Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Emirates award guide using Alaska Airlines miles

Routing Rules:

All trips must start or end in North America.
One open jaw and one stopover allowed on each one-way award.
No fees for changes/cancellations prior to 60 days from departure.

North American Gateway Cities:

West Coast
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Central
Chicago
Dallas
Houston

East Coast
Boston
New York (JFK)
Orlando (Effective September 1, 2015)
Washington DC (IAD)

Canada
Toronto

Award Chart Links*:

Middle East & Africa

Asia

Europe

*If region is not listed on chart its not available.

Perks

Chauffeur Drive NOT Available
Car service is not available for all Business Class and First Class passengers on Alaska Airlines ticketed award tickets on Emirates flights (as of Jan 2015). The chauffeur will not confirm if you use the EK website for this, though the website makes it look you can make a reservation.

Lounges
Access is available for all passengers traveling in Business and First Class. Not all cities have lounges and many may be operated by a Partner. There have been some reports of people having an issue accessing the Dubai lounges as the tickets may appear in their system as non-revenue employee travel. This is not as much of a problem as it used to be but in case it comes up please advise the lounge attendant that you are on an Alaska Airlines award.

Dubai Connect

AS Awards on EK do not qualify for Dubai Connect, which is the service that offers the free hotel.

Tricks to find Transoceanic availability

Instead of performing a blanket, i.e. SEA-DXB search, perform: SEA-MED.
Madinah is a destination that is only served by EK. Consequently, if there is availability, only EK will show up in the calendar results.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:25 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Crossing my fingers.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by dayone
Skywards Program Update

Redemption cooperation with Alaska Airlines (AS): as of January 16th, Skywards members can redeem their Skywards miles on all Alaska Airlines flights. As of the same date, Alaska Mileage Plan members can redeem their Mileage Plan miles on all Emirates flights. These program enhancements give our US based Skywards members much richer redemption opportunities and therefore makes our frequent flyer program stronger.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...e+at+a+Time%29
Lucky is blogging about it today.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Glad to hear it will be simultaneous. 2013 is a big redemption year for EK members, we get AS and B6. Obviously, this is primarily going to help the US members. The European folks got easyjet last year which is rather nice too.

I need a redemption chart for the AS flights!

Rasheed
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:21 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
I wouldn't put all your eggs in that particular basket. Its my understanding that there are some technical issues still being ironed out, and it would not surprise me even a little if that date got pushed.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 5:55 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by missydarlin
I wouldn't put all your eggs in that particular basket. Its my understanding that there are some technical issues still being ironed out, and it would not surprise me even a little if that date got pushed.
Sounds like the award chart portion has been set, any chance of sneak preview?

I think that is the part most of us are eager and waiting for the award charts rather than the date we can start redeeming awards
Old Dec 31, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Originally Posted by golfingboy

I think that is the part most of us are eager and waiting for the award charts rather than the date we can start redeeming awards
What he said.

Even though SEA-DBX is 777 service, it still looks awesome. I'll get my shower after I land.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K

That would be nice. I plan on taking advantage regardless of the cost. I'm already looking for routing and availability

The rumor is there will be one way wards with access to EK saver availability. I'm assuming JFK-BKK will be one award to DXB and one award to BKK.

I hope its true (O/W vs 2 awards) as it would be nice to combine it with a one way award using my UA miles for the other direction. That would come in especially handy if the F award amount is outrageous.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dayone
Skywards Program Update

Redemption cooperation with Alaska Airlines (AS): as of January 16th, Skywards members can redeem their Skywards miles on all Alaska Airlines flights. As of the same date, Alaska Mileage Plan members can redeem their Mileage Plan miles on all Emirates flights. These program enhancements give our US based Skywards members much richer redemption opportunities and therefore makes our frequent flyer program stronger.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...e+at+a+Time%29
Great news!!
Old Jan 1, 2013, 4:10 pm

Sitting at the Dubai airpiort as I write this waiting for the connecting LOS flight. These are company paid tickets so I am required to take the cheapest business class flight - fortunately since Emirates began flying to Seattle they have been the least expensive option the last four trips. Cheaper than Delta - go figure. The Emirates staff on the plane remarked the SEA-DXB flights were often very full and would fly family (NONREV) out of other airports like Dallas where loads were lighter. Fortunately AS services many of Emirates' US destinations so getting an award flight through one its less traveled US routes will add flexibility for those with access to an AS connection.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 8:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
One way awards would be nice. I would totally buy as many miles as necessary to top up my account to fly First Class suites
Old Jan 9, 2013, 7:42 am

Talking It is Official!

In the MVPG75K email sent out today, January 16, we can book award travel on Emirates

Originally Posted by Alaska Airlines MVPG75K Email
Beginning January 16, you can officially use your Mileage Plan miles to book award travel on Emirates. We hope you'll have the chance to enjoy Emirates' worldwide network and award-winning service sometime this year.
Now, we are still waiting for the award chart
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
In the MVPG75K email sent out today, January 16, we can book award travel on Emirates

Good to know. I totally wasn't going to read the newsletter
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
+1
Suspect there will be some serious disappointment when it is released... I'm guessing 250,000-300,000 miles per person for RT First NA-DXB.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
+1
Suspect there will be some serious disappointment when it is released... I'm guessing 250,000-300,000 miles per person for RT First NA-DXB.
Is this based on any actual data or information, or are these just numbers pulled from the air?

Incidentally, chatting with a Gold CS agent the other day, he suggested the one-way awards should go live in the 60-day range.

--mcz
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
+1
Agreed, but I suspect it will be a little less than that considering EK F can be had on JL for 135K. Perhaps around 200K and awards won't be bundled, so you will have to pay NA-DXB and DXB-Johannesburg/Singapore/Sydney/Mumbai/etc separately. We should find out soon enough, hopefully this week

Originally Posted by mczlaw
Incidentally, chatting with a Gold CS agent the other day, he suggested the one-way awards should go live in the 60-day range.

--mcz
I will be ecstatic if this turns out to be true ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.