Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
Here's the Alaska partner page if you want to have a look through it:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rline-partners
Thanks. Those partners are for booking with AS miles (I think). It may not work in reverse. I've tried to book the flight via several of the international partners that I already had an account with and either the flight doesn't show up (BA) or I can't seem to book a domestic US flight a all (QF, EK, JL, CX, SQ). I was hoping not to have to try each of them or find that I can book the flight if I go to some other section of the website.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: Alaska
Cool, will give them a call. Thanks much!
DrAlex likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by sbjnyc
Hi. I'm trying to book an particular award on AS but alas I have no miles there. The flight is available as saver on AA but I no longer have enough miles for J after my last redemption and no way to transfer any in (AFAIK). I checked BA but the flight does not show up there. I tried a few other international partners (EK, QF) but they don't appear to allow booking US domestic flights. Are there any other partners which would allow me to book a domestic US flight on AS? Thanks.
AS redemption flights do not show up on BA.com. That’s why you aren’t seeing that flight when you search on BA. To book an AS flight using BA Avios, you need to phone in to BAEC.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
AS redemption flights do not show up on BA.com. That’s why you aren’t seeing that flight when you search on BA. To book an AS flight using BA Avios, you need to phone in to BAEC.
Thanks!

Edit: I called BAEC and was told they didn't see availability (it still shows as available on AA and AS though).

Last edited by sbjnyc; Jun 2, 2019 at 5:03 pm Reason: update
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Hilton Diamond
Really enjoying the updated Gogo In-flight Internet experience. Fairly reliable and smooth enough to stream Youtube Videos on the last few flights I've been on.

Still somewhat susceptible to flights with too-many users though
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:28 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
It is SO very rare when I seem to have stumped band

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I have a ticket purchased on AS' website with the first segment being an AA codeshare and the second segment an AS flight. I've been upgraded on the second segment to F. Will AA allow me to through check a bag without a fee since it's technically an AS flight number on AA metal with the second segment in F?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:40 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
I can't speak for a connection to an F segment but have flown an AS codeshare flight as a standalone PHX-SJC but in my case AA wanted payment fot checked bags. Why not send AA a tweet.

James
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Try pulling up your receipt on the website, it should list the baggage allowance/fees or which AS/AA baggage policies apply to you itinerary.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Last year, a son flew MSN-ORD-SEA on an AS award ticket. First leg was on AA metal and second was on AS in first. He had to pay a baggage fee.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver
Hey FT, Been lurking for a while but am stumped on a question that the AS website is not particularly clear on. I know that I won't earn any AS RDM miles for flying AA domestically - but will I earn AS EQMs for flying AA? I had flown ATL-ORD-PDX last December with AA and am pretty sure I got them, but obviously can't check now. Any help is definitely appreciated as I am working on pencilling out potential MVP qualification.

-J
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:15 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Try pulling up your receipt on the website, it should list the baggage allowance/fees or which AS/AA baggage policies apply to you itinerary.
In the "Payment Summary" section, all it says is "The total price for your flight(s) is not available." I'm not seeing where else to find the receipt. Will troll through my email and hope I kept.

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I can't speak for a connection to an F segment but have flown an AS codeshare flight as a standalone PHX-SJC but in my case AA wanted payment fot checked bags. Why not send AA a tweet.
Thanks. Will start with AS Twitter team (and hope they don't send me to the terrible text message support)

ETA: The Twitter rep says no, I cannot check on the AA segment for free. But my emailed receipt says "Checked baggage: Alaska Airlines rules and fees apply for this itinerary."

Still following up....
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by jtroche1203
Hey FT, Been lurking for a while but am stumped on a question that the AS website is not particularly clear on. I know that I won't earn any AS RDM miles for flying AA domestically - but will I earn AS EQMs for flying AA? I had flown ATL-ORD-PDX last December with AA and am pretty sure I got them, but obviously can't check now. Any help is definitely appreciated as I am working on pencilling out potential MVP qualification.

-J
If the AA segments are neither codeshares (booked as AS codeshares) or touch an international city on that specific segment they will earn nothing, not EQM or RDM. In this case ATL-ORD-PDX is all domestic AA then you cannot credit.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver
Originally Posted by safari ari
If the AA segments are neither codeshares (booked as AS codeshares) or touch an international city on that specific segment they will earn nothing, not EQM or RDM. In this case ATL-ORD-PDX is all domestic AA then you cannot credit.
Thanks. It had originally been booked as ATL-CLT-PHX-PDX but the middle segment got cancelled and was rebooked. Not sure if any of that would have been codeshared nor was it booked through the AS site.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
ETA: The Twitter rep says no, I cannot check on the AA segment for free. But my emailed receipt says "Checked baggage: Alaska Airlines rules and fees apply for this itinerary."

Still following up....
Just to clarify that the first codeshare flight is AS flight number/AA metal, then the twitter rep is mistaken. See

Baggage fees when on AS ticket but AA metal.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:37 pm

I pointed that out to him and he said that AA will still charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.