Search
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ashill
New Thread with 738 Fleet Tracking

739 thread with fleet tracking

Original Press Release

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com/newsroom
Seats in the Premium Class section will have at least 35" of pitch, compared to 31" to 32" in the rest of the main cabin. To make room for the Premium Class while maintaining pitch in the main cabin, Alaska will reconfigure and reduce the number of seats available on some aircraft. Also, pitch in the First Class cabin will be increased from 36" to 41" providing a significantly enhanced experience for those customers.

Code:
 Model     Fleet count       Current seats           Reconfigured cabin
 (First class/Main cabin)(First class/Premium class/Main)

737-800       61               16/147                    12/30/117

737-900/900ER 77               16/165                    16/24/138

E175          15               12/64                     12/12/52
737-800s: Rows 6-10 are Premium
737-900/900ERs: Rows 6-9 are Premium

All 737-800s have been converted. 737-900s now in work. All aircraft to be complete by end of 2017.

Snack Box info from AKCuisine and Post 514:

3" x 3" x 2" box weighing in at 2.17 ounces. It's also "locally sourced - which translates to "Distributed by Oakfield Farms Solutions LLC, Grapevine, Texas."

Inside the box is 1.16 oz of Craisins (110 cal); 0.63 oz of unsalted almonds (100 cal); and a 0.375 oz square of Ghirardelli chocolate (50 cals) - total, 260 calories.
Print Wikipost

Premium Class Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2021, 9:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I can't believe I'm saying this but I've actually had more trouble finding an available PC seat when my elite window opens than getting upgraded to F...it's really odd how many PC seats are filled at T-72.
When I’m in PC and not F, almost no one gets the chocolate bar, which means their either MVP or buying up. Anecdotally, a lot of the people are buying up to PC for the blocked middle seat, which makes me think AS will continue to block middle seats for the up charge
clarrkkent likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
When I’m in PC and not F, almost no one gets the chocolate bar, which means their either MVP or buying up. Anecdotally, a lot of the people are buying up to PC for the blocked middle seat, which makes me think AS will continue to block middle seats for the up charge
I think you might be right...middle seats in PC are a tough sell so they could easily increase the PC upcharge with empty middles.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 1:45 pm

Yikes, prices for Alaska PC jumped from $119 to $149 overnight for my flight. Definitely makes the decision even easier.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Cynapse
Yikes, prices for Alaska PC jumped from $119 to $149 overnight for my flight. Definitely makes the decision even easier.
Have you priced business class fares, possibly even with United or Jet Blue? They were sub $500 not too long ago, which is right in the range of where you were going to be.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Have you priced business class fares, possibly even with United or Jet Blue? They were sub $500 not too long ago, which is right in the range of where you were going to be.
I did see Jet Blue Mint was $598. Not sure I want to go there for a 8:30am flight though. I’m sure they’re crazy comfortable but I’d be more inclined if I got to use the bed for a late nighter or overnight flight. I’ll give United a look but they haven’t come up in any of my searches. Delta was around $600/pp too iirc.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 11:11 am

Anyone know how many drink services are currently offered in premium SEA-FLL? This will be my first transcon not in F since the pandemic, so curious what to expect.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 11:16 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by ASA_1
Anyone know how many drink services are currently offered in premium SEA-FLL? This will be my first transcon not in F since the pandemic, so curious what to expect.
The cart will only come through once, within the first hour of flight (order a double of whatever you want then). They usually make one more pass mid-flight to offer water bottles/take orders for other drinks. Feel free to use the call button at any time in between.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
The cart will only come through once, within the first hour of flight (order a double of whatever you want then). They usually make one more pass mid-flight to offer water bottles/take orders for other drinks. Feel free to use the call button at any time in between.
That was my experience as well on FLL-LAX. The FA offered doubles from the cart on the first round. About 60 minutes before arrival, the FA made a "final call" pass through. Service was exceptional throughout the flight.

James
pcoll and Bellerina like this.
Old May 26, 2021, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Flew PC this morning SEA-LAX due to a misconnect last night when my PDX-SEA flight went MX for half an hour and there were no F seats on the first SEA-LAX flight this morning and I got downgraded. All we got was a biscoff - no PC snack and no chocolate bar. I may have been the only MVPG who wasn't in F - when they called group A it was apparently just me, and then they called B right away. I did have an empty middle next to me, but the recline in my seat also seemed to be broken.
Old May 26, 2021, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrisl137
Flew PC this morning SEA-LAX due to a misconnect last night when my PDX-SEA flight went MX for half an hour and there were no F seats on the first SEA-LAX flight this morning and I got downgraded. All we got was a biscoff - no PC snack and no chocolate bar. I may have been the only MVPG who wasn't in F - when they called group A it was apparently just me, and then they called B right away. I did have an empty middle next to me, but the recline in my seat also seemed to be broken.
You should have gotten the chocolate bar but I don't think I've received a "special" PC snack in over a year...I always thought it would be nice to offer a choice from the First class snack basket since it's loaded already onto almost every flight. Perhaps you could have talked them into routing you via PDX on the way to LAX for better upgrade chances (and more miles!).
pcoll likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 8:11 pm

Programs: AS
You should have gotten the chocolate bar but I don't think I've received a "special" PC snack in over a year...I always thought it would be nice to offer a choice from the First class snack basket since it's loaded already onto almost every flight.
For longer flights, where the price to upgrade is $149, one would think they could throw in something more than a cookie.
we upgraded family members who do not drink, so at $600, more legroom and a cookie better make them 😆 happy.
Old May 26, 2021, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps you could have talked them into routing you via PDX on the way to LAX for better upgrade chances (and more miles!).
I almost asked them to route me back to PDX last night and to LAX in the morning - I could have at least slept at home #2 in PDX instead of the Marriott. I think there were still a couple flights to PDX left for the night. There also may have been F availability on the other flights - it was a (very cheap) paid F ticket. I'd originally bought the ticket in october with one of their discount coupons, and in early march realized I could sit in F for another $35 for the RT, I did that. So any compensation for getting downgraded will be almost certainly be less than for the MX causing me an overnight.
Old May 26, 2021, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrisl137
I almost asked them to route me back to PDX last night and to LAX in the morning - I could have at least slept at home #2 in PDX instead of the Marriott. I think there were still a couple flights to PDX left for the night. There also may have been F availability on the other flights - it was a (very cheap) paid F ticket. I'd originally bought the ticket in october with one of their discount coupons, and in early march realized I could sit in F for another $35 for the RT, I did that. So any compensation for getting downgraded will be almost certainly be less than for the MX causing me an overnight.
Did you have to pay for the hotel in SEA since it was MX?
Old May 26, 2021, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They covered it plus a meal voucher that I used in the morning - I didn't even have to request it. They have a pretty good system for hotels - they send you an email and you can choose from a bunch in the area. The first few on the list are things like Econolodge and BestWestern, but the airport Marriott wasn't far down, and they both let me use my benefits and gave me a few points. It's also very close, so it was faster to walk back to the airport in the morning than wait for their shuttle. Since it was probably some super-discount-bulk rate, they stuck me in a room that seemed like a longer walk from the front desk than the distance from the front desk to the airport. It was a perfectly fine room though. When you pick the hotel it emails you a hotel voucher confirmation number and the meal voucher, and their system is quick enough that it happens while you're with the CSR. They were very helpful, but it would have been more helpful to hold the plane about 5 more minutes instead of leaving 2 minutes early. They offloaded me while I was on the train from C to N.

If they were going to make me pay for hotel I'd have probably had a friend (married to an AS captain, of all things) come get me and stayed with them, or had them put me on a flight back to PDX and stayed at home. I also asked about OAL flights last night, but it was late enough that there weren't any left. They did check.
SNAnghbr and NoLaGent like this.
Old May 26, 2021, 10:47 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Is this really a question? Have you ever been made to pay for your own accommodations due to a MX on any airline? They usually include 2 meal vouchers as well.

I'd be requesting a Supervisor immediately if that ever happened to me, and in many decades of airline travel, that's happened to me exactly zero times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.