Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Seattle (SEA) C Concourse Alaska Lounge Opened June 30, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle (SEA) C Concourse Alaska Lounge Opened June 30, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
alaskaair.com/lounge now lists the following:

Code:
      Airport 	                                   Location 	                                         Hours
Anchorage International Airport (ANC) 	        Concourse C, near Gate C-1 	                         Daily: 5:00 am. - 1:30 am
Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (SEA) 	Concourse C, across from gate C-9                        Opening June 2017
Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (SEA) 	Concourse D, just beyond the Central Security Checkpoint Daily: 5:00 am - midnight
Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (SEA) 	North Satellite, between gates N1 and N2. 	         Daily: 5:00 am - midnight
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)         Terminal 6 on the mezzanine level, near gate 64  	 Daily: 5:00 am - midnight
Portland International Airport (PDX) 	        Concourse C, across from Gate C5 	                 Daily: 5:00 am - 11:00 p.m.
emphasis mine
Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Well, they've nailed their colours to the mast. 23 days to go!
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Not really. The AS site has said June for a couple of months now. If it goes like it did with the N Lounge they will simply change the word "June" for "Summer" and then "Fall".
Old Jun 8, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by acarney
They missed the boat on installing digital signage so they could flash the "No Priority Pass" at a moments notice... that moment specifically being when they see a PP member walking towards the door...
Do you know how much a digital sign would cost? AS is NOT going to spend that kind of money on an AL and it would delay the opening by at least another 6 months.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:20 pm

I will be through SEA on Tuesday and will report (not surprisingly) that the new C AL is still closed........
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by BOB W
Do you know how much a digital sign would cost? AS is NOT going to spend that kind of money on an AL and it would delay the opening by at least another 6 months.
Around twenty bucks?

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/car-led-sign-scrolling

Needs just five letters. "No PP"
Old Jun 9, 2017, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Around twenty bucks?

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/car-led-sign-scrolling

Needs just five letters. "No PP"
I stand by my original statement about AS unwillingness to spend $$$ on the AL's.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:36 am
Original Poster

I stand by my original statement about AS unwillingness to spend $$$ on the AL's.
They could get the sign but might have to do without the pancake machine to cover the added expense. At any rate this will now require a full re-design and additional meetings with POS. I see no way to get it done in six months.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I think they sell "OPEN" signs at Costco. All they need to do is tape a paper with the words "For Priority Pass" to the OPEN sign and they can just turn it on and off as needed.

Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

I checked by yesterday (6/14), no changes or updates.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: AS
As per SEA D lounge staff...."end of the month" and on the side , "they are hoping to make it by the end of the month".
Reading article in Beyond magazine now and pic looks pretty sweet.
As per the article, "The lounge will focus on healthy and fresh food offerings, by local bakeries and vendors. Food and snack options will rotate regularly..."
Sounds like an improvement to what is currently offered in D and N.
Will be flying on July 5. Hopefully I will be able to report on an open C lounge.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: AS
Observation today at SEA D lounge.
Summer travel season in full swing. TSA lines very long..TSA Pre check took twice as long .
Lounge is full of families with children. 5 families currently upstairs.
Noticed posted on whiteboard in kitchen, Split Pea today
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by pcoll
As per the article, "The lounge will focus on healthy and fresh food offerings, by local bakeries and vendors. Food and snack options will rotate regularly..."
Use of the word "vendors" as quoted from the article makes me wonder if the newest AS Lounge is going to offer food for sale rather than just complimentary snacks. Thoughts?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pcoll
As per SEA D lounge staff...."end of the month" and on the side , "they are hoping to make it by the end of the month".
Reading article in Beyond magazine now and pic looks pretty sweet.
Will be flying on July 5. Hopefully I will be able to report on an open C lounge.
So it sounds like the D and N lounge will become the new "Priority Pass" lounges...lol...everyone else, enjoy the new C lounge
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Use of the word "vendors" as quoted from the article makes me wonder if the newest AS Lounge is going to offer food for sale rather than just complimentary snacks. Thoughts?
That would be a nice option and on par with other domestic lounges (and the AL at LAX).

No word on how long it is taking them to rip out the showers......perhaps that is what is taking so long. They can't get the rags tight enough to stop up the shower drains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.