Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

[Heads Up] Reconfiguration of Airbus A320 (319?) Seat Map

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
Airbus aircraft featuring bulkhead at row 6:
Print Wikipost

[Heads Up] Reconfiguration of Airbus A320 (319?) Seat Map

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold / Marriott Bonvoy(age) Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum, WN A+/CP, Hilton Diamond
So here is a twist!

AS1204. 08 NOV 2018. 320. SFO >> ORD.

As mentioned, we got hosed from our 3A/B seats a week out.....snagged 17A/B instead.....exit no harm really.

Kept looking while at airport as F upgrades get clears about 90 minutes out. 6A/B suddenly came available....swapped in the app back to the original seats! Phew!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
Ok... this is a new one I haven't encountered. Airbus and Boeings are encountering last minute swaps.
I wouldn't worry about this unless you're flying to cities that have Airbus service. On ANC-SEA you won't have to worry about the Boeing-->Airbus swap since the Airbusses (Airbi?) don't yet make it north of Seattle. SEA-LAX? Different story.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:01 pm

Programs: BR S (*S), Marriott T, Hertz PC, National EE
Anyone know the cutoff rows for Boarding Group C vs. D now?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 6:05 pm

Are the DCA <> LAX airbuses now reconfigured with “new” first and the first several rows of coach being premium class?
tobikosan likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 11:41 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
DCA-LAX are in the A321 Neos... enjoy those white recliners while you can!
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
DCA-LAX are in the A321 Neos... enjoy those white recliners while you can!
Not flying first
Do those planes have an actual extra legroom section, or are the first several rows branded but the same spacing. Seatmap online shows them as premium class...
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by Scotttheking
Not flying first
Do those planes have an actual extra legroom section, or are the first several rows branded but the same spacing. Seatmap online shows them as premium class...
These planes have extra legroom in the first several rows. VX configured those rows as Main Cabin Select.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by jjmadison
These planes have extra legroom in the first several rows. VX configured those rows as Main Cabin Select.
perfect, thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Scotttheking

perfect, thanks!
The only oddity with the A321 Neos is that there's an exit row that Alaska isn't selling as Premium (compare to how they've labeled the old row 9 on the Airbus aircraft Premium despite the zero recline due to the exit row behind)...as far as I can tell it's because there's no window in that row. So not great if you'd actually like some free drinks, but awesome if you just want some extra legroom.

Well okay, I lied, I guess there's a second oddity--there's the one row with the weird mid-cabin crew jumpseat, so having the middle seat next to that is kind of like having an aisle seat anywhere else on the plane.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:09 am

This bit me hard.

Was booked into 6D 3 months ago. Checked in. Got assigned 3D. Went back noticed I was now in 18F. Called. Agent tried to move me to exit middle, but couldn’t and couldn’t put me back into 18F either.

Ended up as a 75K with no seat assignment and had to go to the airport early as the flight was overbooked.

Pretty terrible experience, but I gave up trying to do anything about it.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
The only oddity with the A321 Neos is that there's an exit row that Alaska isn't selling as Premium (compare to how they've labeled the old row 9 on the Airbus aircraft Premium despite the zero recline due to the exit row behind)...as far as I can tell it's because there's no window in that row. So not great if you'd actually like some free drinks, but awesome if you just want some extra legroom.

Well okay, I lied, I guess there's a second oddity--there's the one row with the weird mid-cabin crew jumpseat, so having the middle seat next to that is kind of like having an aisle seat anywhere else on the plane.
yes, no window in the non-premium exit row, PLUS the window seat is extra narrow because the NEO emergency exit door extends four inches into the seat space.

I found this out the hard way with a very large man in the middle seat next to me a few months ago.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjmadison

yes, no window in the non-premium exit row, PLUS the window seat is extra narrow because the NEO emergency exit door extends four inches into the seat space.

I found this out the hard way with a very large man in the middle seat next to me a few months ago.
That's when you say "no" when asked if you are willing/able to perform the exit row duties...
jjmadison likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:40 am

Programs: Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
That's when you say "no" when asked if you are willing/able to perform the exit row duties...
I always wondered: what happens if you say no and the flight is completely full?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Originally Posted by mfolf
I always wondered: what happens if you say no and the flight is completely full?
You cry on Facebook that Alaska discriminated against you for being gay & threaten Alaska with a lawsuit. Then the plane gets towed back to the gate and you are removed from the flight.

oh, wait....
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mfolf
The person stuck in the middle seat in the back of the plane with a lap infant on either side is more than will to swap for the exit row.
be_rettSEA and pbelmore like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.