Search
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ashill
New Thread with 738 Fleet Tracking

739 thread with fleet tracking

Original Press Release

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com/newsroom
Seats in the Premium Class section will have at least 35" of pitch, compared to 31" to 32" in the rest of the main cabin. To make room for the Premium Class while maintaining pitch in the main cabin, Alaska will reconfigure and reduce the number of seats available on some aircraft. Also, pitch in the First Class cabin will be increased from 36" to 41" providing a significantly enhanced experience for those customers.

Code:
 Model     Fleet count       Current seats           Reconfigured cabin
 (First class/Main cabin)(First class/Premium class/Main)

737-800       61               16/147                    12/30/117

737-900/900ER 77               16/165                    16/24/138

E175          15               12/64                     12/12/52
737-800s: Rows 6-10 are Premium
737-900/900ERs: Rows 6-9 are Premium

All 737-800s have been converted. 737-900s now in work. All aircraft to be complete by end of 2017.

Snack Box info from AKCuisine and Post 514:

3" x 3" x 2" box weighing in at 2.17 ounces. It's also "locally sourced - which translates to "Distributed by Oakfield Farms Solutions LLC, Grapevine, Texas."

Inside the box is 1.16 oz of Craisins (110 cal); 0.63 oz of unsalted almonds (100 cal); and a 0.375 oz square of Ghirardelli chocolate (50 cals) - total, 260 calories.
Print Wikipost

Premium Class Discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2021, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
They always seem to always want to put you on the first flight out the next morning so you get like 4 hours of sleep at the free hotel....that's a no for me...put me on a flight ( preferably with a connection) that allows me a full night's sleep in my free hotel room and a relaxing breakfast with my free meal voucher
Boraxo, buschoi, MareLuce and 4 others like this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 12:04 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Hi everyone I had a quick question about premium class! Sorry if this isn't the right thread to be discussing this but I had a question about it.

I'm an MVP Gold and I was wondering how premium class upgrades work? I was under the impression if I didn't buy a premium class eligible fare, I would have to be waitlisted for premium class and would get an email when I am eligible for an upgrade to premium class.

However, I just read on a blog post that "[i]f you book a ticket that isn’t able to clear instantly, you’ll have to wait until your elite window opens to snag a complimentary upgrade to Premium Class. This happens for MVP Gold members 72 hours prior to departure, while MVP members are eligible 48 hours prior to departure. "

Does this mean that if I check back 72 hours before my flight, I would be able to request any premium class seat that is currently available?

Thank you so much for the replies!
Old Jun 11, 2021, 12:19 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by CathayMVP
Does this mean that if I check back 72 hours before my flight, I would be able to request any premium class seat that is currently available?

Yes, at T-72 you can manually pick any available PC seat. You should be upgraded into one sometime after T-72 hits but the upgrade sweep that automatically upgrades you isn't always run exactly at T-72 (it may begin starting then).
pcoll likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 12:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Hi everyone I had a quick question about premium class! Sorry if this isn't the right thread to be discussing this but I had a question about it.

I'm an MVP Gold and I was wondering how premium class upgrades work? I was under the impression if I didn't buy a premium class eligible fare, I would have to be waitlisted for premium class and would get an email when I am eligible for an upgrade to premium class.

However, I just read on a blog post that "f you book a ticket that isn’t able to clear instantly, you’ll have to wait until your elite window opens to snag a complimentary upgrade to Premium Class. This happens for MVP Gold members 72 hours prior to departure, while MVP members are eligible 48 hours prior to departure. "

Thank you so much for the replies!

In some cases I've been moved to a PC seat without doing anything, but typically yes, T-72 hrs, just go and move yourself to a PC seat and the fee you saw to sit there when booking should be gone. Keep checking as you get closer to your flight if you don't find your preference (aisle/window) as people change flights and upgrade to F may open a few others up, too.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 12:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum

Yes. In theory the system should automatically move you to an available Premium Class seat, but there are a lot of factors (like you currently being in an exit row or a window/aisle PC seat is not available, etc.) that might prevent the system from doing it automatically. If you go to seat assignments at 72 hours you will be able to manually move yourself to any Premium Class seat.

You will not receive an email when you are eligible to move to a PC seat.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 2:09 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Thank you everyone for the quick replies I appreciate it!

I'm glad I know that now. I wish I knew that earlier when flying from FLL to LAX back in February, it was a brutal flight being back in main class and now I realize how blessed I was to be in MVP Gold since being in coach is actual very brutal for long flights like that.. Not sure how I will be able to manage long haul international in coach when that happens haha

Thank you again!
Old Jun 11, 2021, 2:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Not sure how I will be able to manage long haul international in coach when that happens haha
Save up and use your Alaska miles to redeem an international business/first award and you won't have to worry about it.
NoLaGent, Bellerina and CathayMVP like this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 6:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Any recent reports on whether PC still gets the small "snack"? It looks like AS has refreshed their info and taken away any mention of it.
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...mparison-chart
Old Aug 7, 2021, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Any recent reports on whether PC still gets the small "snack"? It looks like AS has refreshed their info and taken away any mention of it.
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...mparison-chart
the small snack has been gone since before Covid. It’s just the basic beverage snack now.
Intl359Widget and RAD_PDX like this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 7:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
the small snack has been gone since before Covid. It’s just the basic beverage snack now.
Okay, thanks. I knew it was down to only a small snack (Chex Mix, Kind Bar) but didn't realize that was the same as what was offered in Main Cabin (I've never been in Main so I didn't know they got anything more than a little Biscoff or something).
AS Flyer likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 9:55 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Took two Premium flights last weekend:

- AS 60 JNU-KTN. Boxed water only for the whole Y cabin. A little annoying as there were maybe 50 total on the plane
- AS 60 KTN-SEA. Full drink service and Biscoff. Plus I got a chocolate bar as thanks for being Oneworld Emerald which was nice.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 2:04 am
zxd

Programs: A3
I received a .message to upgrade to PC for $50 a ticket (two px so I upgraded both), the message said Free beer, wine, and drinks. I did it mainly for this benefit. I upgraded, got on the flight, and asked for a drink - they said it's a dry flight and no beverages are offered. I sent a message to Alaska customer care and that said it means only if it's available on the flight. How am I supposed to know that? They gave me a $25 flight credit, I wanted a refund for the whole thing and they refused.

Any advice? Isn't this false advertising?
Old Jul 18, 2022, 2:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by zxd
I received a .message to upgrade to PC for $50 a ticket (two px so I upgraded both), the message said Free beer, wine, and drinks. I did it mainly for this benefit. I upgraded, got on the flight, and asked for a drink - they said it's a dry flight and no beverages are offered. I sent a message to Alaska customer care and that said it means only if it's available on the flight. How am I supposed to know that? They gave me a $25 flight credit, I wanted a refund for the whole thing and they refused.

What route?
Old Jul 18, 2022, 2:35 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by zxd

While I agree it's false advertising, it would have been less than $25 to just buy the drink you wanted from a standard Y seat, so I'm not convinced $25 per passenger is an unreasonable offer.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by zxd

How long was your flight? Premium class doesn't offer alcohol on flights under 350 miles according to the website. Also, did you have extra legroom? Earlier boarding and access to overhead bins? Premium class is about more than just alcohol, although I admit the free drinks are probably my favorite perk.

​​​​​​https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr.../premium-class

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.