Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by roastpuff
Applied for the card... Now to see if they approve it. Would love to be able to use it to upgrade my award tickets.
How does the card enable you to upgrade on a booked ticket?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Sweetvibes
How does the card enable you to upgrade on a booked ticket?
As long as the higher class award space is available and you have enough points, you can rebook your tickets into that higher class, right? For example I'm booking two AS miles tickets on CX in J to SIN, and with the points from the card I will have enough to try and book it into F as long as spade opens up.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:39 pm

I received my card, updated my income info - but no upgrade banner yet. Hopefully it shows up!
Old Mar 19, 2014, 3:47 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

About 2 weeks about MBNA called me and said I am ineligible for the elite card (that i had for 6 months and been paying in full on time)

He asked my household income and I confirmed 120k, and he said, Oh sorry for the call, you are eligible, bye.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: AC SE, Alaska MVP Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
About 2 weeks about MBNA called me and said I am ineligible for the elite card (that i had for 6 months and been paying in full on time)

He asked my household income and I confirmed 120k, and he said, Oh sorry for the call, you are eligible, bye.
I had the same thing happen to me, with the same details and result. The initial call was so strange and unprofessional (a random phone call to my office number asking for income information) that I refused to answer and called MBNA later to confirm.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 1:30 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ysbyvr
I had the same thing happen to me, with the same details and result. The initial call was so strange and unprofessional (a random phone call to my office number asking for income information) that I refused to answer and called MBNA later to confirm.
Totally agree. I was hesitant to give out any info, but all I shared was a number, so let it go.

Weird.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:19 am

I changed my income information to hit the limit of the World Elite threshold, but no banner prompting me to upgrade comes up... has the offer been pulled?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:24 am

Not automatic. May take a month (or a few)
Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:57 pm

When and How Do you Get Your 25,000 Point Bonus?

I applied for an Alaska Air MC a couple of months back, and have already paid my first statement and annual fee. Does anyone know:

1. When do you get your 25,000 point bonus?
2. If you didn't have a AS Mileage Plan account prior to your application for the card, will they create one for you? If so, how do you find out your number?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by pokee
I applied for an Alaska Air MC a couple of months back, and have already paid my first statement and annual fee. Does anyone know:

2. If you didn't have a AS Mileage Plan account prior to your application for the card, will they create one for you? If so, how do you find out your number?
Get the points at your first (or at worst, second statement).

They will generate an AS number for you if you didn't supply it at application stage. Take a look at your MBNA AA statement, last page or so...it will show you the 25,000 points as well as the AS number that it has been posted to. Otherwise, call MBNA and they can tell you the Alaska Air number attached to the card.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:18 pm

Your AS number is printed on the Mastercard too
Old Apr 1, 2014, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona
Your AS number is printed on the Mastercard too
Whaaaa? How did I miss that!

Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2014, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by pokee

1. I got it before I even got my card.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 2:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
Does this card offer flight delay/baggage insurance when booking an Alaska Award ticket on the card?
Old Apr 28, 2014, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by coleworld
Does this card offer flight delay/baggage insurance when booking an Alaska Award ticket on the card?
NOPE

A rather poor travel insurance card if that is what you are looking for.

The World Elite version of the card offers:
- Price protection insurance (basically a "lowest price" guarantee for personal goods bought using the Card)
- Travel & Lifestyle Concierge Services (not insurance)

I believe the World Elite and Platinum Level both offer:
- CDW rental vehicle insurance,
- Rental vehicle accidental death and dismemberment insurance,
- Rental vehicle personal effects insurance,
- Common carrier trip accidental death and dismemberment insurance,
- Common carrier trip unexpected return home insurance,
- Purchase assurance and extended warranty for goods bought with the Card,
- Legal assistance,

The other travel-related cash transfer, document/ticket replacement, lost baggage and information are ASSISTANCE services NOT insurance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.