Search
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ashill
New Thread with 738 Fleet Tracking

739 thread with fleet tracking

Original Press Release

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com/newsroom
Seats in the Premium Class section will have at least 35" of pitch, compared to 31" to 32" in the rest of the main cabin. To make room for the Premium Class while maintaining pitch in the main cabin, Alaska will reconfigure and reduce the number of seats available on some aircraft. Also, pitch in the First Class cabin will be increased from 36" to 41" providing a significantly enhanced experience for those customers.

Code:
 Model     Fleet count       Current seats           Reconfigured cabin
 (First class/Main cabin)(First class/Premium class/Main)

737-800       61               16/147                    12/30/117

737-900/900ER 77               16/165                    16/24/138

E175          15               12/64                     12/12/52
737-800s: Rows 6-10 are Premium
737-900/900ERs: Rows 6-9 are Premium

All 737-800s have been converted. 737-900s now in work. All aircraft to be complete by end of 2017.

Snack Box info from AKCuisine and Post 514:

3" x 3" x 2" box weighing in at 2.17 ounces. It's also "locally sourced - which translates to "Distributed by Oakfield Farms Solutions LLC, Grapevine, Texas."

Inside the box is 1.16 oz of Craisins (110 cal); 0.63 oz of unsalted almonds (100 cal); and a 0.375 oz square of Ghirardelli chocolate (50 cals) - total, 260 calories.
Print Wikipost

Premium Class Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 3:25 am

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
As a rookie MVP I'm still confused how Premium Class upgrades work.

On the past several flights, both pmVX and pmAS, I've been able to select PC seats at T-50 or so for free, similar to how AA MCE works for AA Golds, instead of being placed on some sort of upgrade list and cleared accordingly.

Is this supposed to be the norm?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 3:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jacobguo

Is this supposed to be the norm?
Not that I'm an expert or anything, but I suspect the upgrades are broken. A standby passenger got upgraded into pmVX MCE while none of the elite passengers on my flight's upgrade list got it. When I tried to select the MCE seat at T-2 (I'm MVP Gold), it was only offered to me for an upcharge.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Where are all the AS sympathisers who were excusing all the problems with VX and saying that after 4/24 the computers would all magically work and things would be better...?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: AS
I guess all I have to say after seeing the changes this week....."Hang on, it's going to be a bumpy ride".
Old Aug 26, 2019, 7:28 pm

Data point: we never fly AS but tomorrow we are, in R class, and upgrade to PC was priced at $99 from SFO to JFK, at check-in today it dropped to $15 so I took it, exit rows were also available but I like to keep my bag at my feet. I understand the improvement is basic, we get to board with Group B. Another data point: the $15 each payment was rejected according to AS but approved according to AmEx, while a $30 payment for a bag check went through, and nonetheless, the boarding passes show PC seats. Curious about tomorrow. No priority check-in I suppose?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by af fp
No priority check-in I suppose?
Not for PC. Only F (paid or upgraded) and elites.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 9:50 am

So finally the card was charged and the seats in PC kept. It was a good flight, and at $15 for a transcon a good deal, with very pleasant service on board.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:29 pm

It's T-48 and I'm waitlisted for PC, there are currently no seats available. If one opens up, is it immediately assigned to someone on the waitlist? I assume yes but I'm not sure. Put another way, is it worth frequently checking the app to try and grab one or will it get assigned the minute it opens up?

Sorry if this is a duplicate question, I couldn't find it in the wiki.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
It's T-48 and I'm waitlisted for PC, there are currently no seats available. If one opens up, is it immediately assigned to someone on the waitlist? I assume yes but I'm not sure. Put another way, is it worth frequently checking the app to try and grab one or will it get assigned the minute it opens up?

Sorry if this is a duplicate question, I couldn't find it in the wiki.
IMHO, most of the time it won't automatically move you. Best to check periodically and move manually.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by jjmadison
IMHO, most of the time it won't automatically move you. Best to check periodically and move manually.
It depends on the seat you have booked and the seat that opens up. For example, if you have an aisle seat in Coach and an aisle seat in P opens up, you will be moved. However, if a window or middle seat open up, you will not automatically be moved. They will only give you a P seat in the same position as you have booked (Window/Aisle). If you have a center seat I assume they will move you to any seat that frees up in P.
Additionally, if you have an exit row seat, you will not automatically be moved to P regardless of Aisle/Window. You can find more information on Alaska's Complimentary Premium Upgrade Site

Personally, I would be checking the app a lot (or set up a notification on expert flyer) as I have seen seats free up when SDCs or UGs happen with others in P. Then again, I'm usually in an exit row so would need to upgrade myself regardless.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Bellerina
It depends on the seat you have booked and the seat that opens up. For example, if you have an aisle seat in Coach and an aisle seat in P opens up, you will be moved. However, if a window or middle seat open up, you will not automatically be moved. They will only give you a P seat in the same position as you have booked (Window/Aisle). If you have a center seat I assume they will move you to any seat that frees up in P.
Additionally, if you have an exit row seat, you will not automatically be moved to P regardless of Aisle/Window. You can find more information on Alaska's Complimentary Premium Upgrade Site

Personally, I would be checking the app a lot (or set up a notification on expert flyer) as I have seen seats free up when SDCs or UGs happen with others in P. Then again, I'm usually in an exit row so would need to upgrade myself regardless.

Thanks, I know all of the details on the website. I was wondering if anyone had actual experience being able to grab a seat before they were automatically upgraded. As for an exit row, this is an E175. I never imagined I would be hoping for a PC seat... I'd convinced myself I might even have a shot at an F upgrade
Old Sep 24, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Yes, have had experience with actually grabbing my own PC seat.
RAD_PDX likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Bellerina
Yes, have had experience with actually grabbing my own PC seat.
Good call! T-110min when the last few were cleared into F, I grabbed a PC seat in row 6, jumping ahead of 6 people on the waitlist.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've almost always grabbed my own PC seat. I spent years as a silver on UA and got used to having to check in right at T-24 to get an E+ seat, so it's ingrained that I should check for PC seats as soon as my window opens. I think I've only been automatically moved to PC once or twice in 40+ fllights because I usually move myself within a few hours of the window opening.
czpdx likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Hhonors Diamond
Is this glitch common? First time flying as MVP and at T-48, I checked on the app and there were plenty of seats available in PC but I could only select with an upcharge. When I signed in online to select a seat, the website was showing 0 availability in PC. I called in, at first the agent didn't know the rules for MVPs and had to slowly read up about the 48 hour upgrade policy, and then was able to manually move my seats to PC for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.