Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Priority One

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2023, 1:15 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Originally Posted by greg23
That seems an incredibly low threshold. I often fly for around $11 NZD per status point, which would make 3000 status points (if all metal) only a spend of $33,000 NZD.

Considering you can spend around $20K on one return business class ticket to JFK, I'd think the threshold for EP1 would be more like 24,000-30,000SP, or $330K per year spent on NZ metal?

Maybe an invite to EP1 is based more on who you are vs your actual spend with the airline if the spend threshold is so low?

that is my point ! It’s not about how much they fly but how much business and cash flow they generate for NZ with freight forwarding. No individual flyer will ever generate that much money.

in both these people’s cases it is nothing to do with how much they personally fly
Old Sep 6, 2023, 4:12 pm

Programs: NZ*E
wishful thinking and mathematically correct, reality check - what is the volume of NZers who pays this amount a year? We will never be like PPS for SQ or top tier the likes of NH or CX. You can buy almost half an apartment in Auckland for $330k
Old Sep 6, 2023, 5:35 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by mmonster
wishful thinking and mathematically correct, reality check - what is the volume of NZers who pays this amount a year? We will never be like PPS for SQ or top tier the likes of NH or CX. You can buy almost half an apartment in Auckland for $330k
There are a few EP1s who spend over $100k on a single multi-airline trip. People spending six figures on travel is definitely a lot more common than you would think. I recently booked a trip for two people which came to around $70K just for the flights…
Old Sep 6, 2023, 7:18 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by LyingFlat
There are a few EP1s who spend over $100k on a single multi-airline trip. People spending six figures on travel is definitely a lot more common than you would think. I recently booked a trip for two people which came to around $70K just for the flights…
what I can say is good for them
Yes, they exist, I am thinking about the volume and % of population compared to AUS and Asia (where other *A carriers are based) and BR from Taiwan and TG from Thailand are a bit different... (and yes, I know there are some and they exist, but % and volume is quite different, I suspect).
Old Sep 6, 2023, 8:54 pm

are they looking to adopt a man?
gratn, cavemanzk and LyingFlat like this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by mmonster
what I can say is good for them
Yes, they exist, I am thinking about the volume and % of population compared to AUS and Asia (where other *A carriers are based) and BR from Taiwan and TG from Thailand are a bit different... (and yes, I know there are some and they exist, but % and volume is quite different, I suspect).
I think you will be surprised by the amount of ‘hidden’ wealth in New Zealand. Total trip costs between $100K-$500K are very common, especially in the leisure sector. $1m+ trips are a lot rarer in comparison to the US/EU/UK leisure markets, but they do occur. IRD recently reported that there are 312 families/individuals with a net worth of $50m+. What is unknown is the number of families/individuals with a net worth in the $10m-$50m range. However, I would guess that there are quite a lot.

Originally Posted by raznz
are they looking to adopt a man?
HA! 😂
Old Sep 7, 2023, 2:42 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
I think you will be surprised by the amount of ‘hidden’ wealth in New Zealand. Total trip costs between $100K-$500K are very common, especially in the leisure sector. $1m+ trips are a lot rarer in comparison to the US/EU/UK leisure markets, but they do occur. IRD recently reported that there are 312 families/individuals with a net worth of $50m+. What is unknown is the number of families/individuals with a net worth in the $10m-$50m range. However, I would guess that there are quite a lot.

HA! 😂
I think the IRD sent surveys to 312 taxpayers not there are 312 families/persons with net worth of $50m+.
I would not be surprised if the $50m+ group is in the hundreds of thousands.
Fifty million is not a high figure today.
It's been many , many years since the NBR considered $50m in the rich list .
Old Sep 7, 2023, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by Beano
I think the IRD sent surveys to 312 taxpayers not there are 312 families/persons with net worth of $50m+.
I would not be surprised if the $50m+ group is in the hundreds of thousands.
Fifty million is not a high figure today.
It's been many , many years since the NBR considered $50m in the rich list .
I think they actually identified 312 families/individuals at $50m+. Of course there could be more but I wouldn’t think there would be too many more.

I would think that the bulk of NZ’s wealthy are in the $10m-$50m range. There are a lot of people, such as retirees, who have valuable land holdings they have had for decades. They are of course illiquid but that changes once they sell. Look at suburbs like Herne Bay, Westmere, Orakei etc. and there are run-down houses in prime spots worth many, many millions.

Many of my clients have similar backgrounds. They were cash-poor until they sold the family home for $5m+ and are now living life and spending lots on holidays.

My EP1 clients on the other hand are all SME owners travelling for business. They consistently spend 6 figures per year with Air NZ.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.