Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Why would anyone ever buy an admirals club membership? The international partner lounges? That's all I can think of.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Why would anyone ever buy an admirals club membership? The international partner lounges? That's all I can think of.
And (until recently, or it still upcoming?) access to Admirals Clubs when flying airlines other than AS or AA, and access at SFO. Depends on the individual's travel patterns.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by rustykettel

And (until recently, or it still upcoming?) access to Admirals Clubs when flying airlines other than AS or AA, and access at SFO. Depends on the individual's travel patterns.
Has to be AA or partner after November 1. Soon you'll have the AS lounge in SFO so it wouldn't matter there. I suppose there is still a niche for the admirals club membership, it just seems like a shrinking number.
rustykettel likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 7:12 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I'm going to be surprised if the ability to access AA lounges by AS Lounge members doesn't end soon.
Old May 31, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
The Admirals Club Membership that comes with the Citi AAdvantage World Elite Mastercard also grants Membership to up to 10 Authorized Users each with guest privileges. In essence 11 memberships with the primary cardholder. Spreading out the AF with even two authourized users brings down the fee to $150.00 per membership.

It isn't often that I am not flying AS, AA or an AA Partner. AC works well for me as my first & last stop to/from home is SEA and the primary cardholder with a guest has access to all Alaska Lounges in the same fashion that AA will implement in November. Access at SFO is nice whether arriving or departing on AS. That won't change if your Inbound/Outbound flight is on AS. I bring a change of clothes and have a shower before heading into town especially on an early arrival. For me, it really is the best of two worlds. It is even useful for accessing the shared Admirals Club & JL Sakura Lounge in HNL when flying AS. Again, that shouldn't change in November.

James
RAD_PDX likes this.

Last edited by Flying for Fun; May 31, 2019 at 8:39 pm
Old May 31, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I'm going to be surprised if the ability to access AA lounges by AS Lounge members doesn't end soon.
Why? They are still partners! Albeit not in the same scope. If AA were to deny access to AL Members then AS would have to follow suit. A reciprocal lounge access agreement is beneficial for both parties. I don't think you will see an Admirals Club at SEA anytime soon nor will you see an Alaska Lounge at DFW.

James
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
You can apply up to 4 certificates to one ticket/booking
  • Up to 4 credit certificates can be applied on the billing page toward one travel reservation.
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/gi...dit-cert-terms
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Does anybody have any creative ideas on how to use e-certs? I have roughly $400 in e-certs that expire in 45 days. Being SAT based I have limited options and really no desire to go to SEA or beyond. Are there any tricks like where you can use the Amex Plat Uber credit for food?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Deltahater
Does anybody have any creative ideas on how to use e-certs? I have roughly $400 in e-certs that expire in 45 days. Being SAT based I have limited options and really no desire to go to SEA or beyond. Are there any tricks like where you can use the Amex Plat Uber credit for food?
Amex Uber credits work with Uber Eats
Old Jun 2, 2019, 9:47 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I have a ticket purchased on AS' website with the first segment being an AA codeshare and the second segment an AS flight. I've been upgraded on the second segment to F. Will AA allow me to through check a bag without a fee since it's technically an AS flight number on AA metal with the second segment in F?
Old Jun 2, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
From the Alaska website:

“ 75K Lounge day passes can be converted to sharable day passes by visiting an Alaska Lounge location. Once converted, day passes must be used within 3 months of being issued.”

Has anyone tried this yet? Just curious if it’s an electronic pass that I can share or if it’s a physical one? I have a family member flying out hours after I do tomorrow and would love to stop by the lounge in the morning to get a day pass set up for them, if possible
Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: Alaska
Seat selection when adding Lap Infant on cash ticket

Hi All,
MVP Gold 75K here. Running in to a unique problem that I couldn't find the answer for after running a search. Thought I'd check here before calling AS.

When I book a domestic economy cash ticket on AS metal for just the SO and me, I can select any non-first class seats for free. But when I add a lap infant to the reservation, I am being charged a fee when I select those same seats.

Anyone know why this is the case and if there is a workaround? thanks!
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by travelduke
Hi All,
MVP Gold 75K here. Running in to a unique problem that I couldn't find the answer for after running a search. Thought I'd check here before calling AS.
When I book a domestic economy cash ticket on AS metal for just the SO and me, I can select any non-first class seats for free. But when I add a lap infant to the reservation, I am being charged a fee when I select those same seats.
Anyone know why this is the case and if there is a workaround? thanks!
First things first, Welcome to FlyerTalk!
I'm guessing this is yet another awesome IT shenanigan . I'd suggest calling the gold line to have them assign seats. I'm not big fan of phone calls in general, but anytime I've run into IT issues, they nearly always have the fix (and a friendly one at that).
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:51 pm

Hi. I'm trying to book an particular award on AS but alas I have no miles there. The flight is available as saver on AA but I no longer have enough miles for J after my last redemption and no way to transfer any in (AFAIK). I checked BA but the flight does not show up there. I tried a few other international partners (EK, QF) but they don't appear to allow booking US domestic flights. Are there any other partners which would allow me to book a domestic US flight on AS? Thanks.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Here's the Alaska partner page if you want to have a look through it:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rline-partners

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.