FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   Elite Priority One (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/1561596-elite-priority-one.html)

WellingtonFlyer Mar 18, 2014 11:58 pm

Elite Priority One

Has Air NZ released any more info about the new "exclusive benefits" of the invitation-only Elite Priority One status? Also, has anyone received an invitation yet?

I can't seem to find any info about it apart from the initial announcement back in November last year. This is surprising considering the announced changes to the Airpoints Programme come into affect in 12 days.

Does anyone have info about the 777-200 refit status either? NZ seems to be very quite on realising info at the moment.

Thanks

sbiddle Mar 19, 2014 1:08 am

The refit starts next month on OKA, I believe it's starting once OKC comes back from China.

WellingtonFlyer Mar 19, 2014 1:40 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle (Post 22549790)
The refit starts next month on OKA, I believe it's starting once OKC comes back from China.

Why is OKC in China? Do you know when they will announce the seating arrangement?

sbiddle Mar 19, 2014 1:44 am

I believe it's getting a D check.

The seat numbers had been confirmed in another thread but I've yet to see an actual image yet.

It does make me wonder how Air NZ are going to manage the seat selection in their system, right now there are clearly going to be people who have booked flights that will be on the new plane based on the 3-3-3 rather than the 3-4-3 layout.

WellingtonFlyer Mar 19, 2014 1:56 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle (Post 22549856)
I believe it's getting a D check.

The seat numbers had been confirmed in another thread but I've yet to see an actual image yet.

It does make me wonder how Air NZ are going to manage the seat selection in their system, right now there are clearly going to be people who have booked flights that will be on the new plane based on the 3-3-3 rather than the 3-4-3 layout.

Yes, this is what I have been curious about. Im booked on the 772 a few times later this year and I would like to know ASAP if I will be on a refitted version or not because I don't like the prospect of 3-4-3 config for 12+ hours!

I would assume they have already got new seat maps in place for when the aircraft goes back into service but they just aren't releasing them to the public for competitive advantage and/or haven't confirmed which aircrafts will be servicing which routes yet.

Markhm Mar 19, 2014 1:59 am

Originally Posted by WellingtonFlyer (Post 22549650)
Has Air NZ released any more info about the new "exclusive benefits" of the invitation-only Elite Priority One status? Also, has anyone received an invitation yet?

I can't seem to find any info about it apart from the initial announcement back in November last year. This is surprising considering the announced changes to the Airpoints Programme come into affect in 12 days.

Does anyone have info about the 777-200 refit status either? NZ seems to be very quite on realising info at the moment.

Thanks

$150k threshold, 24 hour concierge service, plus plus

WellingtonFlyer Mar 19, 2014 2:02 am

Originally Posted by Markhm (Post 22549885)

Interesting, do you know of any other benefits? Where did you get this info from?

Kiwi Flyer Mar 19, 2014 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Markhm (Post 22549885)

That's a ridiculous threshold. Basically rules out anyone who is not getting significant work travel. The level is also higher than other airlines set their top status, yet providing less in benefits.

LH 600k miles in 2 years for HON Circle
SQ S$250k in 5 years for PPS Solitaire
QF 3600 status credits for Platinum 1
UA ~ $50k for Global Services
etc

T-15.01 Mar 21, 2014 1:19 pm

I don't understand that to be the threshold......quite a few factors more than just a dollar spend. I umderstand they look at fare value as a big driver akin to Global Service on UA.

Also 24 hour concierge is not much of a benefit.....any pax has access to the call centre with 24/7 response as it is!

poopbunny Mar 21, 2014 4:09 pm

As far as benefits go, Law of Diminishing Returns sets in between Gold and Elite. I expect that would be more pronounced between Elite and One.

Some airlines have special First lounges or accelerated mileage earnings at higher tier levels. NZ has neither.

Concierge is not a service I am likely to use myself. If NZ is as cheap as we know them to be, they would likely train existing call centre staff. I don't expect they would hire new staff.

If that threshold is true, in the public sector, only a handful of politicians would qualify.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...vel-costs-rise

There may be a certain prestige that comes with One Tag on your hand luggage but I won't be chasing that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

JANZFlyer May 5, 2014 3:29 am

Any updates on this or actual EP1 members care to share?

curious

DomesticGoddess May 8, 2014 5:59 pm

Elite Priority One

An interesting update (sort of)...

I'm sitting in the AKL dom lounge.

On my way in I overheard a staff member on the front desk talking to a politician about EP1. The politician was enquiring about the door to the left as you enter the lounge (which was lit up), and the attendant replied that it is or is going to be the area for EP1s. She said that EP1 is "currently being rolled out."

DCF May 9, 2014 2:11 am

In the last fortnight I've received the new cards for myself and my kids.

All three are old-fashioned "Gold Elite" black cards, not even the new "Elite" branding. And certainly not EP1.

Trumpkin May 11, 2014 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by DomesticGoddess (Post 22834389)
AOn my way in I overheard a staff member on the front desk talking to a politician about EP1. The politician was enquiring about the door to the left as you enter the lounge (which was lit up), and the attendant replied that it is or is going to be the area for EP1s. She said that EP1 is "currently being rolled out."

Based on this, I asked the attendant about the room in AKL this morning. She was pretty reluctant to say anything much but I got out of her that it was for the EP1s, it is supposed to be low key so as not to attract attention (despite the fairy grotto lights) and that it has been active for a couple of weeks.

So the question is who is EP1? I saw multiple gov't Ministers in the lounge so it must be fairly exclusive.

DomesticGoddess May 11, 2014 11:58 pm

Elite Priority One

Yea the politician the staff were talking to was a very senior figure in the government. Surprised that they don't get invited, given the flying they do. I'm aware that most if not all government ministers are QF Chairmans Lounge. Means the threshold for EP1 must be very high.