Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

[Heads Up] Reconfiguration of Airbus A320 (319?) Seat Map

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
Airbus aircraft featuring bulkhead at row 6:
Print Wikipost

[Heads Up] Reconfiguration of Airbus A320 (319?) Seat Map

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
If you're within T-24 and the seat map isn't showing any preferred/elite seats, they're already pre-assigned. Those seats become available to all, regardless of status, at T-24. They don't sell those ones, only the Premium Class.

Hopefully you can get an U/G at the airport.
Still confused. I am MVP. I can always see those seats and choose one regardless of time frame. I got moved to seat 28A.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by tatterdema
Still confused. I am MVP. I can always see those seats and choose one regardless of time frame. I got moved to seat 28A.
That's what I'm trying to say...if you can't see any, they're already pre-assigned. If there was a seat available, you'd see it, as would ANYONE within T-24.

Sorry you got hosed. You're not a minority these days, that's for sure.

edited to add: Your best bet at this point for getting out of the back of the plane is that Golds/75ks get bumped up to F and you get PC at the airport. How does the F cabin look at this point?

Good luck!

Last edited by NoLaGent; Nov 3, 2018 at 9:08 am Reason: U/G detail
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:37 pm

That's what I'm trying to say...if you can't see any, they're already pre-assigned. If there was a seat available, you'd see it, as would ANYONE within T-24.

Sorry you got hosed. You're not a minority these days, that's for sure.

edited to add: Your best bet at this point for getting out of the back of the plane is that Golds/75ks get bumped up to F and you get PC at the airport. How does the F cabin look at this point?

Good luck!
Unfortunately with only 8 seats in F cabin..... Lol, there are none. I was able to take a middle seat, row 18 to get out of the back of the plane. Still not getting "set alarm at T-24" thing, as I still cannot figure out how that possibly could help, so not bothering with it.

Pretty sure Tankerman was right, and anyone in those seats will be hosed.

Thanks to the OP though, I was able to be a little bit proactive and get out of the bowels of hell in the back of the plane, even if it is a middle seat in the middle. ^

Last edited by tatterdema; Nov 3, 2018 at 4:50 pm Reason: seat count
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by tatterdema
Unfortunately with only 4 seats in F cabin..... Lol, there are none. I was able to take a middle seat, row 18 to get out of the back of the plane. Still not getting "set alarm at T-24" thing, as I still cannot figure out how that possibly could help, so not bothering with it.

Pretty sure Tankerman was right, and anyone in those seats will be hosed.
Glad to hear you were at least moved up. I didn't realize you were MVP, the preferred/elite seats become available to general members at check-in, that was the reference. It's irrelevant, in your case.

Safe travels.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:49 pm

Glad to hear you were at least moved up. I didn't realize you were MVP, the preferred/elite seats become available to general members at check-in, that was the reference. It's irrelevant, in your case.

Safe travels.
Thanks, Nola. Lol, and also at least I am not being blindsided at the airport. I know what I am getting into, so can "gin" it up, haha.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Currently T-14 on SFO-IAD airbus. Seated in 3A and seat map has not changed. For the last week I have checked daily for other seat options and there have been zero window or aisle seats available (I believe because AS cut the 3pm IAD-SFO flight and is down to 2x/day).

It sounds like most people are getting hosed by seat map changes at T-24. Should I still be worried the switch could happen overnight?

Last edited by jjmadison; Nov 5, 2018 at 10:22 pm
Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjmadison
Currently T-14 on SFO-IAD airbus. Seated in 4A and seat map has not changed. For the last wee I have checked daily for other seat options and there have been zero window or aisle seats available (I believe because AS cut the 3pm IAD-SFO flight and is down to 2x/day).

It sounds like most people are getting hosed by seat map changes at T-24. Should I still be worried the switch could happen overnight?
I would be...

Mine changed at midnight the day before my flight. Then on the way back, it changed a few days out, then changed back the day before my flight.
TheDudeAbides likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I would be...

Mine changed at midnight the day before my flight. Then on the way back, it changed a few days out, then changed back the day before my flight.
Thanks, VegasGambler. I will check seat status after midnight.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jjmadison
Thanks, VegasGambler. I will check seat status after midnight.
Yup... just expect continuous changes
TheDudeAbides likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Yup... just expect continuous changes
Low and behold, I lucked out. Onboard 11/4 AS1084 SFO-IAD in 3A.

For those tracking for their own flights, tail # is N285VA. Seatmap for coach still begins with 3 as of 11/4.

Last edited by jjmadison; Nov 5, 2018 at 10:22 pm
Old Nov 4, 2018, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ack. I'm in the row numbering limbo now...

T-50 I look at the seatmap and pick exit row window 17F.
T-41 I check again and I'm in 17F, but the exit row has moved up to 10. Fortunately there are still windows and aisles available.
It will be interesting to see how many times I have to update...
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
I'm wondering if when the seat maps get jumbled, there's enough of a gap for EF to pick it up on a seat alert. Anyone tried to catch that way?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For my IAD-SFO flight Wednesday evening I have picked 6C. It has changed back and forth a couple times but still in 6C. Right now it has changed to old config and row 3 is empty, so hope it changes 1 more time to new config. AS really isn't doing this very well.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
I'm now in new row 29D. At least not a middle seat, but it's bad enough getting a ride from LAX on Sunday nights when you're near the front of the plane. Ugh.

Not to mention being next to the bathroom line for a lot of the flight.
As another follow-up, about an hour before boarding I was able to snag the new 10D--so three rows behind where I was originally supposed to be. The guy next to me (a 75K--he said he was and he got the chocolate) declined his upgrade to first class so he could stay with the other person he was traveling with, so I'm guessing it took that long over him having to decline his upgrade so the person in 10D could get it instead. Happy to have gotten the seat obviously, but really not fun getting to obsessively check the app for three days straight seeing if a better seat opened up.

And the guy next to me PAID to be the old row 10 (again, I think he paid for the seats--and he bought his tickets just a couple of days prior to the flight--to make sure the person he was traveling with could also be in the exit row with him) and then found himself in the new row 10. They were throwing free food at him and I'm assuming it was to try to make up for the snafu but that's even worse, IMO, that this can happen to you even if you paid for the premium seats.
jjmadison and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:55 am

Well sometimes things work out OK. Between the time I left home, and when I printed my boarding pass at the airport, seat 17D opened up. 17 E and F were occupied. By the time they closed the doors, 17E was empty, so it worked out fine. I would still have rather had 5F, but exit row aisle was fine, and I got a free drink out of it.

Which made me think, kind of strange that they make exit rows premium with free drinks..... Not that we could get drunk on a 2.5 hour flight, with only 1 drink pass, but made me think of people that are light weights drinking too much in those rows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.