounge visits so I no longer have to buy BoardRoom membership?

I have asked several AS agents with the Gold 75K reservations and Mileageplan desks and they say a 100K tier is just an old, recurring rumor.

If we are truly adding benefits, I hope there is a 250K tier so I can get even more benefits than those of you who fly very little (under 250K annually).😁
Old Sep 10, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Guate87
@anteater
And your official source is?
Yea.. that’s a bridge I’m not going to burn. 🤙🏻🍹
Old Sep 10, 2021, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
That's great to hear....the mileage based aspect of MP is the #1 reason I don't even consider moving to DL/UA/WN/AA programs.
tobikosan and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 3:24 pm

Yea.. that’s a bridge I’m not going to burn. 🤙🏻🍹
So, does your supposed "bridge" have a date when this will be officially announced? Or will this continue in the same vein as other "insider " wishful thinking?

And please list one or more of the supposed new benefits we 100K elites will receive...🦗🦗🦗

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.