Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Seattle (SEA) C Concourse Alaska Lounge Opened June 30, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle (SEA) C Concourse Alaska Lounge Opened June 30, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:29 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Is this supposed to compete with the Sky Club? Doesn't even look remotely close...
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
No, it's not.

The Sky Club serves 10-12 hour international flights. Alaska is all domestic.
The Sky Club in Concourse A is a true showcase facility. The Alaska Lounge in Concourse C is not meant to be a flagship.
Using the SkyClub requires a membership or an expensive Amex card. Using the Alaska Lounge only takes a cheapo Priority Pass membership.

The new club is nice for what it's supposed to be. Alaska never promised a grandiose space or a spa.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Pat Plus
No, it's not.

The Sky Club serves 10-12 hour international flights. Alaska is all domestic.
The Sky Club in Concourse A is a true showcase facility. The Alaska Lounge in Concourse C is not meant to be a flagship.
Using the SkyClub requires a membership or an expensive Amex card. Using the Alaska Lounge only takes a cheapo Priority Pass membership.

The new club is nice for what it's supposed to be. Alaska never promised a grandiose space or a spa.
I'm hoping the new N lounge for 2020 or whatever or will be better, but AS does use their lounge for some of their international partners , including Hainan and Icelandair. Others, like Emirates and Korean, use other lounges.

The Sky Club is complimentary for Diamonds, whereas even 75Ks do not access the Board Room for free.

Priority Pass is not "cheapo". Complimentary access with PP usually requires quite a premium credit card, like CSR or Amex Plat. The cheaper CCs will give you a PP that is either limited in visits or costs $29/entry.

It's not what Alaska promised, but people will naturally compare lounges at the same airport.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Cool.

Won't be in SEA for a few months. Hope to check it out in Sept. Excited to see the porter on tap ^

Only capacity for 90 though?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by keitherson
I'm hoping the new N lounge for 2020 or whatever or will be better.
Agree.

I'm quite sad they ignored the redeye bank and didn't keep the AA showers
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:52 am

I'll be dropping by on Saturday. I'll try to snap some photos for you guys
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
One of the reviews says that bar chairs are coming but the United Club, which has a similar design, did not go with any bar chairs. Maybe that is intended in the design and there won't be any?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Ok all you negative Nancy's. As far as DL, ever been to the Sky Club in the smaller terminals in ATL? Not so great. Please note Skyclub membership is $745 compared to AS lounge at $450.

I think this Lounge is a home run for AS, its beautiful and has perfect views of the runway, just like the old L.A. boardroom did. I'm not coming to the Lounge to take a shower and hang out all day, like most people I am there for a few hours between flights and enjoy a snack and/or drink and the ability to be away from the huge mob that is now the SeaTac terminals.

I am going to try and sneak in today and take a look around but so far from what I see, this is impressive!!
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by dmodemd
One of the reviews says that bar chairs are coming but the United Club, which has a similar design, did not go with any bar chairs. Maybe that is intended in the design and there won't be any?
Bar stools are illegal at Sea-Tac. If memory serves, it's something about strict alcohol-related laws in WA. If there are stools, then the entire room needs to be off-limits to anybody younger than 21.

Delta found a smart workaround by building an island next to the bar that has stools.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Pat Plus
Bar stools are illegal at Sea-Tac. If memory serves, it's something about strict alcohol-related laws in WA. If there are stools, then the entire room needs to be off-limits to anybody younger than 21.
So why are there bar stools at the N lounge where anyone, of any age, can come in? Neil

Last edited by dayone; Jun 29, 2017 at 6:38 pm Reason: Fix link.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by missamo80
So why are there bar stools at the N lounge where anyone, of any age, can come in?

Neil
Those aren't "stools"; they're "high chairs."
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Trendy over practical wins again. The vintage photo is a nice touch and will interesting to see if the full kitchen gets used.
There will be the occasional wine & food tasting event provided by outside vendors. I suspect that is when the full kitchen might be turned on. AS does not pay for these events or the food, wine, beer, whatever. The vendor does. When they run out, they are done. It is to build brand awareness of local companies hoping you will purchase their products down the road.

Slightly off topic, but I was passing by the ANC AL a week ago and saw a sign where the AL was hosting free chair massages from the company that plants them around the airport that you can use for a fee. Weird offer IMHO
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
So I was able to get in today and take a look around. Very impressive...the two biggest cool factors: chilled counter tops where the salad and fixings sit and the large windows that face the runway self tint. Sitting in the sun I didn't have to squint and there was no heat from the sunlight.

Very upscale and many people noted it almost looks like a nightclub. I think people are really going to enjoy this lounge!!!
Attached Images      
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:47 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
I gave up my Alaska Board Room (excuse me, Alaska Lounge) membership back in December due to being frustrated by the Priority Pass overcrowding and the poor options for food and beverage.

Next Tuesday I have a long layover in Seattle. I'll be flying on an AS F ticket (not an upgrade) so I'll have access to the lounges. I hope to be able to check out the new end-of-concourse C lounge to see for myself to what extent they've improved the offerings.

My fingers are crossed that they're still pouring complimentary sparkling wine during my visit (I seriously doubt it's actually real Champagne that's on offer ). Some decent food offerings would be quite welcome.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL Gold, Hilton Gold
I think it looks great and will check it out on Friday. Why all the negative crap? Its great to have another lounge as SEA for those of us that connect there nearly every week. Thanks AS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.