Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2020, 7:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Starting May 30, 2020, fly Condor's new nonstop between Seattle and Munich and earn double base miles along the way.

Terms and Conditions: Offer valid on flights operated and marketed by Condor and credited to a Mileage Plan Member's Mileage Plan account. Members must register and book flights for this promotion from March 1, 2020 through March 31, 2020 to receive double miles. Percentage of base miles earned can be viewed on the corresponding
Condor partner page. Double miles offer is valid only on qualifying paid nonstop flights between Seattle (SEA) and Munich (MUC) from May 30, 2020, through October 1, 2020. All travel must be completed by October 1, 2020. Not valid on free or award travel. Double miles do not count toward Mileage Plan elite status. Please allow four to six weeks for miles to be credited to your Mileage Plan account. All terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan program apply. Offer subject to change without notice.
notquiteaff and jinglish like this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Not sure how this promo works with the existing 5000 miles one way earn minimum promo......

*Earn a minimum of 5,000 total miles each way on Aer Lingus, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Condor, EL AL Israel Airlines, Emirates, Fiji Airways, Finnair, Hainan Airlines, Icelandair, Japan Airlines, Korean Air, LATAM Airlines, Qantas and Singapore Airlines flights between North America and a non-North America destination between March 1 and December 31, 2020. North America is defined as the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Any bonus miles added to reach the 5,000 mile minimum do not count toward elite status qualification. Please allow four to six weeks for miles to be credited to your Mileage Plan account.
My gut feeling is we will get double miles but not get the 5000 one way minimum as the top off amount of about 1000 miles is a bonus miles to begin with. 2X miles > 5000.

Jiburi

Jiburi

Last edited by jiburi; Mar 3, 2020 at 7:03 pm
Old Mar 6, 2020, 2:45 pm

Programs: US/AA, UA, AS, BA, IHG, HGP
Looking for someone who has flown AS award tix for Condor regarding fare class and miles crediting. Please PM.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I flew Condor last year,PDX>FRA it was a cash booking credited to AS, not an award though
Old Mar 6, 2020, 5:59 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by TMKTakot
Looking for someone who has flown AS award tix for Condor regarding fare class and miles crediting. Please PM.
As I said in your other (cross posted) thread, you do not earn miles on award tickets. Only revenue (paid) tickets.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 2:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Finkface
As I said in your other (cross posted) thread, you do not earn miles on award tickets. Only revenue (paid) tickets.
In the past there have been some instances where miles were improperly credited to the account for award flights. This sounds like a crazy question, but it might be legit. My guess is miles were posted and now they're trying to figure out what to do about it. Still...shouldn't double post.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 10:56 am

BERLIN/MUNICH - The German government stands ready to take over Condor as a deal for the airline to be bought by Polish rival LOT is likely to collapse in the industry turmoil caused by the coronavirus crisis, several people familiar with the matter told Reuters.
https://www.todayonline.com/world/ex...condor-sources
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
It's a bit rough in the transport sector these days.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 6:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I was scheduled to fly FRA-YVR in late May. Not holding my breath for a refund or a free schedule change.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 12:12 pm

WARSAW (Reuters) - The owner of Poland’s national airline LOT said on Monday it had pulled out of a deal to buy German rival Condor, raising the prospect of Berlin nationalising the troubled business.

Two weeks ago sources familiar with the matter said Germany was ready to take over Condor as it expected the deal with LOT to collapse due to the industry turmoil caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN21V1E0
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 6:01 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG
How do the members in this forum feel about booking an AS award seat on Condor this August?

We just got bumped out of a confirmed American Airlines award reservation due to AA cancelling a flight and AS not willing to rebook us on another airline. Therefore, I can only imagine we are way out of luck should Condor collapse, even with a confirmed reservation.

Thanks, DUT
Old Apr 17, 2020, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I would expect Germany to fund the airline via loans. I have no idea what flights they will operating in August. Will the US have travel bans for visitors by then? Will Europe still have restrictions for travelers from the US?

If J seats are available for September, I might actually book one myself.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by DUT
We just got bumped out of a confirmed American Airlines award reservation due to AA cancelling a flight and AS not willing to rebook us on another airline.
Were you looking for them to buy you a ticket on someone else as a replacement or just for partner award availability? Imagine partner award availability might be tight in some markets. Can't see them wanting to fork out cash to buy you a replacement ticket if your flight is months out.

Therefore, I can only imagine we are way out of luck should Condor collapse, even with a confirmed reservation.
Years ago I had an award ticket on Ansett Australia. They collapsed. All UA would do was refund the miles (no other award options in that market), so really wouldn't expect more from Alaska. UA told me that payment for award tickets is not made until after the flight is taken. We just don't have the fine details on what the German government will finance, nor if that will impact routes and frequencies. If you're going to book an award ticket, I'd surely book refundable hotels and have adequate cash to self-fund a flight home if Condor cancels once you're in Europe.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 11:54 am
DUT

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I would expect Germany to fund the airline via loans. I have no idea what flights they will operating in August. Will the US have travel bans for visitors by then? Will Europe still have restrictions for travelers from the US?

If J seats are available for September, I might actually book one myself.

Thank you for your insight, DUT
Old Apr 19, 2020, 11:56 am
DUT

Originally Posted by tom911
Were you looking for them to buy you a ticket on someone else as a replacement or just for partner award availability? Imagine partner award availability might be tight in some markets. Can't see them wanting to fork out cash to buy you a replacement ticket if your flight is months out.

Years ago I had an award ticket on Ansett Australia. They collapsed. All UA would do was refund the miles (no other award options in that market), so really wouldn't expect more from Alaska. UA told me that payment for award tickets is not made until after the flight is taken. We just don't have the fine details on what the German government will finance, nor if that will impact routes and frequencies. If you're going to book an award ticket, I'd surely book refundable hotels and have adequate cash to self-fund a flight home if Condor cancels once you're in Europe.
Thank you, appreciated.

Hoping Germany protects Condor, it’s great option from Anchorage to Europe!

DUT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.