Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New credit card earn rates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2023, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by JayKiwi
Yup, 2x mid-fare PE returns to the US plus a bit of other earn would retain Elite. Good deal.
Given that Elite is already 60% metal. And 66% (891 SP) on metal is the magical number for the ANZ earn. $150 is a very good deal.

Assuming most Elite are going to be a bit over anyway.

(Working of 1350 above).

I am wondering if ANZ has a deal that will only need to pay if SP actually used. Else struggling to understand how they are making the numbers work.

As if they didn't see people paying $150 and then putting all their spend on a different credit card, they need some better staff.

As from a customer perspective spending on the ANZ card is a pretty bad move if you care about SP. If you are not double bubbling SP with a Kiwibank card you are not a smart player of the system.

This current set up is encouraging people not to spend money on the ANZ card and direct their spending elsewhere.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by nzkarit

As if they didn't see people paying $150 and then putting all their spend on a different credit card, they need some better staff.

As from a customer perspective spending on the ANZ card is a pretty bad move if you care about SP. If you are not double bubbling SP with a Kiwibank card you are not a smart player of the system.

This current set up is encouraging people not to spend money on the ANZ card and direct their spending elsewhere.
Agree this is true for those familIar with the details, but I wonder what proportion of ANZ plat cardholders are really ‘smart players of the system’ and are deeply aware of SP earn optimisation etc?

And there are plenty if folks I know that just prefer to be with the one bank. Those folks may well be effectively subsidising the changes (to ‘our’ advantage).

Most probably just buy Koru Club…?
Old Mar 3, 2023, 11:43 pm

Programs: BD DC, BA EC, AAdvantage, Hhonors and now NZ Aipoints
Originally Posted by nzkarit

Im trying to work out whether it is worth the off-set of miles from the Amex vs the additional SP of the Kiwibank card. I am so goddamn indecisive. At the moment, the $150 a year for the additional SP is actually the only thing that would enable me to stay *G because my travel is almost exclusive moderate domestic fares.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 1:13 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
It's not worth it for me because currently my rewards are limited entirely by metal SP. I could get more cc SP and it would not help my case at all.

My friends/family however who aren't doing business expenditure on it, well, that's a different story...
Old Mar 4, 2023, 5:45 am

Why would you want to fly with NZ in any case with there current product

Originally Posted by SeaProf
I wish they would reduce the status thresholds for people overseas who don't qualify for credit cards! Being Elite if you live in NZ must be a piece of cake compared to those of us who live in North America!
Old Mar 5, 2023, 11:43 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Guest Rewards Platinum
Damn i might need to get rid of some CCs lol. Already applied for Kiwibank low fee CC just for the APD top ups and now you're telling me i can also get anz plat CC and get 50% more status points for each trip without having to spend anything but $150 on it?? Bring it on!
Old Mar 6, 2023, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Hope did your apply for the Kiwibank low fees card? They pulled this in 2021 for new sign ups.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 12:21 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Guest Rewards Platinum
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Hope did your apply for the Kiwibank low fees card? They pulled this in 2021 for new sign ups.
Oh, really? Didn't even know lol.

https://www.kiwibank.co.nz/personal-.../low-fee-visa/

They're already processing my application.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 12:40 am

Any idea how long Kiwibank credit card processing fees are at the moment? I applied and the email suggests 10-15 business days, which seems....excessively long.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by ukflyer1
Any idea how long Kiwibank credit card processing fees are at the moment? I applied and the email suggests 10-15 business days, which seems....excessively long.
If that's what it says then I guess that's how long it will take!
Was same here anyway.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbiddle
That was the Standard Airpoints visa that was pulled in Nov 2021.

So KB currently has the following Airpoints cards:

Low fee ($AP earn only)
Plat ($AP and SP earn)
Old Mar 6, 2023, 12:10 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD

SP Bonus showing in the APP for me for a flight tomorrow. Also noted my up-coming trips across the Tasman also showing the BONUS in the app under 'Potential Earnings' Please note the above Chch booking was booked on a travelcard, not Airpoints Visa Platinum
Thai-Kiwi and sonyxperiageek like this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Rebound
SP Bonus showing in the APP for me for a flight tomorrow. Also noted my up-coming trips across the Tasman also showing the BONUS in the app under 'Potential Earnings' Please note the above Chch booking was booked on a travelcard, not Airpoints Visa Platinum
Not showing for me Booked my flight in December, but received Airpoints Visa platinum just a couple of weeks ago.

Old Mar 7, 2023, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kapchi
Not showing for me Booked my flight in December, but received Airpoints Visa platinum just a couple of weeks ago.
That's odd. I thought the bonus would be applied to any flights occurring once you become a ANZ Plat Visa card holder. When/how you paid should be irrelevant based on examples cited by others here.

My AKL-YVR-YVR in May was booked/ticked in Dec through our TA, and the bonus shows. Mine is in economy S class and has 42 SP plus 21 Bonus SP showing on the app.

Have you tried refreshing the app?
Old Mar 7, 2023, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by kapchi
When are you flying? I wouldn't be too worried yet, I suspect it is because AirNZ don't yet know you have the Platinum card (no idea how often those systems talk). I've had the card for years so wasn't in the same situation, but all my flights booked prior to this announcement, and using different payment methods, have credited the 50% extra SP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.