Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

No potential earnings on updated booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2024, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*GE

I booked a return trip to SYD and then last week the return flight was cancelled/re-scheduled. I called the contact centre and they advised we could select a new flight within 7 days of our original booking, so we decided to stay an additional night and I called them today and they made this change (free of charge).

As you can see below, the original earnings have now disappeared since making this change. I understand I will still in all likelihood receive the 34 SP as originally ticketed.

I actually have a multi-leg intl trip that had to be re-ticketed due to a schedule change, and this entire booking has now disappeared from my online bookings and I cannot re-add it. It is however visible on my Air NZ app, but has no potential earnings section. I spoke to Air NZ and they told me to speak to my travel agent!?

Does anyone know what's going on here?

Old Mar 14, 2024, 2:18 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Pretty normal issue for bookings that are changed. I've had it on multiple occasions but earn always showed properly afterwards.

My upcoming trip to ICN in a few weeks has the same issue with the return flight being rerouted.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Pretty normal issue for bookings that are changed. I've had it on multiple occasions but earn always showed properly afterwards.

My upcoming trip to ICN in a few weeks has the same issue with the return flight being rerouted.
It just seems like such a basic error - how is their system not able to handle this? Changes need to be made all the time so this must be a fairly prevalent issue.

To be honest the potential earnings not showing up for a single leg (such as my example above) is not the end of the world, just frustrating - but an entire booking not showing up in my bookings because of a change? Honestly that’s ridiculous.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by frozenic3
It just seems like such a basic error - how is their system not able to handle this? Changes need to be made all the time so this must be a fairly prevalent issue.

To be honest the potential earnings not showing up for a single leg (such as my example above) is not the end of the world, just frustrating - but an entire booking not showing up in my bookings because of a change? Honestly that’s ridiculous.
They said to talk to your travel agent? Was this booked via a travel agent? As if that is the case, the travel agent may need to perform some actions, as it may be in a pending travel agent action state. Thus not showing to you as it is not confirmed currently or something.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nzkarit
They said to talk to your travel agent? Was this booked via a travel agent? As if that is the case, the travel agent may need to perform some actions, as it may be in a pending travel agent action state. Thus not showing to you as it is not confirmed currently or something.
The booking that I cannot see online is visible in my Air NZ app (with the changes that were made confirmed and completed), just not on the web portal on their website. However even in the app, there is no potential earnings button or anything.

I’ll ask the TA tomorrow to check, but the AKL-SYD-AKL booking above was booked and paid for directly online by myself.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by frozenic3
The booking that I cannot see online is visible in my Air NZ app (with the changes that were made confirmed and completed), just not on the web portal on their website. However even in the app, there is no potential earnings button or anything.

I’ll ask the TA tomorrow to check, but the AKL-SYD-AKL booking above was booked and paid for directly online by myself.
I suspect the TA booking is the app due to an offline caching. If it is a TA booking they are fully responsible for the booking until the flight goes to Airport Control.

With the potential earn think that gets populated as the record is first created. Some of the rebooking flows especially when manual changes opposed to the automated change or online change this doesn't get populated in the flow, as guessing the edit is happening through a different interface the booking system.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 2:52 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
There are a few possibilities for this incl the travel agent still needing to confirm things. If a booking is made via an agent then they are your... Agent.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 12:45 pm

I’ve had this several times after I’ve made a change through the call centre (usually because my preferred option is unavailable online).

I usually just message them on WhatsApp with a screenshot and they can manually fix it.

Sometimes you need to try a messaging couple of times before you get a helpful agent (especially if you have this issue with a partner airline flight) but they’ve always been able to fix this each time I’ve had it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.