Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Condor (DE) Partnership (Announced 3/20/2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I guess load up your tablet with some content if you're on the SEA-FRA flight...
I guess there is IFE if you bring a tablet.
Old May 31, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
My May 11 Condor flight still hasn't posted, so just submitted my paperwork to MileagePlan via email. The boarding pass shows the correct AS MP number. Really wonder how they (AS and DE) can mess these credits up. They must have a couple hundred AS credits each day - do they really process them all manually?
My May 27 MSP-FRA flight posted today. Still waiting on my SEA-FRA flight from April 14. Submitted boarding pass and receipt, but so far nothing; no response from Alaska either to followups. No idea what's going on over there.
Old May 31, 2022, 6:32 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH

Really hope that changes at some point. Shame to have the tablet requirement with a decent display mounted right in front of you, particularly at meal times...
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club

Did the power outlets work?? Mine did not on my return flight.
TheDudeAbides likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:27 pm

My May 11 Condor flight still hasn't posted, so just submitted my paperwork to MileagePlan via email. The boarding pass shows the correct AS MP number. Really wonder how they (AS and DE) can mess these credits up. They must have a couple hundred AS credits each day - do they really process them all manually?
My DE flights posted one week after return. Did you manually input your AS milage number online or did you request them to add it at the airport? I did both.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by minhaoxue
My DE flights posted one week after return. Did you manually input your AS milage number online or did you request them to add it at the airport? I did both.
I emailed them to have it added after I booked the ticket. The boarding pass showed the correct number, and the AS segment that was part of the PNR posted without issues.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 12:28 am

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
I emailed them to have it added after I booked the ticket. The boarding pass showed the correct number, and the AS segment that was part of the PNR posted without issues.
I've flown DE three times between ANC-FRA (RT in 2012), (OW in 2016) and (OW in 2019). I enjoy their hard product (have only flown in Comfort/Business), and the route is second to none when it comes to getting to Europe from ANC. However, their customer service is atrocious in my experience. I've even been yelled at by the phone agents for mistakes that DE made. I'd say there's a snowball's chance in hell that your miles will get posted without numerous additional attempts on your part. Prior to the partnership I had to mail my physical boarding passes to Germany to get credited for my Miles & More account (no exaggeration).
Old Jun 1, 2022, 7:02 am

I know it is after the fact but I never trust emails. With an airline like Condor, I would have had them input it at the check in and this is even after emailing or even talking to them on the phone.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I know it is after the fact but I never trust emails. With an airline like Condor, I would have had them input it at the check in and this is even after emailing or even talking to them on the phone.
Talked to them on the phone once about adding the number. The agent had no idea what a frequent flyer or loyalty number was. Perhaps it doesn’t come up on most of their calls since they don’t have their own loyalty program and don’t participate in Miles&More anymore. But at least he was able to successfully assign my C seat and after initially wanting to charge me a fee, accepted that it was free,
minhaoxue likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by mildfrequence
Really hope that changes at some point. Shame to have the tablet requirement with a decent display mounted right in front of you, particularly at meal times...

To be fair, my Surface Pro tablet probably has better resolution than that rather aged ex-EY IFE.

I don’t agree with their logic in not investing in a loaner plane, but I understand it.

Did the power outlets work?? Mine did not on my return flight.
Worked just fine.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To be fair, my Surface Pro tablet probably has better resolution than that rather aged ex-EY IFE.

… and my iPad has better media content than their 767 IFE.

I don’t agree with their logic in not investing in a loaner plane, but I understand it.
How long are they going to keep the loaners? I obviously have no inside knowledge, but would they have to do anything but to sign a contract with the IFE content provider that EY was using? Or are their loaners a mix of different configurations?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:58 pm

… and my iPad has better media content than their 767 IFE.

How long are they going to keep the loaners? I obviously have no inside knowledge, but would they have to do anything but to sign a contract with the IFE content provider that EY was using? Or are their loaners a mix of different configurations?
I had heard they are keeping them for 2 years. They only started to fly them last month. I did overhear an attendant talking to a passenger and I believe the IFE are by Panasonic and they should be up in running either this month or next.

http://simpleflying.com/condor-a330s/
notquiteaff and mildfrequence like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
IFE or not, Condor provides the best award travel value for Europe Travel. Glad to have them as an option.

Jiburi
Old Jun 2, 2022, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jiburi
IFE or not, Condor provides the best award travel value for Europe Travel. Glad to have them as an option.
Agreed. And I hope they don’t raise their fares too much with the new Neos and their massively improved hard product.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 11:36 pm

Agreed. And I hope they don’t raise their fares too much with the new Neos and their massively improved hard product.
I was just going to raise this question. I have a feeling, at least up front, they will raise their fares. LH is charging ~ $6 to 8 K for their J class. I got a really good price in J on my last trip but once the neos arrive, I can see them charging $4-5K for up front.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.