Is Priority Pass worth the money?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via Chase credit cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...erve-ritz.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751
Print Wikipost

Is Priority Pass worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by case
I have a 3 hour stop at Dubai Terminal 3 next week.
Which of the following Priority Pass lounges is the best?

Marhaba Lounge: Concourse A
Marhaba Lounge: Concourse B
Lounge at B
Check out Loungebuddy, they'll have info on all three.

Personally, my favorite would be the Lounge @B considering showers cost money at the Marhabas.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I'm new to PP membership via an Amex Plat card (Canadian).

I have an upcoming two night stay at the Lotte Hotel across the road from Gimpo Airport in Seoul. I see that there are several PP accessible lounges landside at GMP. Does anyone have experience in accessing these lounges without a same day boarding pass? I'd consider dropping in for tea or a snack.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver
I also flying nonrev standby from time to time, so if I read this thread correctly, Plaza Premium and AMEX lounges don't enforce the "confirmed" seat boarding pass requirement? I've never tried accessing a lounge pre-flight if I was flying nonrev to date yet...
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by nli007
I also flying nonrev standby from time to time, so if I read this thread correctly, Plaza Premium and AMEX lounges don't enforce the "confirmed" seat boarding pass requirement? I've never tried accessing a lounge pre-flight if I was flying nonrev to date yet...
Amex Centurion Lounges (which aren't Priority Pass) enforce it, but from what I can tell PP lounges don't. IMO they have less incentive to deny entry to nonrev travelers since they get paid by PP either way, whereas Amex Centurion lounges everything is coming out of Amex's pocket. I imagine that if a PP lounge is crowded they might start by denying entry to nonrev PP travelers first.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: Virgin America
I am flying today out of SFO terminal 2. I have Priority Pass where they have a lounge in the international terminal. Will I be able to move between terminal 2 and international terminal without exiting security, to visit the lounge?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by skron
I am flying today out of SFO terminal 2. I have Priority Pass where they have a lounge in the international terminal. Will I be able to move between terminal 2 and international terminal without exiting security, to visit the lounge?
No. The Air France-KLM Lounge (the only Priority Pass lounge at SFO) is in International Terminal A which is not connected airside to any other terminals.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 7:18 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Hawaiian717
No. The Air France-KLM Lounge (the only Priority Pass lounge at SFO) is in International Terminal A which is not connected airside to any other terminals.
While this is true, you can go outside and enter the international terminal if you re-clear security with a same-day boarding pass departing any terminal. When they try to tell you that you're in the wrong terminal, just tell them you're going to the lounge.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
While this is true, you can go outside and enter the international terminal if you re-clear security with a same-day boarding pass departing any terminal. When they try to tell you that you're in the wrong terminal, just tell them you're going to the lounge.
did not work when I was there recently... the TSA supervisor looked at me like I was (1) crazy, or (2) a potential terrorist..
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:04 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Odd. They've allowed it before.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:27 pm

and not just SFO... at several other airports, I've been denied entry into terminals other than the one shown on my boarding pass. (for the purpose of getting into lounges)

did something change recently? it was never an issue up until about two or three months ago at almost every big US airport that I've visited.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
(1) They are supposed to allow it. I've only gotten "lip" once, and this was from the "enter the line" screener, not from TSA.

(2) Many TSA agents have said "you're here for the lounge?"

(3) There's a specific restriction on the PP website for the KLM/AF lounge that it is only for people departing from that pier of gates.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:34 pm

for me it is

i live in a city without an international airport, so everytime i go abroad i will always have a layover, a long one at times.

PP saves me on having to get out of the airport or getting a hotel, as long as i can keep myself happy staying in the lounge.

even if i pay for their highest tier membership i still come out ahead, especially when attendants strictly enforce 3 hours per swipe rules.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Landscaper
did not work when I was there recently... the TSA supervisor looked at me like I was (1) crazy, or (2) a potential terrorist..
Originally Posted by Landscaper
and not just SFO... at several other airports, I've been denied entry into terminals other than the one shown on my boarding pass. (for the purpose of getting into lounges)

did something change recently? it was never an issue up until about two or three months ago at almost every big US airport that I've visited.
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
(1) They are supposed to allow it. I've only gotten "lip" once, and this was from the "enter the line" screener, not from TSA.

(2) Many TSA agents have said "you're here for the lounge?"

(3) There's a specific restriction on the PP website for the KLM/AF lounge that it is only for people departing from that pier of gates.
TravelerMSY is 100% correct. I just entered Concourse A at SFO a few days ago using a boarding pass for a flight departing Terminal 3-Concourse F. The minder at the entrance to the line checked to make sure I knew I was in the wrong concourse, but as soon as I said I wanted to visit the lounge let me through with no trouble. CAS (it's Covenant, not TSA checking boarding passes at SFO) didn't care.

Landscaper, it is an airport by airport policy, perhaps you're confusing SFO with some other airport that doesn't allow it?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:52 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
TravelerMSY is 100% correct. I just entered Concourse A at SFO a few days ago using a boarding pass for a flight departing Terminal 3-Concourse F. The minder at the entrance to the line checked to make sure I knew I was in the wrong concourse, but as soon as I said I wanted to visit the lounge let me through with no trouble. CAS (it's Covenant, not TSA checking boarding passes at SFO) didn't care.
Yeah, Like others I've had the same experience. They tell me I'm in the wrong terminal, I tell I'm going to the lounge and all is good. Mind you, I'm almost always in the TSA-Pre line, so maybe that has something to do with it.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:11 pm

OP,

I mostly fly on economy group-bookings paid for by my employer, on a wide variety of airlines. For this reason, I haven't got a hope of climbing tiers of an airline loyalty program or being able to take advantage of lounge access that this could provide. A couple of years ago I reached the dizzying heights of BA Bronze but this reset to Blue the following year.

At the end of last year I bit the bullet and invested in Priority Pass membership, and I have to say that I'm already feeling the benefit of it. It makes the journey that little bit more relaxing (bearing in mind that in 2016 alone I spent 262 hours / 192,000 km shoe-horned into an economy seat) and I've estimated that each visit will work out at around £6, assuming that I'm able to use the lounge before most of my flights. There were no Priority Pass partnered lounges at either MEL or SYD when I was passing through recently, but so far these have been the only exceptions.

So to answer the question "is Priority Pass worth the money?" then to me, I'd have to say yes. Different people in different circumstances will undoubtedly disagree, but in my situation I find it to be a worthwhile expense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.