Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Emirates award guide using Alaska Airlines miles

Routing Rules:

All trips must start or end in North America.
One open jaw and one stopover allowed on each one-way award.
No fees for changes/cancellations prior to 60 days from departure.

North American Gateway Cities:

West Coast
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Central
Chicago
Dallas
Houston

East Coast
Boston
New York (JFK)
Orlando (Effective September 1, 2015)
Washington DC (IAD)

Canada
Toronto

Award Chart Links*:

Middle East & Africa

Asia

Europe

*If region is not listed on chart its not available.

Perks

Chauffeur Drive NOT Available
Car service is not available for all Business Class and First Class passengers on Alaska Airlines ticketed award tickets on Emirates flights (as of Jan 2015). The chauffeur will not confirm if you use the EK website for this, though the website makes it look you can make a reservation.

Lounges
Access is available for all passengers traveling in Business and First Class. Not all cities have lounges and many may be operated by a Partner. There have been some reports of people having an issue accessing the Dubai lounges as the tickets may appear in their system as non-revenue employee travel. This is not as much of a problem as it used to be but in case it comes up please advise the lounge attendant that you are on an Alaska Airlines award.

Dubai Connect

AS Awards on EK do not qualify for Dubai Connect, which is the service that offers the free hotel.

Tricks to find Transoceanic availability

Instead of performing a blanket, i.e. SEA-DXB search, perform: SEA-MED.
Madinah is a destination that is only served by EK. Consequently, if there is availability, only EK will show up in the calendar results.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Has anyone checked if availability matches that shown by EK?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K UAL Premier Exec
Booked my SEA-DXB FC this afternoon. Unfortunately the India travel I need to do has to be booked in D class which is not available for either of my flights, and this is out in November of this year. Not sure what I'm going to do now, but have a while to think about it.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K UAL Premier Exec
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Has anyone checked if availability matches that shown by EK?
I use Expertflyer to walk the Alaska agent through the flight numbers, class of service and availability.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Two minutes ago on AS FB page:

"For Mileage Plan members, the world just became a little smaller. We're delighted to announce that you can now redeem your miles for travel on Emirates to any one of their over 128 destinations in Asia, Africa & the Middle East.

Additionally, Mileage Plan members can earn up to triple miles on Emirates new, nonstop service between Seattle & Dubai! Register today: http://bit.ly/XGQPlI"
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Yep, as long as it is within 100 miles. Pretty generous Radius Also if you have a long layover in DXB, you can stay at the airport hotel [a very luxurious hotel, can't remember the name] and EK will pay for it.

As EK is adding more partners, I am not sure how much longer they will include this benefit for award tickets.
Yep, it will be interesting to watch.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:10 am

Programs: DL gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
stopovers

If I'm looking to book a winter trip to Cape Town and Johannesburg can I have a 3 day layover in Dubai? I tried finding it on the website and we're trying to decide which airline to fly?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by portland67
If I'm looking to book a winter trip to Cape Town and Johannesburg can I have a 3 day layover in Dubai? I tried finding it on the website and we're trying to decide which airline to fly?
If you want to visit Dubai and South Africa on one award ticket, Emirates is your best bet for airlines. Were you looking on the Alaska website? You won't be able to see Emirates flights there. If you want to stop over in Dubai, you will likely have to fly in and out of the same airport in South Africa, because you can have either a stopover or an open jaw, but not both (pretty sure this applies for Emirates awards as well).
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: DL gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
If you want to visit Dubai and South Africa on one award ticket, Emirates is your best bet for airlines. Were you looking on the Alaska website? You won't be able to see Emirates flights there. If you want to stop over in Dubai, you will likely have to fly in and out of the same airport in South Africa, because you can have either a stopover or an open jaw, but not both (pretty sure this applies for Emirates awards as well).
I was looking on expert flyer for availability but yeah I want a stop over in Dubai on our way back to the states. I wasn't sure if Alaska allowed stop overs on Emirates reward tickets.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by sergad
I use Expertflyer to walk the Alaska agent through the flight numbers, class of service and availability.
I am trying to book a flight CMB-DXB-SEA right now and can see D3 for the CMB-DXB leg and cannot get the agent to see it. I have tried back a few days in a row, so I guess the availability is not perfectly aligned with Expertflyer.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
I am trying to book a flight CMB-DXB-SEA right now and can see D3 for the CMB-DXB leg and cannot get the agent to see it. I have tried back a few days in a row, so I guess the availability is not perfectly aligned with Expertflyer.
FYI, CMB-DXB-US is one of the poorest use of miles routings.
xCMB First Class fares are routinely under $2,000 one way, with full EQM/RDM earning.
In two weeks, I have CMB-DXB-LHR-LAX-DEN First Class on EK-EK(380)-BA-AA. Total price $1,920 AI.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 2:57 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Just booked a SEA-DXB-MLE (Maldives) trip in May. Finding seats on first segment was a breeze.

SEA-DXB F (booked in Z) had Z2 on just about every day. I used ExpertFlyer. FYI- AS Partner Desk had exact same availability as EF.

Although DXB-MLE had very limited. Even finding Economy (booked in N) was a challenge. Some days it was N9, others was N0. I did not find anything in Biz (booked in D) nor anything in F (Booked in Z). Although the important flight is already booked in F!!

My plan is to watch ExpertFlyer on D and Z class for the ride home.

DXB-MLE is only 4 hrs, we can deal with that in cargo if necessary!! I am just glad we can get there in 2 segments rather than 6, like we did last year on Cathay Paficic. Although Cathay was plush, Emerites will be an experience!!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:37 pm

Emirates (EK) awards availability status update?

SFO777 (or anyone) could you please clarify, where or how you find CMB TO US one way F seats for under 2000? Is that using EF? Thanks
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by alshrink
SFO777 (or anyone) could you please clarify, where or how you find CMB TO US one way F seats for under 2000? Is that using EF? Thanks
I used emirates.com. Use the Multi-city search function.
CMB-DXB EK
DXB-LHR EK
LHR-LAX AA codeshare on BA metal
LAX-DEN AA

Prices out at 260,400 Rupees AI ($2,048 at today's exchange rate)
When I purchased mine a few months ago, the exchange rate priced it at $1,920.
You'll need A class avails. EF is helpful to make sure A is available before you use EK.com
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by BarryL
I used ExpertFlyer. FYI- AS Partner Desk had exact same availability as EF.
I am currently in DXB and trying to add a tag on to my trip. I have tried CMB and KUL, both of which have Z or D availability on Expertflyer but I can't get the agent to see. Do you think EK has reduced availability for AS?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 1:47 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan MVPG, HHonors Gold, Hyatt GP Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by alshrink
You can also use ITA. Entering DXB and LHR as your connecting cities should bring up flights with A as the booking class on EK, BA, and AA. Looking forward to my March trip:

CMB DXB EK 77W
DXB LHR EK 388
LHR DFW AA 77W
DFW SEA AA 738

All for around $1,950. I'm crediting the miles to AS MP, so BA metal was out for me. I prefer the EQMs on EK and AA, plus I get the new AA 77W.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.