Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New credit card earn rates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2023, 6:54 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Under the Benefits tab in your account, all linked cards are displayed. May be worth a look if it's there. I remember my new Amex took a least 1 statement cycle to show.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 10:59 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ukflyer1
When are you flying? I wouldn't be too worried yet, I suspect it is because AirNZ don't yet know you have the Platinum card (no idea how often those systems talk). I've had the card for years so wasn't in the same situation, but all my flights booked prior to this announcement, and using different payment methods, have credited the 50% extra SP.
I have just travelled. Flights were booked in January. I received my new ANZ Platinum Card a week before my first flight and shown under AIrNZ Benefits a few days later.
No Bonus SP's were received.
All future flights which were booked before receiving the card also show no bonus SP's.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Have you tried refreshing the app?
Yes, also checked I have the latest iPhone app.

Also no bonuses on the web version.

Originally Posted by ukflyer1
When are you flying? I wouldn't be too worried yet, I suspect it is because AirNZ don't yet know you have the Platinum card (no idea how often those systems talk). I've had the card for years so wasn't in the same situation, but all my flights booked prior to this announcement, and using different payment methods, have credited the 50% extra SP.
I'm flying in a week, and also I can see the ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum card in my "benefits" on air nz website.

ok, will see if I get any bonuses.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 3:16 pm

Programs: BD DC, BA EC, AAdvantage, Hhonors and now NZ Aipoints
I wonder if the requirement is that the card had to be live on the account when the flights were booked. That feels like a lot of sophistication though.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 3:19 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Guest Rewards Platinum
Tried to apply for ANZ platinum card and they want to schedule an hour long phone call.... Ain't nobody got time for that!
MaestroNZ and codyc1515 like this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by sonyxperiageek
Tried to apply for ANZ platinum card and they want to schedule an hour long phone call.... Ain't nobody got time for that!
yes, they have 1h interview for new applications. I don’t know why it couldn’t be done online, they ask just basic questions like how much you spend by categories and what’s your income.
That’s so much extra expenses for the banks.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 5:14 pm

yah I got this too, never mind that they have my main account and mortgage already lol.

deferring till I’m back in NZ
Old Mar 12, 2023, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Hmmm, my experience was a breeze. I already had the ANZ Gold Cashback card, and just asked to change to the ANZ AirNZ Plat.
We had other business at branch, and it was done pretty much then and there. Certainly no long interview...
Old Mar 12, 2023, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by SpudGun
I wonder if the requirement is that the card had to be live on the account when the flights were booked. That feels like a lot of sophistication though.

That's what I have assumed on the basis of not receiving any bonus SP's to date.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 11:05 pm

Phone call was only about twenty minutes. But a lot of paperwork required and a number of short phone calls. My only relationship with ANZ has been as a corporate signatory.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 1:17 am

Programs: Airpoints
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Hmmm, my experience was a breeze. I already had the ANZ Gold Cashback card, and just asked to change to the ANZ AirNZ Plat.
We had other business at branch, and it was done pretty much then and there. Certainly no long interview...
Yep that was my experience too, it was a regular ANZ Cashback card. It was too simple. The only hiccup was when they asked me what I wanted for my limit and what I asked for was less than the minimum $8,000.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by WLG Base
That's what I have assumed on the basis of not receiving any bonus SP's to date.
Have you tried contacting Air NZ, states on the Air NZ site:
"If you are missing bonus Status Points you are eligible to receive, let us know by filling in the 'Flights' section of the online claim form and we'll look into it for you."
Old Mar 13, 2023, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by rtv4
Have you tried contacting Air NZ, states on the Air NZ site:
"If you are missing bonus Status Points you are eligible to receive, let us know by filling in the 'Flights' section of the online claim form and we'll look into it for you."
Where's the option that states missing Bonus Status Points?
Old Mar 13, 2023, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by WLG Base
Where's the option that states missing Bonus Status Points?
Yeah interesting it doesn't really have a field to add any details when you do the flight claim option. The claim missing airpoints page states though:

"Bonus Status Points earned by ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum and ANZ Visa Business Airpoints cardholders who are Nominated Earners normally show on your Airpoints account after your completed qualifying flight^. If they don't show in four weeks, you can make a claim by following the 'Flights' process above."

Interested to hear if it works as I'm planning to get a platinum card for my partner to get the bonus status points for some already booked flights.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 12:55 pm

Programs: AirNZ NZ*E
Originally Posted by SpudGun
Had a quick chat with the ANZ team this morning. 50% status points earned where the flights are paid for on the card.

Earning on the standard card will also change - 1APD per $170 spend.
thought I’d update (and apologies if covered already in the thread). The earn rate for status on AirNZ just happens even if you don’t use the card. I’ve used my westpac business card for a number of trips now and they’ve earned despite 0 spend on the anz platinum.

Means theoretically you could double dip with another card.

kiwifrequentflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.