Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass and Denied Entry at Alaska Lounges Because of Space - 2019 and Later

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Alaska Lounges in ANC, LAX, PDX, and JFK accept Priority Pass (PP) on space-available (limited) basis.

Alaska Lounges in SEA no longer accept Priority Pass. (AS Lounges in SEA Leaving Priority Pass (9/1/2018)

2018 and earlier version of this thread.
Print Wikipost

Priority Pass and Denied Entry at Alaska Lounges Because of Space - 2019 and Later

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: AS Gold, AS Lounge, Enterprise Gold
New N Gate Seatac Alaska Lounge is sweet, typical food offerings. New price for MVP Gold/75K is $350 year.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
At LAX at 7:15am on a Monday the no Priority Pass sign was displayed. Was able to get in with a FC BP. The lounge was busy but there were still some empty seats.

I know this is a little OT, but thumbs down from me on the refresh. It’s just so plain.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
To add a data point to this thread (trip was July 2, but just joined, so late post):

Companion and myself, both PP holders were connecting through ANC with about a 3 hour layover before a red-eye to DFW. First attempt at entry around 5:30 pm, agent was literally in the process of placing the "no Priority Pass guests allowed due to capacity" sign as we ascended the stairs. Alright, no big deal. Walked around for about an hour, had some ice cream, came back to try again close to 7. Our flight was at 8:05 and figured we'd pop in for some quick refreshment. Coming up the stairs, I noticed the sign still up, however a group of 3 was in the process of leaving. Could also see numerous empty seats and it was clearly far less crowded than our first attempt. Upon asking, the agent confirmed priority pass users were still not allowed due to capacity. I didn't push the issue, partly since we were boarding soon anyway and partly because it was very warm up there (and the whole airport, uncomfortably so. Realize Alaska was experiencing a major heat wave, but the AC seemed marginally functional just about everywhere in the airport) but was still surprised we were denied. Less surprised upon reading this thread.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by markandsmoke
New N Gate Seatac Alaska Lounge is sweet, typical food offerings. New price for MVP Gold/75K is $350 year.
Should be noted that PP is not accepted at any SEA AS Lounges. Other AS lounges are still be putting the “capacity” signs out to control access.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Shimansky VIP
LAX

Flying out of LAX today on Alaska, and actually got there early enough to use the lounge (and my priority pass membership from Hilton aspire card for the very first time), only to find a sign denying entry to PP members. Didn’t know about this devaluation, bummer. Waste of time.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mshimansky
[left]Flying out of LAX today on Alaska, and actually got there early enough to use the lounge (and my priority pass membership from Hilton aspire card for the very first time), only to find a sign denying entry to PP members. Didn’t know about this devaluation, bummer. Waste of time.
This sign has become nearly a standard fixture at LAX and the PP "devaluation" as it applies to AS Lounge access has been around for well over a year now, nothing really new...sorry you were disappointed

Last edited by dayone; Aug 4, 2019 at 7:43 pm Reason: Deleted quoted image for readability.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
At LAX at 7:15am on a Monday the no Priority Pass sign was displayed. Was able to get in with a FC BP. The lounge was busy but there were still some empty seats.

I know this is a little OT, but thumbs down from me on the refresh. It’s just so plain.
From what I have seen so far (and I have not been in the new N lounge yet) but the remodels are another attempt to put stale lipstick on a geriatric pig. Nothing new, and in some ways a serious step backwards. New floors, new furniture, same old everything else, except the (sometimes manned Barista Bars) attempts to put Starbucks out of business
philemer likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: AS Gold, AS Lounge, Enterprise Gold
Originally Posted by BOB W
From what I have seen so far (and I have not been in the new N lounge yet) but the remodels are another attempt to put stale lipstick on a geriatric pig. Nothing new, and in some ways a serious step backwards. New floors, new furniture, same old everything else, except the (sometimes manned Barista Bars) attempts to put Starbucks out of business
Couldn't agree more with the so called refresh, horrible. The new N lounge in Seattle is another story but it is also the flagship lounge for Alaska. Sadly Alaska lounges especially LAX are over crowded very and uncomfortable to be worth paying for membership
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
This sign has become nearly a standard fixture at LAX and the PP "devaluation" as it applies to AS Lounge access has been around for well over a year now, nothing really new...sorry you were disappointed
Yeah. I managed to get in once in April (around 10pm) they were NOT happy and told me "You barely have time" -- then served me the worst Gin & Tonic in living memory.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: UA, QFF, AA, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Pres Circle.
Update: 2019/08/11 ; 8:30am
Portland Int Airport (PDX)

1. Sadly the signage was out.
2. Walked in and asked the attendant what time will PP members be allowed in, and she said it depends on the crowd.
I took a look around and it wasn't that crowded. Anyways gave up, and walked away :-(

Is there a way to write in and formally complain to PP? Not sure if it is AMEX or PP or both, that one write in and complain about this.

Next, walked up to the Capers Restaurant nearby only to see the sign up that says from Aug 1st, PP (Amex) no longer are permitted for benefits.
Game over...
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by me4tux
Update: 2019/08/11 ; 8:30am
Portland Int Airport (PDX)

1. Sadly the signage was out.
2. Walked in and asked the attendant what time will PP members be allowed in, and she said it depends on the crowd.
I took a look around and it wasn't that crowded. Anyways gave up, and walked away :-(

Is there a way to write in and formally complain to PP? Not sure if it is AMEX or PP or both, that one write in and complain about this.

Next, walked up to the Capers Restaurant nearby only to see the sign up that says from Aug 1st, PP (Amex) no longer are permitted for benefits.
Game over...
Yup, I agree...Game over. To be fair though, both AMEX and PP (not to mention all the FT chatter) have done a pretty good job of providing advance notice of the Aug. 1st change. When the first year free AMEX Ameriprise promotion ended earlier this year, that was the REAL "game over" because it meant the AMEX Plat card was no longer churnable nor free....I had it for years and never had to pay the annual fee. I got the AS Lounge membership last month (prior to upcoming price increase) and so far I've used it quite a bit....given the fact that it includes all of my immediate family and nearly all Admiral's Clubs, it's been a good deal so far.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: DL, HH, Bonvoy
8/14 4:30 PM LAX sign out in full force and no ETA for PP when asked, but they did recommend if I’m not using AmEx to go to the restaurant right outside because they are now accepting PP. Sure enough $28 credit. (Incidentally, wings and a house well drink comes out to $27.33.)

Last edited by Zeromus-X; Aug 14, 2019 at 9:29 am Reason: Site does not like iPhone emojis
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
That makes me sad that there's a PP restaurant in T6 now
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Why? I have PP non-AmEx so that works for me.👍
Old Aug 15, 2019, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
That makes me sad that there's a PP restaurant in T6 now
​​​​​​​Ditto

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.