Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Seattle (SEA) C Concourse Alaska Lounge Opened June 30, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle (SEA) C Concourse Alaska Lounge Opened June 30, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by missamo80
Well, I'm at the lounge now, and I have to say I'm underwhelmed. Yes, the views are nice. The wifi is slow though, and the food options are embarassing. There's a tiny little setup for salad (lettuce with one protein and some toppings), the snack jars, and two soup kettles. Oh, and some apples wrapped in plastic wrap.

Neil
I was in the C Lounge on Saturday and Sunday. I agree that AS is still not in the same league as the DL Sky Clubs, but it is definitely a step up from the other AL's. Two soups that we refilled both times I was there, salad with fixings, 6-to 8 jars of various snacks, fruit, espresso machine etc. during the day.

And, all day pancakes!!

I was really surprised when they changed out the cold table at 7 PM to include veggie sticks, 3 kinds of dips (hummus, sun dried tomatoes with garlic & pesto), cheeses, pita chips etc.

And it appears that there are no plans to improve on the offers in the other two SEA lounges anytime soon. Sad to say the least....
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by BOB W
Two soups that we refilled both times I was there, salad with fixings, 6-to 8 jars of various snacks, fruit, espresso machine etc. during the day.

And, all day pancakes!!
Contrast that with my experience:
  • A bowl 1/4 full of salad
  • Two little bowls of protein options to put on the salad
  • Three little bowls of "salad fixings"
  • Three jars of snacks
  • Pancake machine was off and obviously not for use
I bailed and rode three trains to The Club at S gates and it was a night and day difference. Tons of snack options, both salty and sweet (including fresh baked cookies), and a wide range of salad options including pasta salad.

Neil
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
My goodness, the number of posts about PP access before the new lounge opened was too much I admit, but so it goes...

I had a chance to try this new lounge recently. It is pretty nice as an AA AC member. Of course, being that it was actually the closest one to my gate is helpful too. I actually turned around out of the lounge before entry near the security zones to make sure I visited this new space (because I didn't know where it was).

I also like that the pancake machine is ALL DAY and the salad options (before and after 7pm) are okay. Soup is a commodity now (as AA buys the Heinz stuff too), so no comment there, and there was a missed opportunity to put a Coke Freestyle machine or showers, but otherwise a nice space.

I think most people would have no issue with the food offerings, and aside from the length of time it took to build, I think it is nice lounge with sufficient hours (to catch those late flights).

Rasheed
Old May 18, 2018, 11:07 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Less than a year open and the light colored cloth fabrics are not holding up well. Duh. Should have gone with a dark vinyl or leather.
Attached Images   
Old May 18, 2018, 11:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Less than a year open and the light colored cloth fabrics are not holding up well. Duh. Should have gone with a dark vinyl or leather.
Yeah, I recall those seats... sad they're not holding up.
Old May 19, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Originally Posted by rustykettel
You know, funny you would mention it. I think it's pancake syrup.
As a new Alaska MVP flyer (having transferred over from a decade flying United), I went to the new SEA C club just last week. I bought a day pass, to see whether I would be interested in investing in a AS Lounge membership.
And the answer to that question is a resounding ABSOLUTELY NOT.
The people were super friendly, I'll give them that.
But the lounge was dirty, ALL green chairs were filthy, there are a total of EIGHT big swivel chairs, and the pancake machine isn't enough to make up for it.

So. To my surprise, I will NOT be buying an Alaska Lounge membership.
Old May 19, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Legend717
But the lounge was dirty, ALL green chairs were filthy, there are a total of EIGHT big swivel chairs, and the pancake machine isn't enough to make up for it.

So. To my surprise, I will NOT be buying an Alaska Lounge membership.
Too bad you didn't go to the other SEA lounges. None of them, or the other stations (haven't been to JFK yet), seem to be as bad as C.

I really hope AS figures out that hipster inspired artwork furniture and gaudy color trends pale in comparison to simple comfortable overstuffed chairs in traditional colors and coverings.
Old May 21, 2018, 11:04 am

The JFK lounge uses leather for most of the seating. I hope it holds up much better.

The JFK lounge is definitely the nicest one in the Alaska system
Old May 21, 2018, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by rasheed
My goodness, the number of posts about PP access before the new lounge opened was too much I admit, but so it goes...

I had a chance to try this new lounge recently. It is pretty nice as an AA AC member. Of course, being that it was actually the closest one to my gate is helpful too. I actually turned around out of the lounge before entry near the security zones to make sure I visited this new space (because I didn't know where it was).

I also like that the pancake machine is ALL DAY and the salad options (before and after 7pm) are okay. Soup is a commodity now (as AA buys the Heinz stuff too), so no comment there, and there was a missed opportunity to put a Coke Freestyle machine or showers, but otherwise a nice space.

I think most people would have no issue with the food offerings, and aside from the length of time it took to build, I think it is nice lounge with sufficient hours (to catch those late flights).

Rasheed
Boy I think the PP posts are going to flood in again. Since AS changed the hours on the other two SEA lounges (to close earlier) and now the C is the only one open late they've introduced crowding and capacity issues again and I suspect the PP sign will be out almost 100% of the time past 9:30 or 10pm at C. It's crazy they've closing the D lounge early when C just doesn't have enough space. Probably C and D should be open till at least 11 or maybe 11:30 and then go down to one lounge open till midnight. There seems to be a lot of AS flights going out 10:30pm and later at SEA... (Even more so when Sbux and a couple other quick serve food/drink options in C close around 10:30pm, at least on a Saturday... after being turned away from C with PP due to "capacity issues" right around 10:20pm I was the last person in line at Sbux to get something before they turned off the lights and closed. I didn't board until 10:58pm for a 11:35pm departure and they were boarding at least 3 or 4 flights at the same time from C2 and I think a Newark or JFK flight at a gate across from ours was going out right around that time too)
Old May 21, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by acarney
Boy I think the PP posts are going to flood in again. Since AS changed the hours on the other two SEA lounges (to close earlier) and now the C is the only one open late they've introduced crowding and capacity issues again and I suspect the PP sign will be out almost 100% of the time past 9:30 or 10pm at C. It's crazy they've closing the D lounge early when C just doesn't have enough space. Probably C and D should be open till at least 11 or maybe 11:30 and then go down to one lounge open till midnight. There seems to be a lot of AS flights going out 10:30pm and later at SEA...
This seems to be a Saturday-specific issue, when the D and N lounges close at 10 instead of 11. Tonight, for example, AS has its last three departures from N at 11:30 (club closes at 11) and only ORD at 12:45 leaves from C after its midnight closing time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.