Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Priority One

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by Beano
Yes AIRNZ are substantially higher than most airlines when paying cash but if however you can purchase a PE flight and purchase (or use a RU) using a standby upgrade (checking first for R class availability) the price can be competitive.
But if you factor in other FFP's there is nothing competitive about that.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Beano
Yes AIRNZ are substantially higher than most airlines when paying cash but if however you can purchase a PE flight and purchase (or use a RU) using a standby upgrade (checking first for R class availability) the price can be competitive.
Yes, assuming that you can travel via LA on NZ1/2.

However, my needs (and I assume a lot of others) mean that only half of the journey to Europe will be on NZ. The other half might be CX/TG/LX/LH etc.

If I was to buy a PE fare AKL-PVG-ZRH-LHR, I can upgrade to Biz AKL-PVG but the rest of the journey will be Economy.

I recently had to travel to London and NZ J was 13.5K return via LAX. Instead, I went AKL-(SQ F)-SIN-(LH F)-FRA-(LH J)-LHR-(LX J)-ZRH-(LX J)-LAX-(NZ J)-AKL which came to roughly 11.5k...
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: NZ*GE
I just flew back from BNE to WLG with Virgin Australia (AirNZ ticketed).

Not too bad. So I decided to look at their FFP. Nice features like "Family Pooling" which allows up to 6 members to group points together. And the entry bar for platinum, while equivalent to GE, looks like it would require as many flights as it would take to get to G on AirNZ FFP. I think if I lived in Aus it would be a far better offer.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 11:53 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by methom90wh
I just flew back from BNE to WLG with Virgin Australia (AirNZ ticketed).

Not too bad. So I decided to look at their FFP. Nice features like "Family Pooling" which allows up to 6 members to group points together. And the entry bar for platinum, while equivalent to GE, looks like it would require as many flights as it would take to get to G on AirNZ FFP. I think if I lived in Aus it would be a far better offer.
It's a way better FFP. When I was VA*G, I also got free Hilton HHonors Gold status and Europcar Executive Platinum status, both of which I used extensively. But you have to fly a minimum amount on VA, which is hard if you live in NZ and are focused on other FFPs/alliances.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: NZ*GE
Originally Posted by pbl22
But you have to fly a minimum amount on VA, which is hard if you live in NZ and are focused on other FFPs/alliances.
I thought you could credit even domestic airNZ flights to velocity ? I saw a chart explaining the conversion rates. The vast majority of my travel is NZ domestic, I've been to NRT and BNE in the last month but that is unusual for me.

By chance today I got send a online questionnaire from airNZ regarding the AKL->NRT flight. It was a fairly long one and asked about my VA travels since I ticked them as an airline I've flown with in the last 12 months. I used the comments to point out my next family holiday in October for 6 pax will be on VA, CHC to LAX and that the price difference between airNZ and VA was "enlightening". I also ticked the options that allowed them to link the responses to my AP#. Be interesting to see if I get any response at all.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by methom90wh
I thought you could credit even domestic airNZ flights to velocity ? I saw a chart explaining the conversion rates. The vast majority of my travel is NZ domestic, I've been to NRT and BNE in the last month but that is unusual for me.
You can only credit the full fares (ie., Y, B, Q, H, M) domestic flights to Velocity which is in line with accruals with other *A programmes but most trans-Tasman and long haul fares do credit to Velocity, unlike other *A programmes.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
This thread has totally gone OT
Old Aug 5, 2014, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by QTFLYER
This thread has totally gone OT
Probably because there are are hardly any Elite Priority Ones in existence.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by pbl22
Probably because there are are hardly any Elite Priority Ones in existence.
Was told a couple of weeks ago by an agent that all staff at Air NZ are not permitted (under any circumstances) to discuss the EP1 programme with people who are not EP1. They even said that they get very little, if any, information on the programme. However, they did say that if you name a major NZ CEO that they would most likely be one...
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by LyingFlat
However, they did say that if you name a major NZ CEO that they would most likely be one...
Except that they don't seem to include Mr J. Key and Mr R. McCaw - the two "CEOs" of arguably the two most important NZ institutions.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:13 pm

Programs: NZ*Gold Elite
Originally Posted by WellingtonFlyer
After reading the posts above and NZ's handling of NZ9 recently I have decided to share my opinion as it has been on my mind lately, like many others on this thread.

I have flown with Air New Zealand as an Elite for over 4 years now and have been flying for many more as Koru member before this as only in the last few years has my travel substantially increased. Over the past few years and more recently the nearly one year I have been involved in FlyerTalk I have experienced huge changes within Air NZ.

Im very proud of New Zealand's national carrier and whenever I see their aircraft with the iconic Koru design on the tale I feel very exited and proud. I really enjoy travel and I do my best to stay loyal to NZ when I fly around the world.

However, recently I, and many others, have noticed big changes within the company and the way it operates. As sbiddle mentioned above the way Air NZ perceives itself and the opinion customers have of the airline are currently very different. The great Kiwi service and can do attitude of staff has seriously degraded in recent times and new changes to the Airpoints programs and other cost cutting measures may make shareholders happy, but it is doing the opposite to its most frequent customers.

Yes, TT service is degrading for all, including GE....

Noteable changes over last year or so:
- no pre-dinner drinks service
- no small bottle of wine now, just a cup
- 20 minutes or so wait from getting food to a drink if row 10+
- often (almost always it seems) no post dinner drinks service "as time ran out".
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:53 pm

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by dex_
Yes, TT service is degrading for all, including GE....

Noteable changes over last year or so:
- no pre-dinner drinks service
- no small bottle of wine now, just a cup
- 20 minutes or so wait from getting food to a drink if row 10+
- often (almost always it seems) no post dinner drinks service "as time ran out".
I always ask for an extra drink or two.

The move away from the bottles of wine is a step backwards but probably does save them money.

I find time seems to "run out" mostly on a320s which really do feel like a LCC experience.

I actively seek out 763 flights for the two abreast seating and faster service.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:15 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Trying to bring this one back on topic, I spotted Helen Clark, current #3 at the UN and former Prime Minister in the non-EP1 part of the AKL domestic lounge, so it is possible that she is not EP1.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:18 am

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by Trumpkin
Trying to bring this one back on topic, I spotted Helen Clark, current #3 at the UN and former Prime Minister in the non-EP1 part of the AKL domestic lounge, so it is possible that she is not EP1.
her air nz flights are so subsidised by the tax payer she should consider herself very lucky, even if she is not ep1..!
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:37 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Originally Posted by Trumpkin
That makes my day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.