FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   [Heads Up] Reconfiguration of Airbus A320 (319?) Seat Map (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1935432-heads-up-reconfiguration-airbus-a320-319-seat-map.html)

beckoa Oct 13, 2018 9:20 am

[Heads Up] Reconfiguration of Airbus A320 (319?) Seat Map

Well, I just got hosed.

Was in 10C on VX1025 JFK-PDX. An exit row.

Due to be an exit row with ample legroom. I'm now in the "new" 10C. Yeah- zilch for legroom.

Seat map now matches AS' Boeing aircraft with a swap row 6 as the new "bulkhead".https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...18678a941f.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...4964426940.jpg

South of Expected Alaska.

Check your seat assignments!

NoLaGent Oct 13, 2018 9:36 am

It should be across the board on all pmVX aircraft by November, but they're rolling these out pretty quickly across the fleet. It's been discussed here for quite awhile now:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30006625-post17.html

beckoa Oct 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent (Post 30311109)
It should be across the board on all pmVX aircraft by November, but they're rolling these out pretty quickly across the fleet. It's been discussed here for quite awhile now:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30006625-post17.html

Correct. This was for November and beyond in the thread. This literally happened overnight (have been checking expertflyer and still had tabs open). On another VXA320 right now SFO-PDX. And it's 3D still. The difference? This is an ETOPS version (or at least with rafts). So AS is rolling this out by configuration.

UAPremierExec Oct 13, 2018 9:30 pm

the ETOPS A320s have a different wifi provider, no?

beckoa Oct 13, 2018 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec (Post 30312943)
the ETOPS A320s have a different wifi provider, no?

For now, yes.

Viasat.

Didn't log in as I was a bit tired.

brosnan6 Oct 17, 2018 1:32 pm

This reared its ugly head on my for a SFO-LAX flight tomorrow. No warning or notice by AS that we got reseated into middle seats in row 22 when we had window/aisle in row 4. I would have hoped that they would have manually corrected/remapped seats for passengers to the new row numbers since the actual layouts or seat configurations didn't actually change, but clearly I was expecting too much. Complained a bit to the phone agent this morning and while we couldn't do anything about getting the seats back, she did issue me a $50/person discount code for future use.

m_j_n Oct 17, 2018 9:19 pm

Dealt with this Monday morning LAX-EWR (1162 — I think N623VA). The gate agents claimed the renumbering happened overnight. They seemed very ill-prepared, but not their fault. Premium Economy was not reissued new tickets with the new row numbers. Chaos during boarding, lots of confused passengers. The FAs were understandably exasperated. Felt particularly bad for the 6’6” guy who was supposed to be in what used to be 10C.

Eventually the gate agents came on, and had everyone in the exit rows deboard so Premium Economy folks could move to those rows. Not very elegant, but the best resolution to a bad situation, I suppose. Certainly better than letting the flight go out with PE customers in Economy seats and vice-versa. Clearly a terrible rollout.

I question whether the renumbering is even necessary. These cabins are getting redone anyway. Or, maybe it’s better to deal with confusion and inefficiency now vs. later, when some Airbuses are reconfigured and others aren’t? I dunno. This isn’t my day job. But OTOH, certainly they can reassign seats before anyone checks in to avoid this issue needing to be resolved at the gate? :confused:

rustykettel Oct 17, 2018 9:36 pm

AS twitter feed has several PC seat bumps scattered in there recently.

Considering PC with advance seat assignments is almost always either elite, people who paid extra for the seats, or both, seems like the people an airline would least like to annoy.

tusphotog Oct 18, 2018 11:46 am

Something similar happened to me in the spring. Was on an A321 that got swapped for a 320. Went from an aisle in the mid-cabin exit row to a middle in row 20.

I SDC'd to a Boeing. :D

VegasGambler Oct 24, 2018 10:44 am

Ok, so, I'm flying SFO-EWR on Friday night (9:30pm; AS 1182). I'm in 10F. The plane is an Airbus; 10F is supposed to be premium / exit row, and that's what the seat map shows.

Am I screwed? Or has this problem been fixed?

jsguyrus Oct 24, 2018 10:49 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30351017)
Ok, so, I'm flying SFO-EWR on Friday night (9:30pm; AS 1182). I'm in 10F. The plane is an Airbus; 10F is supposed to be premium / exit row, and that's what the seat map shows.

You really wont know until Friday morning.........

VegasGambler Oct 24, 2018 10:56 am

My flight is in the evening... can I find out in the morning? Because, if so, that's probably enough time to fix it...

brosnan6 Oct 24, 2018 10:57 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 30351017)

Definitely hasn't been fixed yet. Affected folks on my wife's flight SFO-DAL yesterday. Thankfully she was already in row 6 pre-seatmap change so she got the stealth bump to premium class after rows 3, 4, and 5 "disappeared" and row 6 became the first row of coach

bbison Oct 24, 2018 10:57 am

Originally Posted by jsguyrus (Post 30351036)
You really wont know until Friday morning.........

Oh, the screwing continues. Last week they told me to call the morning before check-in time for today's flight, by then they could see if the seat numbers would be swapped. Then they switched it at 60 hours out, so there was noting I could do. Again. 3 weeks in a row.

Customer care just suggested that I preemptively give up my premium seat now and grab the likely "new" bulkhead/premium seat in row 6 for next week, in anticipation of a screw job. How's that for service???

DrAlex Oct 24, 2018 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by bbison (Post 30351065)
Customer care just suggested that I preemptively give up my premium seat now and grab the likely "new" bulkhead/premium seat in row 6 for next week, in anticipation of a screw job. How's that for service???

I know it’s a rhetorical question, but I think the answer is this is a fair customer service solution. They can’t change the problem, so perhaps CS has noticed this works. I still feel your pain, but I would have already tried snagging row 6 in your situation (or row 17)... Row 6 is better than row 23 on any AS airbus.