Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass and Denied Entry at Alaska Lounges Because of Space - 2019 and Later

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Alaska Lounges in ANC, LAX, PDX, and JFK accept Priority Pass (PP) on space-available (limited) basis.

Alaska Lounges in SEA no longer accept Priority Pass. (AS Lounges in SEA Leaving Priority Pass (9/1/2018)

2018 and earlier version of this thread.
Print Wikipost

Priority Pass and Denied Entry at Alaska Lounges Because of Space - 2019 and Later

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
not getting to JFK any earlier than you need to in order to board your flight on time
Good general advice for all airports and on all occasions, regardless of the specific availability of a lounge.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Rejection sign - PDX 4/21/2019 @ 5pm

Easter Sunday. Walked over to the UC which had more staff than guests.
Old May 11, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: AS Gold, AS Lounge, Enterprise Gold
5/7/19 11:00am and 6PM Renovated Alaska Lounge looking good. Sign comes in and out, Alaska milks the priority pass to the max which is annoying to both sides. Also Amex Plat users are becoming very loud, just an observation.
Old May 22, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Not a priority pass member, but thought I’d add a data point for those who are. At the PDX lounge this morning around 8:30 am the sign was not out, so assume that PP was welcome. The lounge actually felt quite crowded, but still no sign when I left at 9am
Old May 23, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I've been denied the 3 times I was at PDX. 80 percent of the time at JFK it works out.
Old May 23, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
For LAX, because of the recent renovation, PP is easily denied. Lounge closed at 8 pm for everyone. Been there 4 times, denied twice. I always visited on a Saturday evening around 6-7. There are many transcon leaving at 8 or 9, so it's going to be busy all the time. Note, when there is a sign at the elevator, it's full, don't bother go upstairs. Told the renovation will end in June/August, I can't remember which month, lol.
Old May 23, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by simonsuo
For LAX, because of the recent renovation, PP is easily denied. Lounge closed at 8 pm for everyone. Been there 4 times, denied twice. I always visited on a Saturday evening around 6-7. There are many transcon leaving at 8 or 9, so it's going to be busy all the time. Note, when there is a sign at the elevator, it's full, don't bother go upstairs. Told the renovation will end in June/August, I can't remember which month, lol.
I do not predict things will change when the renovation is completed. I rely on an Admirals Club membership to enter, but have seen the PP notice frequently during the morning and mid-day as well, including before the renovation.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
I do not predict things will change when the renovation is completed. I rely on an Admirals Club membership to enter, but have seen the PP notice frequently during the morning and mid-day as well, including before the renovation.
I agree....LAX is probably the worst for PP availability....even more than PDX.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by PDXPremier

I agree....LAX is probably the worst for PP availability....even more than PDX.
ANC is getting up there. I'm hopeful once the remodel is done, there will be more room. Hopeful but not optimistic
Old May 24, 2019, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
ANC is getting up there. I'm hopeful once the remodel is done, there will be more room. Hopeful but not optimistic
I'm not optimistic either....not so long ago in SEA they were saying things would get better when the new Alaska Lounge opened in C to help with the crowding and the no PP sign wouldn't be out as much....they were right in a way....shortly after the new C lounge opened, the sign wasn't out as much, but that was only because they quit allowing PP altogether If opening an entirely new lounge doesn't help with capacity, I hardly think a renovation will help, but I hope I'm wrong.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Thankfully the sign is out at PDX. The lounge is full and the water is unsafe to drink, so no coffee or soda. The beer and mimosas are flowing.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
A bit of delayed report, but last Thurs, 5/16 at 6:30am, sign was out at LAX. Went up to check on how long it might be out/how full the lounge was, and they were just coming down to pull the sign back in so admitted me and my guest with Priority Pass. With all the renovations, the bar is limited to a small selection of canned beers and wines.

Despite others' reports, I've actually had decent luck w/ ability to enter LAX using PP, but perhaps I'm just traveling at off-peak days/times or have gotten really lucky at others.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not sure if this has been answered before, but if I have a PP membership AND an Alaska Lounge membership, would they allow me to bring in 2 guests with PP AND my immediate family (based on my lounge membership) or is it one or the other?
Old May 26, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Visited LAX 5/25, got in at 6:30 pm, while I'm here, they put the sign out around 7:15 pm. When I leave at 8, the sign was still out and people will be denied.
Old May 26, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by simonsuo
Visited LAX 5/25, got in at 6:30 pm, while I'm here, they put the sign out around 7:15 pm. When I leave at 8, the sign was still out and people will be denied.
has the remodel been completed.? They told me that they are closing at 8pm every night so work can be done overnight. This was the option over closing entirely for a period of time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.