Is Priority Pass worth the money?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via Chase credit cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...erve-ritz.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751
Print Wikipost

Is Priority Pass worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Thanks for the advice on the credit cards, but I live in Austria, and we simply don't have the offers that you get in the USA. The only other real alternative for lounge access here is Diners' Club, which I'm investigating.

Last edited by The_Bouncer; Oct 19, 2016 at 11:11 am Reason: Typos
Old Oct 30, 2016, 12:50 am
Suspended

PP is only for departure

Originally Posted by cmd320
Same thinking here. It's good for backups.

Example, I just flow JFK-FRA on SQ in J. Upon arrival in FRA there is no arrival lounge for SQ customers. Via PP, I was able to access the Luxx Lounge (former Admirals Club) for a shower (which was really all I was hoping to get out of it). Not a great lounge by any means, but that shower was about all that kept me going for the following 7 hours that day.
Theoretically, PP outside of U.S. is only valid for departure, not for arrival.
PP terms and conditions:
#18. Admittance to lounges is strictly subject to cardholders and any guests, if permitted, being in possession of a valid flight ticket and travel documents for the same day of travel. Airline, airport and other travel industry employees traveling on reduced-rate tickets may not be eligible for access. Outside the US, flight tickets must be accompanied by a valid boarding pass for a departing flight, i.e. outbound passengers only. Please note some lounges in Europe are located within designated Schengen areas of the airport which means that access is only provided to these lounges if cardholders are traveling between Schengen countries (an up to date list of Schengen countries is detailed at http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/borders-and-visas/schengen/index_en.htm.)
Old Oct 30, 2016, 12:55 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by Mama
Theoretically, PP outside of U.S. is only valid for departure, not for arrival.
PP terms and conditions:
#18. Admittance to lounges is strictly subject to cardholders and any guests, if permitted, being in possession of a valid flight ticket and travel documents for the same day of travel. Airline, airport and other travel industry employees traveling on reduced-rate tickets may not be eligible for access. Outside the US, flight tickets must be accompanied by a valid boarding pass for a departing flight, i.e. outbound passengers only. Please note some lounges in Europe are located within designated Schengen areas of the airport which means that access is only provided to these lounges if cardholders are traveling between Schengen countries (an up to date list of Schengen countries is detailed at http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affairs...n/index_en.htm.)
You are correct, but nonetheless many lounges in the PP program do allow access on arrival. In fact some that are landside don't request any type of BP.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 4:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by eigenvector
You are correct, but nonetheless many lounges in the PP program do allow access on arrival. In fact some that are landside don't request any type of BP.
I have had no problems using landside lounges on arrival, or even when not actually flying.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 8:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I find the PP membership through AMEX Plat to be of great value. You can get three supplementary cards. Get into the AMEX Centurion lounges. Plus the additional benefits from the card ($200 airline credit and more) really make up for the annual fee.
the $200 airline credit is only for specific items such as onboard meal purchase, luggage fees...etc, not for the plane ticket, cancellation/change fee, tax..etc.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
I have had no problems using landside lounges on arrival, or even when not actually flying.
In which places/countries?
Old Oct 30, 2016, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by invisible
In which places/countries?
HKG, DEL, LHR T2 in my experience.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 4:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by eigenvector
HKG, DEL, LHR T2 in my experience.
HKG, LHR2 & SIN for me. Going to try JNB later this season.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 7:08 am

HKG, LHR2 & SIN for me. Going to try JNB later this season.
Cross over SIN from that list.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by invisible
Cross over SIN from that list.
Is that no more?
Old Oct 31, 2016, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mama
the $200 airline credit is only for specific items such as onboard meal purchase, luggage fees...etc, not for the plane ticket, cancellation/change fee, tax..etc.
Is this confirmed true for Amex? I know that's how a lot of these airline credits were originally marketed - offsets to fees besides the base fare - but in practice, with many cards, it's any charge from an airline. Including a simple $200 ticket. I got my Citi Prestige credit with no problems...just buying a regular ticket with the card.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:19 pm

Is that no more?
There is one on landside, but you are not allowed to get in unless you show departure boarding pass. Which means you can't use it after arrival either.

Recent changes due to abuse when some very 'creative' local individuals with unlimited PP membership made habit camp there daily/weekly without flying. Here is a quote from local SIN forum:

T3 landside lounge used to allow entry without boarding pass. But due to a 'gentleman' abused the system, he went there in his shorts and singlet every day, Priority Pass issued an order for Haven lounge to enforce check on boarding pass. The singlet guy incident is quite well known. He will go there almost every evening for dinner and read straits Times.
Plus the recent case when one guys stayed inside Changi for three weeks and used forged boarding passes and PP membership to get inside contributed to that as well.

Last edited by invisible; Oct 31, 2016 at 10:32 pm
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
A singlet? Was he concerned that he'd have to wrestle his way into the lounge?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
A singlet? Was he concerned that he'd have to wrestle his way into the lounge?
It is local singaporean phenomenon.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:41 am

I have a 3 hour stop at Dubai Terminal 3 next week.
Which of the following Priority Pass lounges is the best?

Marhaba Lounge: Concourse A
Marhaba Lounge: Concourse B
Lounge at B

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.