Is Priority Pass worth the money?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via Chase credit cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...erve-ritz.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751
Print Wikipost

Is Priority Pass worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: WN- AL+ Marriott-Plat
I got Priority pass as part of Chase Sapphire reserve offering. I was in IAD and found all the lounges had limited hours for Priority pass. BA/Turkish/AF all only accepted it from 7am-2pm. With limited hours I do not see it as a value add. Priority pass should note they are only have limited availability. This is not a value add to me, and not sure how Chase can provide it as a perk, with a straight face.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by a91996
I got Priority pass as part of Chase Sapphire reserve offering. I was in IAD and found all the lounges had limited hours for Priority pass. BA/Turkish/AF all only accepted it from 7am-2pm. With limited hours I do not see it as a value add. Priority pass should note they are only have limited availability. This is not a value add to me, and not sure how Chase can provide it as a perk, with a straight face.
The website does note restricted hours:

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...c-9fa54cf11d74

The LoungeBuddy app also generally notes those.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:37 pm

yes, yes it is.*

* - one must be capable of drinking at least 10 shots of whisky per visit.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
With all of the "limited hours" restrictions and lounges being able to arbitrarily deny entry to PP when the dragon feels like the lounge is "too crowded", I have to wonder if Priority Pass itself is a sustainable entity going forward. If the lounges themselves are backing away from it, its value goes down meaning fewer people sign up for it (either directly or via credit cards where you know the annual fee is in large part for PP).

I hope the company/product is healthy. I'm still in via the Citi Prestige card. I've decided to give that card at least one more year even without the AA clubs, as most airports I regularly visit have a passable PP option. For now.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
I have PP through CSR. My first visit is today at CZM. Tiny lounge. Beer wine and margaritas. Snacks. Much better than sitting out in the general waiting area. I didn't get the CSR for the PP and would keep the card with out it, but it just made the card more valuable.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by boerne
I have PP through CSR. My first visit is today at CZM. Tiny lounge. Beer wine and margaritas. Snacks. Much better than sitting out in the general waiting area. I didn't get the CSR for the PP and would keep the card with out it, but it just made the card more valuable.
Do they charge for the beer and wine at a bar? Or you just grab one from a cooler?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Different answers for everyone as stated. I've used it multiple times after receiving it with CSR. Each trip has been $10-$30 worth of food and drink; it's be even more if I were actually having more than one beer each time. I'd break even at $150 total F&B if I put no value on any other perks aside from the travel credit, and I should hit that easily next time I take my wife somewhere.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by a91996
I also have it through chase sapphire reserve and felt PP helped justify the high annual fee but have not managed to swipe my card even once in almost a year.

Of the airports where I haven't had access to the airline lounge and have had enough time to have benefited from one :

SFO - only one lounge and you have to depart from that terminal, which I wasn't

SYD - no lounge (apparently there are now some benefits but that wasn't in place the three times I went through)

MEL - no lounge

BNE - only lounge is in international terminal and we were domestic

SLC - no lounge

BUR - no lounge

OAK - no lounge

LAX - down to two - tried to use Alaska Boardroom and there was a sign at the elevator saying no PP. Other choice was too far from my terminal.

VCE- no lounge - previous option was removed last month.

CDG - lots of lounges but not from my departure terminal (2F)
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Completely depends on the airports you plan to be flying through. At BOS and BRU (Schengen), for example, they have the best lounges. The Plaza Premiums at LHR are very good, too, though I often have access to other lounges there.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by cheaptom
Do they charge for the beer and wine at a bar? Or you just grab one from a cooler?
They are free. The ones that I've been to typically offer 4-5 different wine options, some hard liquor and a handful of beers. Snacks vary, but I often see mini sandwiches, cheese platters, veggie platters, soup sometimes, pretzels, some pre-packaged desserts, etc. They are all designed differently, but typically it's all set up on a counter or two.

With the CSR, everyone in your family gets in for free. It's made traveling with the kids so much more enjoyable. Just having a TV for them to watch and a place to recharge their phones helps. Some have sleeping rooms where the first hour is free and the subsequent ones are discounted. Some have showers. I love our CSR cards.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
Used PP from CSR many times for a family of 3 at several locations this past trip. Totally worth it for me.

BKK (Bangkok Miracle) - Small space. Ok food.
REP (Siem Reap Plaza Premium) - Nice modern space. Good food and drinks.
USM (Koh Samui Blue Ribbon) - Retreat from hot and humid outdoor terminal. Great food on the menu (Pad Thai, Prawn Wonton Soup, Duck Egg Noodle, etc.)
CAI (Cairo) - In new terminal. Carpet is already dirty. Bad food. Good coffee machine.
FCO (Roma Le Anfore) - Old shower room but good to have. Good cappuccino. Decent food. (Alitalia next door is much better)
Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Used PP a few times and generally find it's a decent value but not something that would make me keep or get rid of a card (especially since I have it through 4 different ways ATM which is excessive).

Most recently it was useful at JFK (Wingtips Lounge) since the AMEX Plat would've only let me into the DL SkyClub but I was traveling with my girlfriend. Gave us a decent place to sit for 2 hours instead of having to sit at the gate with a decent selection of food / drinks / alcohol.

Was more useful when I was flying United and frequently going through IAD (but without status to get into the LH lounge). Since then my travel pattern has increasingly become DL focused so when traveling alone the AMEX Plat for getting into the SC means no need to use PP lounges.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:38 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by yoonny
FCO (Roma Le Anfore) - Old shower room but good to have. Good cappuccino. Decent food. (Alitalia next door is much better)
Agreed.
I stuck my head in there a couple of weeks back and ended up going to the Alitalia lounge instead. Overall, more selection and a nicer space.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:36 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Moderator Note: Priority Pass information lacks a master home on FT. I've just created a Wiki for this thread. Please feel free to add to it as you see fit.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 3:37 pm

Priority Pass Zurich lounge.

Does the new Swiss business lounge at gate E included for the priority pass members?

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...irlines-Lounge

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.