Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Priority One

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by Waipara_Sam
The lounge food was nothing to write home about back then. I think soup was often the only hot option. It was all about inflight service. Remember blue ribbon service on Ansett and meals designed by a leading restaurant from the city you were flying out of on NZ. It amazes me now they cant make a cup of coffee from Wellington to Christchurch but could once manage a three course dinner.

The deal was when they cut all that we were to get better offerings in the lounge... now we have neither.
I recall the first time I flew Business Class WLG-CHC (connecting on J to Europe via SIN) and was being offered cooked salmon as we were descending as the main meal, after a starter course that I thought was all I was going to get.

Of course NZ dumped on-board service to do "Express Class", Qantas maintained full service on domestic flights before handing it over to Jetstar and it didn't help Qantas's patronage at all.

The age of domestic airlines competing on quality in NZ is over, I suspect NZ thinks that given it is the only airline with lounges, and it has Space +, it need not do more - and it's probably right. After all, Ansett NZ never made a profit AFAIK.
Old May 30, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
There was an 'NZ*EO' (as shown on the manifest) on NZ123 this morning. The crew were familiar with him, but I didn't recognize him.
Old May 31, 2014, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by ajnz
There was an 'NZ*EO' (as shown on the manifest) on NZ123 this morning. The crew were familiar with him, but I didn't recognize him.
EO is Elite partner.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 2:32 am

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
still curious about EP1 benefits.
I find it unbelievable that no one on this forum is a member!?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by JANZFlyer
still curious about EP1 benefits.
I find it unbelievable that no one on this forum is a member!?
Any regular of this forum who flys enough in high enough classes to be EP1 would in all likelyhood be not crediting much to Airpoints - they would be aware of other programs with better Loyalty benefits.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 6:52 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by serfty
Any regular of this forum who flys enough in high enough classes to be EP1 would in all likelyhood be not crediting much to Airpoints - they would be aware of other programs with better Loyalty benefits.
Exactly my thoughts too.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by waterwingsNZ
EO is Elite partner.
Interesting - I would have expected that to be NZ*EP. In the past there was no designation on the manifest for Elite Partners.

Also, the crew very clearly knew this pax (and his wife) very well...so it doesn't actually seem to line up that he would be an Elite Partner.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by ajnz
Interesting - I would have expected that to be NZ*EP. In the past there was no designation on the manifest for Elite Partners.

Also, the crew very clearly knew this pax (and his wife) very well...so it doesn't actually seem to line up that he would be an Elite Partner.
Maybe he used to work at NZ? Maybe they know his wife very well, as she is assumedly NZ*E.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by pbl22
Maybe he used to work at NZ? Maybe they know his wife very well, as she is assumedly NZ*E.
Possible but the interactions didn't really imply either of those. Oh well - another mystery and evidently no closer to knowing what (or who!) Elite Priority One is.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: NZ*G, United.
The room in Auckland seems to be active. The TV is on and the other day two grey haired men in suits who I didn't recognise came out. Decided it would be crass to ask them what it is like.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Elite Priority One

It's clearly extremely exclusive and at the whim of senior management. I asked a friend who works for a senior Government Minister - she travels extensively and is not a member, but is a member of Qantas Chairman's Lounge.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 1:24 pm

I know a "Sir" who is on the Rich List and a major figure in business and philanthropy and he was just in the regular AKL dom lounge yesterday.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:53 pm

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Originally Posted by pbl22
I know a "Sir" who is on the Rich List and a major figure in business and philanthropy and he was just in the regular AKL dom lounge yesterday.
I have a friend who is a personal friend of Chris Luxon and he is also in the top 20 Air NZ revenue frequent flyers and is not a Prority One. He asked Chris and he said that was only currently the top 6 to 8 have the honour.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by brucelee
I have a friend who is a personal friend of Chris Luxon and he is also in the top 20 Air NZ revenue frequent flyers and is not a Prority One. He asked Chris and he said that was only currently the top 6 to 8 have the honour.
are you saying 6-8 people holds Priority One? or 6-8%?

I am serious curious what sort of facilities Air NZ can provide giving that secret room(s) can not be as good as QF's Chairman's Lounges?

Qantas Chairman's lounge images
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:24 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by brucelee
Really?
I find it hard to believe they would go to all this bother to create and publicise this then to only offer it to such a small number. IMO it would only alienate their top 100 if they were not included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.