Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:37 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
That’s what I’ve been getting for Condor flights in the past. The seats aren’t great, but when the alternative was some 60k AS miles + $700 for a BA J award, I jumped at the opportunity to earn a bunch of RDM and EQM and skip the LHR experience.
couple years ago did this. Cape Town to Frankfurt to YYZ .. I had no complaints!
Old Jul 24, 2021, 11:00 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I jumped at the opportunity to earn a bunch of RDM and EQM and skip the LHR experience.
As best I can tell, FRA transit currently only requires proof of vaccination whereas LHR transit requires a recent test... So that's another plus, at least for now
Old Jul 24, 2021, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
As best I can tell, FRA transit currently only requires proof of vaccination whereas LHR transit requires a recent test... So that's another plus, at least for now
If you do a transit from non-Schengen to non-Schengen in FRA, you don’t even need to provide proof of vaccination.

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/e...eUndAufenthalt

But good point overall, and as I might have a LHR transit coming up soon, I have to take a look at their rules.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 6:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I tried to book Condor today SEA-FRA with miles in J. Even though the system showed availability it wouldn’t book. I called in and they said there is no availability but the web site “hadn’t caught up”.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 8:37 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
I tried to book Condor today SEA-FRA with miles in J. Even though the system showed availability it wouldn’t book. I called in and they said there is no availability but the web site “hadn’t caught up”.
I was able to book a seat Seattle-Frankfurt Aug 12 just this afternoon in business. However, I do not appear to be able to select seat on their website even though it says they are free if booked in business. Any tricks out there?

Thanks, DUT
Old Jul 25, 2021, 8:49 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Originally Posted by DUT
I was able to book a seat Seattle-Frankfurt Aug 12 just this afternoon in business. However, I do not appear to be able to select seat on their website even though it says they are free if booked in business. Any tricks out there?

Thanks, DUT
When we flew them in J in 2019 I had to call them during their business hours and speak to an agent to get seats. I used their website to make a mock booking to view available seats and then requested the ones I wanted. Bit of a hassle but nothing too onerous.

I think the number is the one listed under the partners page for Condor.
DUT likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 8:51 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by DUT

Thanks, DUT
There are reports upthread that you can do it via the LH site with your DE PNR #. Give it a whirl, otherwise you'll have to call.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 10:42 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
There are reports upthread that you can do it via the LH site with your DE PNR #. Give it a whirl, otherwise you'll have to call.
Thanks…I’ll try later and report back…

DUT
Old Jul 27, 2021, 10:03 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
That's how I did it, albeit early in the Condor-Alaska relationship. It worked well. With Lufthansa apparently no longer as closely tied to Condor as it used to be, it may no longer be a decent workaround.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 2:27 pm

Does anyone have any recent (Covid times) info about how long it takes to get through immigration at FRA. Trying to book a train and don’t know how long I should allow?
Old Jul 30, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Didn't see any mention of this, so just in case anybody cares, Condor has announced the order of 16 A330s, and the press release references new hard products for the cabin, without specifics:
https://condor-newsroom.condor.com/e...f-autumn-2022/
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Does anyone have any recent (Covid times) info about how long it takes to get through immigration at FRA. Trying to book a train and don’t know how long I should allow?
Didn’t take long back in mid-June. The immigration line was short and the border police officer didn’t ask about tests or vaccine certs (essentially relying on the airline inspection prior to issuing me the boarding pass).

This thread in the Germany forum has some recent discussion about train connection times:

Transfer time - Frankfurt Airport to Train
Old Aug 2, 2021, 10:35 pm

Condor’s (terrible) web site shows there is no in flight entertainment nor meals (just snacks) due to Covid. Can anyone who has flown recently verify?
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:27 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
Condor’s (terrible) web site shows there is no in flight entertainment nor meals (just snacks) due to Covid. Can anyone who has flown recently verify?
I have just taken their business class.from sea to fra, and its service was 100 times better to AA or BA. Inflight entertainment, was streaming only. Seats are tilted not 100 percent flat, but food was extraordinary. Not sure about ecconomy class
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Originally Posted by condor.com
Given the current circumstances caused by Covid-19 we regret to inform you that we won’t be able to offer you inflight entertainment on short- and mediumhaul flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.