Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Seattle (SEA) C Concourse Alaska Lounge Opened June 30, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle (SEA) C Concourse Alaska Lounge Opened June 30, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:17 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa
AS had reasonable wine and good beer for free
Say WHATTTTT??? On what day in what decade did this happen? I must have missed that day.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BOB W
Say WHATTTTT??? On what day in what decade did this happen? I must have missed that day.
Alaskan Brewing is good.

Silver Gulch is good.

Rotating rough draft series is tasty.

As for wine... sure it's no Col Solare...but there's worse stuff out there.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Apparently the only thing AS serves for breakfast in lounges is micturated Wheaties, given how this thread has gone.

Familiarity breeds contempt.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Alaskan Brewing is good.

Silver Gulch is good.

Rotating rough draft series is tasty.

As for wine... sure it's no Col Solare...but there's worse stuff out there.
When bought in bulk and in large volumes I am sure AS is paying well under a buck per glass. The only thing good to say about the wines is that there are no tails or penguins on them.

While it is true that their well Vodka is Gray Goose, the Bourbon is Woodford, the Gin is Tanqueray and the Rum is Bacardi....oh wait, I am so sorry, I forgot that AS uses brands not even seen in the local Brown Jug warehouse

Another airline uses name brands, but I forget who. I think we had access to their lounges at one time.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Apparently the only thing AS serves for breakfast in lounges is micturated Wheaties, given how this thread has gone.

Familiarity breeds contempt.
Actually, the morning offering is very broad with cereals, eggs, pancakes, muffins and bagels, yogurts, fruit, etc. at SEA, PDX and LAX. It is after that where AS falls flat. I have noticed that the ANC BR has the least variety of offerings of any BR even at breakfast time and what is out after that ranges from poor to pathetic. Tortilla chip crumbs and Old El Paso salsa anyone? Or is it large format Costco? I can never tell.

I would say that familiarity with the competition breeds frustration with AS. Disappointment absolutely, not sure about contempt.

Last edited by BOB W; Oct 22, 2016 at 11:02 pm
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:46 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
All I hope is that AS improves their food choices. As someone who doesn't drink liquor that often, I'm pretty happy with the beer selection. Hopefully, the lounge looks just as nice and is super spacious..
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:47 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Actually, the morning offering is very broad with cereals, eggs, pancakes, muffins and bagels, yogurts, fruit, etc. at SEA, PDX and LAS. It is after that where AS fall flat.
I so agree. BTW, I'm assuming you meant to say LAX instead of LAS.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
I so agree. BTW, I'm assuming you meant to say LAX instead of LAS.
Yes, LAX. Fixed the original post.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I would say that familiarity with the competition breeds frustration with AS. Disappointment absolutely, not sure about contempt.
I tend to think the competition will get AS to step it up. See: power at every seat, improved pitch in F, Premium Class, E75s replacing CRJ7s. So I think the lounges will get their turn.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:04 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
I've heard food changes are coming...

Was traveling home from MN last month. Chatted with a couple of employees who said food changes are coming soon. Didn't have details - but it sounded like a step up.

FWIW - I've been in most of the other lounges. They are beautiful and modern with nice sleek furniture and fancy snacks. Alaskas BR are not those things - but I find them far more comfortable (and less stuffy) after a day of flying.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk Kattygirl and the Alaska Airlines forum ^.

Thanks for the update...will be interesting to see what AS does.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:06 pm

My experience has been that BRs have helpful staff. After that they seem weak by any measure when compared to other airline clubs. They do seem to have FINALLY figured out that there is no law against serving soup AND cheese at the same time. But some of the "improvements" make me wonder who they think uses these clubs (spoiler alert: many people on business trips) - the change in the seating in the front half of PDX makes it even harder than ever to use a laptop while in the window seats. And the food choices rank them dead last. But I guess they figure free beer cures all that "ales" you.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by bofc
My experience has been that BRs have helpful staff.
They are definitely friendly. But they really cannot do much to help, like rebook you.
I guess they figure free beer cures all that "ales" you.
Doesn't it?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:18 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

"[T]he new Alaska Airlines Board Room in Concourse C is scheduled to open early next year [...] somewhere between March and May."
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Good to hear. Where did you snap the info ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.