Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2022, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Condor is great if you are going to FRA but from there you are pretty much on your own if you want to connect anywhere (at least on an award).
FRA isn’t completely unreasonable for Central Europe (DE, AT, CH, NL) thanks to fast trains. Beats the hell out of $600 BA YQ. Combine with Avios and you still might be in decent shape for the UK/ES.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 6:42 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
I’m trying to book a flight in mid June PDX/AMS on Condor. But the schedule is only through May. Any ideas when they will release what I suppose is a summer schedule?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
I’m trying to book a flight in mid June PDX/AMS on Condor. But the schedule is only through May. Any ideas when they will release what I suppose is a summer schedule?
You can get to FRA on Sundays/Tuesdays/Fridays. Then you would need to buy a train/plane ticket to get the rest of the way. Lufthansa has cancelled the contract to connect passengers to Condor after 31 May. They have a pending legal case to resolve the dispute but it is anybody's guess as to when that will be resolved.
Waitlisted likes this.

Last edited by sfozrhfco; Feb 14, 2022 at 9:43 am
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
You can get to FRA on Sundays/Tuesdays/Fridays. Then you would need to buy a train/plane ticket to get the rest of the way. Lufthansa has cancelled the contract to connect passengers to Condor after 31 May. They have a pending legal case to resolve the dispute but it is anybody's guess as to when that will be resolved.
Looks like it will be resolved in a short time. Condor has won and Lufthansa looks like will be forced to provide feed for Condor's international flights from FRA and MUC. Once everything is finalized I think we will see all the connecting options via LH reappear on booking engines.

https://www.flightglobal.com/network...147435.article
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Tanaka07
Looks like it will be resolved in a short time. Condor has won and Lufthansa looks like will be forced to provide feed for Condor's international flights from FRA and MUC. Once everything is finalized I think we will see all the connecting options via LH reappear on booking engines.

https://www.flightglobal.com/network...147435.article

It hasn't been resolved. The regulators have only made a preliminary finding. Both sides can now present their arguments and LH is still fighting it with no timeline for a resolution.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Tanaka07
And those feeder flights were/are only available for revenue tickets, not AS awards, right?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
And those feeder flights were/are only available for revenue tickets, not AS awards, right?
Yes. This is just about revenue flights. LH agreed to extend the feed agreement over the past year as it was probably a small benefit to them. DE did not have many flights and LH load factors were down in 2021 so even a small revenue stream was better than nothing. Now that travel is expected to increase by summer 2022 and DE is launching more flights, LH has no incentive at all to help DE and will extend the agreement only if the government compels them to do so. In the meantime, they have already cancelled the agreement and DE can not sell the space.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
It hasn't been resolved. The regulators have only made a preliminary finding. Both sides can now present their arguments and LH is still fighting it with no timeline for a resolution.
Thanks for the correction. I hope the feeder agreement gets extended, as those flights were priced very well.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
What’s the latest on getting seat assignments for awards booked with AS miles? I tried the app and

https://www.condor.com/tcibe/us/mybo...openExtra=seat

but neither worked. I was able to find my reservation, but the feature to select seats wasn’t available. My booking is in J, so presumably it should be free.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Works for me in the app. Manage my booking: Edit my booking: Seats: Edit.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Works for me in the app. Manage my booking: Edit my booking: Seats: Edit.

And that’s for an award? Where do you see the Edit button? After I select “Manage my booking” I see

perhaps the issue for my booking is that I have a feeder AS flight on the booking, which they presumably can’t assign seats for (and perhaps don’t handle gracefully)
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, trying Android app… 1.2 stars in the Play store. I am sure it will work well :/

yeah, no, looks the same as on my iPad. Thanks for sharing your screenshots, though.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Condor call center at 1-866-960-7915 assigned me the seats I wanted. I can now see them on the Condor website (but still can't edit).
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 12:31 pm

No SFO-FRA flights?

why are there no SFO-FRA flights on Condor availlable using AS miles? The route exists, I can find revenue flights on M, Th, Sa from SFO-FRA from May-Sept.
However when I check AS using miles, the direct flights is not available in any class. Always tries to route me to SEA or PHX then take condor from there to FRA.

Last edited by kayexalate; Feb 15, 2022 at 12:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.