Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Seattle (SEA) C Concourse Alaska Lounge Opened June 30, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle (SEA) C Concourse Alaska Lounge Opened June 30, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by tusphotog
As of 5/31, it was "end of June." There was nervous laughter when I asked if it was end of June 2017 or June 2018?

Sounds like there are construction delays with the finishes. According to the agents in the main BR, they're working day and night to hit that deadline.

We shall see...
This is exactly how the current N Lounge construction went. There is just no reason for a remodel of an existing space to take a year and a half.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
This is exactly how the current N Lounge construction went. There is just no reason for a remodel of an existing space to take a year and a half.
And when was the last time YOU had to replace a twirl-o-wheel dry snack dispenser with an Amazing Pancake Machine?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
I was able to talk to this construction manager and he said it will be done any day now.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 4, 2017, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tusphotog
As of 5/31, it was "end of June." There was nervous laughter when I asked if it was end of June 2017 or June 2018?

Sounds like there are construction delays with the finishes. According to the agents in the main BR, they're working day and night to hit that deadline.

We shall see...
I think most of the work is done, they're just waiting for the new "No Priority Pass" sign to arrive
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I think most of the work is done, they're just waiting for the new "No Priority Pass" sign to arrive
They missed the boat on installing digital signage so they could flash the "No Priority Pass" at a moments notice... that moment specifically being when they see a PP member walking towards the door...
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
And when was the last time YOU had to replace a twirl-o-wheel dry snack dispenser with an Amazing Pancake Machine?
Too bad I didn't stay last night in a Holiday Inn Express. Not only would it confer instant expert status, but I could kype the pancake machine when the breakfast attendant's back was turned.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
and AS is still not telling in what June in what year they actually plan to open this space...Beuller, Beuller, Beuller...............
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:42 am

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
I'm sure there will be remote Priority Pass sniffers throughout the concourse. When a Priority Pass member is detected, the new diagital board will actively deployed the NO PP message.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
We can only hope all the PP restrictions on the cardholder alone will cease at SEA once that lounge opens.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dmodemd
We can only hope all the PP restrictions on the cardholder alone will cease at SEA once that lounge opens.
Unfortunately I don't see this being the case. More chances to get in perhaps, but 100% restored?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 4:34 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by beckoa
Unfortunately I don't see this being the case.
+1. Mitigation, not elimination.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:51 am

I'm fine with rejecting PP guests, as long as they make it so that the primary PP holders can always get in.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see any difference whatsoever....if this were truly a capacity issue, *maybe*, but there are too many times when PP members are denied access to half-empty lounges for this to *really* be about capacity. I have a strong feeling they are weaning PP from Alaska Lounges in preparation for PP and AS to go their separate ways. Earlier this year I got a message via Twitter from a PP representative saying that they were aware that members were having trouble accessing Alaska Lounges and they are looking for ways to help alleviate the issue. The evening hours at the Club at SEA was a good start so we'll see what happens in the future.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: AS
Last time I was in SEA D Lounge, had discussion with concierge I have known for years.
She said that after a "new Credit Card" starting giving PP, they saw an "explosion" of PP users. This was never an issue for PP at AS Lounges before. (As a side note, she also went on about how badly behaved and rude they seemed to be)

I did tell her that with the CSR, current card holders may not Re-up for the next year. The first year was too good to pass up, as far as benefits.
Moving forward, many may drop off.
She said that AS is waiting to see if that does indeed happen.
Sounds like they would like to continue with PP but, the flood of new PP users was just too much.
My 2 cents.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: AS
^^
For now, I would like to see this .
Originally Posted by quemalo
I'm fine with rejecting PP guests, as long as they make it so that the primary PP holders can always get in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.