Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Go to this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rline-partners
Click the partner in question
Ensure that the flight number is in the list of allowed ranges at the bottom
Ensure that the partner is marketing (the flight number starts with the code for the partner) and operating (your itinerary does not say "operated by <some other airline>") the flight
Find your fare class in the chart (if it's not there, you get no miles)
Add up the "base miles earned" and "class of service bonus" columns
Multiply by miles flown. That's your eqm.

So, for example, CX in D class earns 100% base + 25% CoS. So you will earn 125% of miles flown as EQM. For DUB-HKG, 125% * 6120 = 7650 EQM.
Thank you very much. Appreciate it!
Old May 15, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 4MM; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
I booked a couple of round trip award ticket on AA.com, AUS->STS, and I have an Alaska leg on the outbound from LAS->STS. AA.com doesn't let me pick seats for that leg, and directs me to the Alaska web site to do so. I went to alaskaair.com and signed up for a Mileage Plan account. I try to add the trip via last name and record locator that AA provided, but alaskaair.com cannot find the flight or that segment of the flight.

How do I go about picking my seats for that leg, or is it simply not possible?

Thanks,
--woodstock
Old May 15, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by JoeWoodstock
I booked a couple of round trip award ticket on AA.com, AUS->STS, and I have an Alaska leg on the outbound from LAS->STS. AA.com doesn't let me pick seats for that leg, and directs me to the Alaska web site to do so. I went to alaskaair.com and signed up for a Mileage Plan account. I try to add the trip via last name and record locator that AA provided, but alaskaair.com cannot find the flight or that segment of the flight.

Thanks,
--woodstock
Alaska doesn't fly nonstop from LAS to STS. They do offer connections via LAX, SEA and PDX and AA does via DFW & PHX. What is your flight #?
Old May 15, 2019, 6:01 pm

updating ticket to lower price

Saw that the fare had dropped for my flight, and I tried to change it online, using the "apply credit towards new flight" but it popped up that it would charge me money. So I just cancelled it and rebooked it.
Anybody know why? It should have just worked without me having to cancel it?

(have free changes with status)
Old May 15, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist

Thanks,
--woodstock
Call AA and get the AS record locator (it's different than the AA one). You should be able to find your booking using the AS record locator on alaskaair.com.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 9:19 pm

I tried searching but was unable to find an answer - I'm considering taking advantage of the current 50% mileage bonus, how quickly do those miles tend to post to you account?
Old May 15, 2019, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Should be immediate, but no guarantees
Old May 15, 2019, 9:44 pm

Thanks, that was my assumption.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: AA Platinum 4MM; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Alaska doesn't fly nonstop from LAS to STS. They do offer connections via LAX, SEA and PDX and AA does via DFW & PHX. What is your flight #?
Whoops, typo. It's LAX I'm connecting through, and the flight is Alaska 3373.

Thanks,
--woodstock
Old May 16, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Whoops, typo. It's LAX I'm connecting through, and the flight is Alaska 3373.

Thanks,
--woodstock
As mentioned upthread, you'll need to get your AS record locator from AA, then you should be able to retrieve the booking on AS' website.
Old May 16, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by nearlysober
I thought as MVPG - everything was fully flex, including paying up to Premium? Maybe I'm mistaken... but if they do post the charge twice I plan to at least call in and see if I can get a little sympathy as I changed the flight due to their schedule change.
Just got notification of a $35 credit being applied, no action was needed on my part, so I guess it's covered.
Old May 17, 2019, 11:42 am

Upgrade on award ticket?

I couldn't find this scenario elsewhere in the forum, but I have an award flight tomorrow with the first segment booked on AS in W to connect to an international F award on BA. I'm MVPG 75K and the flight currently shows two U seats available. I show up as "Waitlisted for first class" under flight details and am first on the waitlist after checking in, so I assumed I'd be eligible for an upgrade now. However, when I called about this the agent said that award space has to be opened before I could be upgraded. From the website I was under the impression that I would be upgraded after any other 75Ks with revenue tickets once the window opened, subject to U availability. Is that not correct? Should I just wait until I'm at the airport tomorrow and hope F seats are still available? It's a reasonably long flight so I'd be bummed if the seats are all taken. Thanks for any advice!
Old May 17, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
If you're seeing U space online but she's telling you that you'll be upgraded when U space is available... one of them is wrong about the availability, or lack thereof, of U space
Either the website is showing wrong data, or there was a human error in combination with AS's janky upgrade process.

Might be worth a friendly "hang up, call again" to try another rep to see if you get the same answer. No harm in asking. If you do get the same answer, the website showing the U data is probably in error.
Old May 17, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nearlysober
If you're seeing U space online but she's telling you that you'll be upgraded when U space is available... one of them is wrong about the availability, or lack thereof, of U space
Either the website is showing wrong data, or there was a human error in combination with AS's janky upgrade process.

Might be worth a friendly "hang up, call again" to try another rep to see if you get the same answer. No harm in asking. If you do get the same answer, the website showing the U data is probably in error.
I have had U space disappear during booking a reservation. It was there at the start and after purchase, it was no longer there causing an error when trying to apply a GGU. The website took a bit to refresh before the U disappeared. Do you have access to ExpertFlyer to see fare availability? You should also check for saver F award A space. If available, that should prioritize over upgrades as AS should move you into A space based on your F BA award.

James
Old May 17, 2019, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I have had U space disappear during booking a reservation. It was there at the start and after purchase, it was no longer there causing an error when trying to apply a GGU. The website took a bit to refresh before the U disappeared. Do you have access to ExpertFlyer to see fare availability? You should also check for saver F award A space. If available, that should prioritize over upgrades as AS should move you into A space based on your F BA award.
The website is still showing U availability for tomorrow (dark blue F icon on the booking page). When I called, the agent said that I wouldn't be upgraded by the processor unless saver F award space opened up since I'm on an award ticket, even though she confirmed that two U spots were open. I thought being in the upgrade window with U availability would be enough as 75K, but the agent told me otherwise. I was interested in the feedback here since her response seems to be contradicted by the upgrade rules on the website, which lists W as the last upgrade-able fare class. Since it looks like the F cabin on my flight is only half full (4 out of 8 seats selected on an Airbus), I'll take my chances that at least one of those seats will still be available at the gate in the morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.