Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2013, 7:16 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by yerffej201
So no changes to the signup offer and benefits?

Just you give your info to MBNA/TD?
The account I tried to log in to was my old account, the one I previously had online access to before it was removed. I just applied for a new card with TD but haven't got it yet so I can't see any info about the sign up offer yet.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
We are indeed back! I tried to log in and could not so instead tried to create a new log in. It found me from the info I entered and reinstated my old log in. Great news!
Rinse - and - repeat. Just did the same thing. Welcome back to the 21st Century Alaska Airlines Mastercard.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Air Canada, Westjet Rewards
Just checked my cancelled account in online access and it was still available..so going to order a new card. No online access was the deal breaker.^
Old Aug 12, 2013, 2:00 pm

There is an option to upgrade your card to a World Elite bu there are few details about what the benefits are and the fee. Anybody know?

THere is a 10K bonus for upgrading. Any thoughts on if it's worth it?

Lovely to have online access again. Painless to get it back. I called in to check my balance and was directed to an agent immediately who told me that it was available.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by bevvy5
There is an option to upgrade your card to a World Elite bu there are few details about what the benefits are and the fee. Anybody know?

THere is a 10K bonus for upgrading. Any thoughts on if it's worth it?

Lovely to have online access again. Painless to get it back. I called in to check my balance and was directed to an agent immediately who told me that it was available.
Where do you see that?
Old Aug 12, 2013, 4:54 pm

Programs: CX Gold/UA*G/HH Gold/Marriott Plt/SPG Gold/
Noticed in the online access there is a link to "rewards" When you click on it you are redirected to a website that outlines the earning capabilities of the card as well as a link to the Alaska Airlines Platinum Plus E-Mall which seems to be similar to the Aeroplan Estore, but this one is linked to MBNA rather than the airline. Some good earning opportunities ie. Aldo: 5 miles per $.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Where do you see that?
Having trouble finding it. But it was a black card with an offer of 10K miles. If I can recreate it, I'll post a link.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 8:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG, Marriott, Hilton, Alaska
Originally Posted by bevvy5
Having trouble finding it. But it was a black card with an offer of 10K miles. If I can recreate it, I'll post a link.
Is that a bonus offer of 10K?
Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:08 am

Just signed up for the Black World Elite upgrade. One can always use an extra 10,000 points!

Get there faster by upgrading to the
Alaska Airlines World Elite® MasterCard® credit card.

Receive 10,000 Bonus Miles for upgrading to the Alaska Airlines World Elite® MasterCard® credit card.

You have requested that your account be converted from an Alaska Airlines Platinum MasterCard to an Alaska Airlines World Elite MasterCard. The Alaska Airlines World Elite MasterCard rewards program terms and conditions will be mailed to you shortly. Upon receipt of your new card(s), please destroy the existing card(s). All promotional annual interest rates with or without balances and enrolment in optional services, if any, will be transferred to the new account. Your existing Alaska Airlines miles will be converted to Alaska Airlines World Elite miles at the rate of 100%, meaning you will receive 1 Alaska Airlines World Elite mile for each mile, upon account conversion. Your Alaska Airlines miles will continue to accrue until the conversion of your account and Alaska Airlines World Elite miles will begin to accumulate on qualifying purchases upon that date.

Your PIN number will not transfer to your new account and you will be mailed a new PIN along with your new account information.

By accepting below, you:

(a) understand that these accounts have the same material financial terms and the same rewards program associated with them, but the Alaska Airlines World Elite MasterCard also includes Concierge Service and Price Protection. All other terms and conditions as outlined in your Account Agreement will continue to apply;

(b) understand that the Alaska Airlines World Elite account is a premium credit card account, which is a credit card account that is only issued to a well-defined group of cardholders based on individual spending and/or income thresholds. We will determine your eligibility for an Alaska Airlines World Elite account based on our premium credit card requirements, as determined by us from time to time. Current criteria include: personal income of $70,000 or greater, a household income of $120,000 or greater, or an annual spend of $25,000 or greater;

(c) consent to the closure of your existing Alaska Airlines MasterCard credit card account, conversion of your Alaska Airlines miles and moving all balances, transactions, fees, credit and miles from your existing account to your new account, and to being issued, a Alaska Airlines World Elite account, which is a premium credit card account.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: CX Gold/UA*G/HH Gold/Marriott Plt/SPG Gold/
Originally Posted by todd-r
Just signed up for the Black World Elite upgrade. One can always use an extra 10,000 points!
Where is the sign-up link for the upgrade? I can't find it in any obvious place. Would be nice to get 10,000 free miles and a shiny black edition of the card!
Old Aug 13, 2013, 9:43 am

TD Bank to buy Canadian debt from Bank of America

Seems to be 2 years to the day since the original TD acquisition.

PLUS

Timing also coincides with TD takeover of Aeroplan credit cards.

Hmmm . . .

Coincidence? or Conspiracy theory?

Last edited by todd-r; Aug 13, 2013 at 10:07 am
Old Aug 13, 2013, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by canuck84
Where is the sign-up link for the upgrade? I can't find it in any obvious place. Would be nice to get 10,000 free miles and a shiny black edition of the card!
Sign in to your MBNA account services page.
Mid way down there is info on points available.
Click on the "Click to view my rewards account." <TEXT IS HYPERLINKED>

There is a blue box that has Exclusive Offers

Once you click LEARN MORE the offer will show up on the next page (in one of the flash pages that loop).

Click LEARN MORE, scroll down to accept the terms and your "OFFER" will change to pending.

Last edited by todd-r; Aug 13, 2013 at 10:03 am Reason: Added fancy images
Old Aug 13, 2013, 9:59 am

You may be able to access your rewards account here:

https://www.managerewardsonline.bank...e?locale=en_CA

Last edited by todd-r; Aug 13, 2013 at 10:26 am
Old Aug 13, 2013, 10:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Talked to CSR last night. Apparently no fee difference to upgrade. Plus it comes with benefits like price protection, meaning if a product you buy goes down in price within 90 days, you can get a refund in cash for the difference.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by todd-r
Your existing Alaska Airlines miles will be converted to Alaska Airlines World Elite miles at the rate of 100%, meaning you will receive 1 Alaska Airlines World Elite mile for each mile, upon account conversion. Your Alaska Airlines miles will continue to accrue until the conversion of your account and Alaska Airlines World Elite miles will begin to accumulate on qualifying purchases upon that date.
What on earth is the difference between an "Alaska Airlines mile" and an "Alaska Airlines World Elite mile"? I realize that the card is a "World Elite" card, but that doesn't change the type of Alaska miles earned (?!?!?!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.