Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Priority One

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:43 am

Ditto, the EP1 area of the WLG domestic lounge is by the bar area closest to the entrance. There is a pretty conspicuous door with frosted glass and "invitation only" or something to that effect written on it.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...credible-perks
kiwifrequentflyer likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:11 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I suspect Air NZ aren't too happy about this. The agency who did the design work have taken their website down. It was up and running this morning.
codyc1515 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:39 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by LyingFlat
I suspect Air NZ aren't too happy about this. The agency who did the design work have taken their website down. It was up and running this morning.
I did wonder what they'd think of it....according to the designers Linkedin it looks like they might actually be an employee of AirNZ, which would be a big own goal.
prp343 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by brenrox
I did wonder what they'd think of it....according to the designers Linkedin it looks like they might actually be an employee of AirNZ, which would be a big own goal.
Maybe we'll soon see her LinkedIn status change to 'looking for opportunities'
Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:21 pm

I love how Stuff is making out like the features of EP1 are never before seen / breaking news when we originally posted the features back in early 2018.
libertyuk and cavemanzk like this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:37 pm

Programs: NZ *G, AS 75K
I managed to get a screenshot before they took it down
Ellice likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by LyingFlat
it’s probably an advertorial.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by ttravelator
it’s probably an advertorial.
Advertorial for what exactly?

My understanding it is for keeping businesses loyal and making sure they have travel policies that say AirNZ unless no other option not for recruiting new customers.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by codyc1515
I love how Stuff is making out like the features of EP1 are never before seen / breaking news when we originally posted the features back in early 2018.
Exactly, most of NZ’s FF’s know what the door in the lounge is for that says Private or By Invitation Only Means.

I wonder if that stuff reporter might find, there gold card doesn’t work next time they visit the lounge.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:10 pm

Wonder now if they are trying to work expense a yep to Sydney to take a photo of the Sydney fire evac route sign?
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
I’m interested in the “premium food and drinks” they talk about. I’d always heard the food was exactly the same as in the main lounge
Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
The one I find the most interesting, as an elite, is the guaranteed confirmation of RUs on request for EP1s. Not surprising RUs don’t clear for anyone else. Not gonna get sucked in to buying NZ cash fares any more in the hope that RUs clear. NZ are probably holding that upgrade space for EP1s even when there’s other RU requests. They used to clear a lot more regularly than they do now. RU vouchers not worth much to anyone but EP1s. It’s not really going to cut it any more getting a special ‘hello’ from the flight crew, if RUs are never going to clear.
poopbunny likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by Ellice
The one I find the most interesting, as an elite, is the guaranteed confirmation of RUs on request for EP1s. Not surprising RUs don’t clear for anyone else. Not gonna get sucked in to buying NZ cash fares any more in the hope that RUs clear. NZ are probably holding that upgrade space for EP1s even when there’s other RU requests. They used to clear a lot more regularly than they do now. RU vouchers not worth much to anyone but EP1s. It’s not really going to cut it any more getting a special ‘hello’ from the flight crew, if RUs are never going to clear.
There's no upgrade space to 'hold' per se. The benefit allows an EP1 member to take the last seat in PE/BP if they wish with their RUs. Don't forget, when availability is single digits in PE/BP there will not be any R/A class released anyway... If there's no R/A class available for an EP1, NZ will overbook it for them. I have no problem with the benefit considering how much these people spend and how few EP1s there are. EP1 has been around since about 2014/2015 (with the RU benefit being there as well) and I've never had an issue getting an RU pre-confirmed.

The reason for RUs not clearing as often post-Covid is that NZ can pretty much sell every seat in the cabin so there's little incentive to release R class. I know for a fact that their revenue management greatly dislike the EP1 RU benefit (even pre-Covid) because of how much potential revenue is lost...

Take for example, AKL-JFK on 6 April 2023:
  • Economy = $1374
  • Business = $8454
If there is no R class available and an EP1 wants a Y-BP upgrade, NZ will overbook R class for them. This is going to cost the airline $7080 in lost potential revenue...
Old Aug 8, 2022, 6:01 pm

How many RUs are they even getting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.